Netherlands Visa Requirement, Holland Visas, Amsterdam Visa Requirements, Dutch NESO Certificate, Work Permit Application, Study in Holland...
Search for Schools:

Netherlands Visa Requirements - Country Group A - 28 February 2008

Guide to Immigration Procedures for Students from:

Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.

(EU/EEA & Swiss-students except for Bulgarians and Romanians)
Entry visa
You do not need a visa to enter the Netherlands, neither for a short, nor for a long stay. All you need is a valid passport. You may travel through all EU countries freely.

Formalities on arrival
As EU/EEA or Swiss citizen, not many obligations apply to you.

- If you are staying for just a short period (up to four months), you don’t need to register at the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) or the municipality (Gemeentelijke Basisadministratie, GBA). The only thing you need is a valid passport or valid national identity card.

- If you are staying for more than four months, registration as an inhabitant of the municipality where you are staying is required. In that case, you may also register with the immigration authorities. Though this is not compulsory, it is nevertheless advisable. It will make a number of things easier, such as getting a telephone subscription or rental contract.

Work permit (Tewerkstellingsvergunning: TWV)
You do not need a work permit. You are allowed to earn money alongside your studies or traineeship activities without a work permit. You can work as many hours as you want; there is no restriction.

Registering with the university
You need to register at your host institution (university or university of applied sciences) when you arrive, not only for getting your class schedules, but also to comply with immigration procedures. The host institution will want to see proof that you have registered at the municipality when you are staying for more than four months.

Health insurance
You must be insured against the cost of medical treatment. This is a requirement under Dutch law.


Visit the following pages for detailed information on NUFFIC (NESO)
How to register for a NUFFIC (NESO) Certificate?

How to submit documents for a NUFFIC (NESO) Certificate?

When to apply for a Nuffic (Neso) Certificate?

Fees payable for a NUFFIC (NESO) Certificate


Nuffic (Neso) Certificate;
Apply for Nuffic (Neso)/ Nuffic (Neso) Application;
Netherlands Visa regulations
Visa application group A;
Visa application group B;
Visa application group C;
Visa application group D;
Visa application group E;
Health Insurance
Document Verification;;
Registration with Municipality;
Registration with Aliens Police;
Registration with University
Residence permit;
Short; Stay permit
Temporary stay visa;
Work Permit


Latest Dutch schools & colleges to join Learn4good:Location
The BSN Language Centre, The HagueThe Hague, Netherlands
Direct Dutch, The HagueThe Hague, Netherlands
The BSN Language Centre, The HagueThe Hague, Netherlands
Kickstart School, The HagueThe Hague, Netherlands
BSN Language Centre, The HagueThe Hague, Netherlands
Tulp EducatieRotterdam, Netherlands
Albert Einstein International School, AmstelveenAmsterdam, Netherlands
SLEM - International Footwear Education CentreWaalwijk, Netherlands
Online English Level TestThe Hague, Netherlands
International College Of CommerceAmsterdam, Netherlands
C&C Language Support, AmsterdamAmsterdam, Netherlands
British Language Training CentreAmsterdam, Netherlands

Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The use of this website is at the viewer/user's sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.

Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
- Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs - URL:
- Netherlands organization for international cooperation in higher education

The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user's own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.

Sponsored Links
Traveler's Guide
Sponsored Links