London Art Classes:
London Art Classes is based in a lovely loft at the top of a Victorian propellor factory, with wonderful views overlooking Canary Wharf in East London. This is a great environment in which to develop your drawing and painting - a working studio with all the art materials you could need - while you are here, the studio is yours. You will receive extensive, personal tuition from a full-time professional artist who has exhibited extensively both nationally and internationally. London Art Classes is a Registered UK Learning Provider, and consistently achieves five stars for its devotion and excellence in teaching. We also provide Portfolio Preparation Assistance to advise students on the professional presentation of their portfolio in ways that demonstrate inventiveness and processes of thought to best effect. We have placed students on Foundation and Degree courses at a range of colleges, including Goldsmith’s, Chelsea, The University of Kent and Central St Martins.
There are normally three elements to all of our classes:
1. A slide show or short film on contemporary art:
Not only is it exciting and fun to know what’s going on, but this gives you confidence and understanding in why you choose to paint the way you do; it helps you to locate yourself within the world of contemporary art.
2 Instruction in the basic techniques of painting and drawing:
Each week there is instruction in the techniques of drawing and painting that builds up to cover all you need to know. We do not concentrate on any one medium such as oils, but cover all of them, as they share the same basic principles.
3. Practical Studio Work:
By far the most important part - your own artwork. The studio provides all the materials, and while you are here the studio is yours. Many students choose to keep work at the studio and create and develop their painting and drawing projects over time.
The approach of London Art Portfolio Preparation is based on the belief that the best portfolio work emerges from the personal passions and experience of the individual student, and this is developed on a one-on-one basis.
* We begin by profiling in depth all your interests and experience, and examine together your strengths and weaknesses
* You will be helped to develop projects that encourage a diversity of materials and approach.
* We will encourage you to relate your ideas to the wider world of contemporary art practice. The studio is equipped with digital projection and a small library for this purpose.
* We will advise you on the professional presentation of your portfolio in ways that demonstrate your inventiveness and your processes of thought to best effect.
* We will support you in writing an Artist’s Statement that underpins the work in your portfolio
* We can help you prepare for interview so that you can expand on the ideas behind your portfolio with confidence and purpose.
We have placed students on Foundation and Degree courses at a range of colleges, including Goldsmith’s, Chelsea, The University of Kent and Central St Martins.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 165 Childers Street, London, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.