Mill Hill School, London:
Mill Hill Schools are London’s leading co-educational day and boarding schools, set on a magnificent 120-acre parkland site in Mill Hill Village, North West London, just 10 miles from the city centre. The Mill Hill School Foundation offers education to boys and girls aged between 3 and 18 in its three schools. The schools occupy a magnificent 120-acre parkland within easy reach of Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton Airports, motorways, bus, underground and rail links. Our curriculum offers exciting teaching methods set against a traditional background. At Mill Hill students enjoy a wide range of subjects and activities. Mill Hill is well known for the wealth of opportunities on offer in the creative arts. The facilities in the music, art and design and theatre studies departments are excellent. Competitive and recreational sport also has a special place in the life of pupils at Mill Hill. Furthermore, we offer pupil exchanges and trips to France, Germany, Spain and Belgium.
The Foundation aims to provide excellence in education
* by supporting pupils in the passage from childhood towards adulthood
* by developing in every pupil self-discipline, responsibility, spiritual and moral values, leading to the highest possible standards of behaviour, consideration for others and a pride in oneself and one’s achievements
* offering a broad, flexible and forward-looking curriculum which encourages among pupils intellectual curiosity, sound learning and a spirit of enquiry in the pursuit of academic excellence
* upholding the Christian faith whilst encouraging understanding of and respect for those in the School who are of other traditions
* providing opportunities for the development of leadership, independence
* and responsibility
* building upon a friendly school community
* appreciating equally all members of the School community and all worthy achievements by each of those members
* providing the assured quality of a well-qualified, committed staff
* working in close partnership with parents
* offering a wide range of extra-curricular activities through which pupils can develop their social, sporting and cultural abilities promoting an awareness of the world outside the School and a desire to serve the local and wider community so that society may be thereby enriched
2008 was another record breaking year for Mill Hill A Level students. Our 118 Upper Sixth candidates achieved a 100% pass rate with 89% at C grade or above and 70% at A or B grade. Our 3 year average figures are 100% A to C, 86% A to C and 67% A/B grades.
Day Program; Boarding Program; Lower School; Middle School; Upper School; Creative Program; Sports. Mill Hill aims for excellence and encourages pupils to make the fullest use of their talents. We offer a wide range of Subjects including English, Mathematics, Business Studies, Science, Separate Sciences, French as well as creative arts, physical education and activities.
Mill Hill School provides boarding facilities for pupils aged 13 - 18. Students enjoy a setting in a warm and relaxing environment on a magnificent 120-acre parkland site.
A wide range of Awards are offered to pupils entering in the Fourth and Sixth Forms (Years 9 and 12). These Awards broadly fall into two categories – Scholarships and Bursaries. Scholarships, which attract a maximum of 25% fee remission, are available to pupils showing exceptional talent in a variety of areas both in the classroom and on the sports field. In addition to major awards, there are a number of minor Awards or Exhibitions also on offer. The Headmaster, Deputy Headmaster (External) or the Assistant Registrar are happy to advise parents and feeder schools about any of these awards.
There are many opportunities to participate in out of school activities at Mill Hill. For many years the School has had close links with partner schools in Europe, and every year around 50% of the pupil body take part in pupil exchanges and trips to France, Germany, Spain and Belgium.
A unique feature of Mill Hill is its innovative Partnership Programme. Through this initiative Sixth Form pupils have the opportunity to work in a variety of educational projects with partners in Ethiopia, India and Nicaragua. Those that take part in the Partnership Programme often talk about it being a life-changing experience.
Subject specific trips and tours are also important features of School life with history, geography, classics and biology field trips forming an integral part of pupils’ study. The English and theatre studies departments are of course ideally placed to take advantage of London, one of the world’s great theatre centres. The success of our drama students in the Edinburgh Festival is described elsewhere on this site.
Sports men and women at Mill Hill also have the opportunity to display and develop their skills in countries across the world. South Africa, the West Indies, Canada, Italy, New Zealand and South America have all hosted touring teams in recent years.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Mill Hill Village, The Ridgeway, London, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.