Netherlands Visa Requirement, Holland Visas, Amsterdam Visa Requirements, Dutch NUFFIC (NESO) Certificate, Netherlands Immigration, Holland Residency, Dutch Law Regulations, Residence Permit & Work Permit Application, Study in Holland...
Search for Schools:

Netherlands Visa & Immigration Procedures for Group E Countries - 28 August 2008

Guide to Immigration Procedures for citizens of:

All countries not belonging to groups A - D. Click here for a list
If you have one of these nationalities, the following procedures apply.

Entry visa
- For a stay of up to three months: You need a short-stay visa (VKV) to enter the Netherlands. You have to apply for this in person at the Dutch embassy or consulate in your home country (or the country in which you legally reside).

- For a stay of more than three months: You need a provisional residence permit (machtiging tot voorlopig verblijf, MVV). Your host institution may seek advice from the IND concerning your application for an MVV. If the advice of the Dutch Immigration Service (IND) is favourable, you then have to apply for the actual MVV yourself at the Dutch embassy or consulate in your home country, or the country in which you legally reside. The embassy or consulate will then issue you with the MVV in the form of a sticker placed in your passport. It is extremely important that you have this visa before travelling to the Netherlands! Until 1 August 2008, you can also apply for an MVV without the help of your host institution. However, this procedure takes longer and is more expensive.

Formalities on arrival
- For a stay of up to three months: You are required to report to the local immigration authorities (Aliens Police) within three days of your arrival. Read here how to report to the Aliens Police.

- Staying longer than 4 months: You are also required to register with the municipality

- For a stay of more than three months: You must apply for a residence permit.

Work permit (Tewerkstellingsvergunning: TWV)
You do need a work permit before you may work in the Netherlands.

If you have a residence permit for study purposes you may earn money on the side. Such work must be either seasonal (in June, July and/or August) or comprise no more than ten hours a week. Also in this case, your employer must apply for a work permit for you.

Registering with the university
You need to register at your host institution (university or university of applied sciences) when you arrive, not only for getting your class schedules, but also to comply with immigration procedures. The host institution will want to see proof that you have reported to the Aliens Police/the municipality and, if applicable, applied for a residence permit.

Health insurance
You must be insured against the cost of medical treatment. This is a requirement under Dutch law.


Visit the following pages for detailed information on NUFFIC (NESO)
How to register for a NUFFIC (NESO) Certificate?
How to submit documents for a NUFFIC (NESO) Certificate?
When to apply for a Nuffic (Neso) Certificate?
Fees payable for a NUFFIC (NESO) Certificate
Nuffic (Neso) Certificate
Apply for Nuffic (Neso)/ Nuffic (Neso) Application
Netherlands Visa regulations
Visa application group A
Visa application group B
Visa application group C
Visa application group D
Visa application group E
Health Insurance
Document Verification
Registration with Municipality
Registration with Aliens Police
Registration with University
Residence permit
Short Stay permit
Temporary stay visa
Work Permit

Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The use of this website is at the viewer/user's sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.

Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
- Netherlands organization for international cooperation in higher education -

The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user's own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.

Sponsored Links
Traveler's Guide
Sponsored Links