Lu Ross Academy, Ventura:
Conveniently located in downtown Ventura CA (just one hour west of Los Angeles), Lu Ross Academy is recognized as one of the finest beauty schools in Southern California. We provide a range of career training courses in popular beauty topics such as Cosmetology, Aesthetician, Manicuring, Barbering, and Make-Up Artistry.
Accredited, Hands-on Beauty Training Courses:
The length of time it takes to graduate from a program requiring a license varies depending on how many hours you attend each week. The minimum number of hours is 33 per week, but you can attend up to 40 hours per week. The more hours you attend, the faster you graduate. If you were to take the Cosmetology course and attend 40 hours/week, you would graduate in less than 10 months. Generally, courses start every 2 months.
Cosmetology students receive additional make-up classes and skincare classes offered by instructors from our other programs (Aesthetics and Make-up Artist).
Course modules include:
- Hair coloring and Bleaching
- Scalp and Hair Treatments
- Facials: Manual, Electrical, Chemical
- Eyebrow Arching and Hair Removal
- Manicuring and Pedicuring:
- Water & Oil Manicuring. Hand & Arm Mass.
- Permanent Waving
- Chemical Straightening
- Complete Pedicure, Aromatherapy Pedicure Artificial Nails
- Acrylic: Liquid & Powder Brush-on
- Nail Tips
- Nail Wraps and Repairs
- Cosmetology Act Rules & Regulations
- Health & Safety / Disinfection & Sanitation
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Bacteriology
- Facials: Manual, Electrical, Chemical
- Eyebrow Arching & Hair Removal
- Make-up Techniques
Covering the following areas:
- Water & oil manicure
- Acrylics, nail tips, nail wraps
- Pedicures including reflexology
- Pink & whites
- French manicure
- Gel Nail Systems
- Shellac nails
- Spa Manicure
- Spa Pedicure
- Nail Art including 3-d Gels
- Spa Manicures & Pedicures
- French Manicures & Pedicures
- State Board Preparation Classes
- Hair analysis
- Pin curling
- Comb out styling of hair
- Blow drying
- Thermal styling
- Thermal tools
- Waving and curling
- Scalp care
- Hair care
Make-Up Artist Course:
- Introduction to makeup artistry, the role of the makeup artist
- Makeup kit overview, sanitation and hygiene
- Color theory and color correction
- Skin analysis, skin types and skin care
- Brush tips, techniques and brush care
- Lighting, foundations, powders, face and eye shapes, contouring and highlighting
- Eye lining and eye shadow, eye brows, false eyelashes, mascara,
- Exclusive in-store MAC trend events
- Building a portfolio, business strategies, networking tips and beauty and makeup resources.
- Working with photographers and models, freelance photo shoots, fashion shows and events
Holly Hughes Make-Up Artist Instructor Program:
Holly has had the honor of training many aspiring makeup artists. Having been professionally trained to educate by Langevin, the largest international training company, she has the necessary tools to accommodate a vast array of learning styles.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 470 E. Thompson Blvd., Ventura, California 93001, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.