Beauty therapy schools in Australia: Beauty courses in Sydney NSW, make-up artist training, accredited beauty therapy diploma, body massage therapist certification program, aromatherapy, spa treatments, skincare certificate course, distance education beauty therapy, apprenticeships in North Sydney area
Ella Baché College of Skin and Beauty Therapy, Sydney: Ella Baché College of Skin and Beauty Therapy is a beauty therapist training school located in North Sydney, NSW. We offer full-time and part-time diploma and certificate courses in Beauty Therapy and Beauty Services at our Sydney campus. Each course incorporates hands-on, practical training through our student salon. Our courses are also available to students all over Australia via distance learning. Subjects covered include make-up artist training, body massage, aromatherapy, facials, spa treatments and much more. We welcome international students.
We offer the following beauty therapy training and certification courses:
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy – Full-time (12 months) or part-time (18 months) - Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy – Full-time (12 months) or part-time (18 months) - Certificate III in Beauty Services – 16 weeks part-time program
All of our beauty therapy courses are also offered via Distance Education.
Diploma of Beauty Therapy: We offer the Diploma of Beauty Therapy as both Full-Time & Part-Time courses starting in February and July each year. The Diploma of Beauty Therapy is the highest accredited qualification in the industry and will provide you with the skills, knowledge and experience to be a great Beauty Therapist and a future leader in our industry.
Diploma Core Units
- Develop a treatment plan for Beauty Therapy treatments - Apply knowledge of electricity to Beauty Therapy treatments - Apply knowledge of nutrition to Beauty Therapy treatments - Apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology to Beauty Therapy treatments - Apply knowledge of skin science to Beauty Therapy treatments - Provide temporary epilation and bleaching treatments - Provide advanced facial treatments - Work effectively in a retail environment - Communicate in the workplace - Advise on beauty services - Apply knowledge of skin biology to beauty treatments - Provide body treatments - Provide manicure and pedicure services - Apply knowledge of nail science to nail services - Investigate new products and services - Apply knowledge of cosmetic chemistry to Beauty Therapy treatments - Provide service to clients - Conduct financial transactions - Provide facial treatments - Apply safe working practices - Sell products and services - Provide lash and brow treatments - Design and apply makeup
Specialist Electives Diploma (choose 8 units):
- Provide permanent Epilation (counts as 3 units of study) - Provide superficial lymph drainage massage - Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments - Provide aesthetic aromatic massage - Plan the massage treatment - Plan the spa programme - Provide the massage treatment - Blend a range of aromatic oils for beauty treatments
Electives Diploma (choose 2 units):
- Design and apply remedial camoflage - Manage a small team - Design and apply makeup for photography - Promote the business - Merchandise products - Undertake business planning Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy: We offer the Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy as both full-time & part-time courses starting in February and July each year. As a Certificate IV qualified Beauty Therapist you will have a broad range of career options in the industry from working in Beauty Salons, Day Spas, Health Retreats, Hotels & Resorts, on International cruise liners, in Sales, Marketing & Training roles, and many graduates go on to manage and own their own salons! These are just a few of the many career opportunities open to you.
Certificate Core Units:
- Conduct financial transactions - Provide service to clients - Apply knowledge of nail science to nail services - Work effectively in a retail environment - Apply knowledge of electricity to Beauty Therapy treatments - Provide manicure and pedicure services - Apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology to Beauty Therapy treatments - Apply knowledge of nutrition to Beauty Therapy treatments - Apply knowledge of skin science to Beauty Therapy treatments - Apply knowledge of skin biology to beauty treatments - Advise on beauty services - Develop a treatment plan for Beauty Therapy treatments - Communicate in the workplace - Provide lash and brow treatments - Provide advanced facial treatments - Apply safe working practices - Provide facial treatments - Design and apply makeup - Provide temporary epilation and bleaching treatments - Apply knowledge of cosmetic chemistry to Beauty Therapy treatments - Sell products and services
- Blend a range of aromatic oils for beauty treatments
Electives Certificate (choose 3 units):
- Operate retail equipment - Merchandise products - Design and apply makeup for photography - Design and apply remedial camoflage
Certificate III in Beauty Services: We offer the Certificate III in Beauty Services as a part-time course starting in February and July each year.
As a Certificate III qualified Beauty Therapist you can gain employment within a beauty salon performing the various practical skills you have developed as well as allowing you to perform general reception area duties, retailing skincare and makeup products, merchandising, meeting and greeting clients and managing client bookings. This qualification will also enable you to work within a department store or pharmacy as a cosmetic consultant or assistant.
Kingston International College is one of Australia’s leading Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers. We leverage the information gained through our many industry partnerships to tailor our courses to meet current and emerging industry needs/trends – thus ensuring that all our students are job ready on graduation. Furthermore, our focus on teaching excellence has granted us an excellent reputation amongst employers.
VET provides students with the practical skills required for highly specific industries/roles. Typically courses are only 6 months to a year in length – but highly focussed in nature. This differs from the higher education sector which instead has a more theoretical or abstract approach to education. Higher education courses are generally 3-4 years long.
VET focuses on providing students with the skills required to:
• Join the workforce for the first time.
• Re-join the workforce after a break.
• Advance careers.
• Move into a different career/sector.
• Upskill for self-employment/entrepreneurship.
• Certificate IV + Diploma of Marketing Communication
• Certificate IV in International Trade
• Diploma of International Business
• Diploma + Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
• Diploma + Advanced Diploma of Business
• Certificate III + Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
• Diploma of Hospitality Management
• Certificate III + Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
• Certificate IV + Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology
Edith Cowan College (ECC) is the on-campus pathway provider to Edith Cowan University. Situated on the ECU Mt Lawley and Joondalup campuses in Western Australia. ECC offers diploma pathway programs in Commerce, Computing / IT, Communications and Creative Industries, Hotel Management Heath Studies and Engineering Studies. Deciding on your preferred course of study and type of institution is an exciting challenge.
ECC is the founding college of Navitas, a public company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and the largest group of Higher Education colleges in Australia, with colleges in most state capitals plus sister colleges in London, Africa and Canada. Since 1994 ECC and Edith Cowan University have worked together to provide the leading pathway programs in Australia.
With approximately 900 students and over 8000 graduates ECC is a popular choice for both Australian and International students, providing an alternative entry to university studies and a pathway into the second year of a Bachelor degree at Edith Cowan University.
• Diploma of Commerce
• Diploma of Science (Computing / IT)
• Diploma of Communications and Creative Industries
• Diploma of Hotel Management
• Diploma of Science (Health Studies)
• Diploma of Science (Engineering Studies)
• Post-Graduate Qualifying Program (PQP) in Business
• Post-Graduate Qualifying Program (PQP) in IT
William Blue College of Hospitality Management, Sydney
Courses / Programs
William Blue College of Hospitality Management in North Sydney, NSW, Australia provides a professional, vibrant and fun environment where you can learn about all aspects of management for the hospitality industry. Industry demand led to the development of the William Blue International Hotel Management School in 1990 and today, the William Blue College of Hospitality Management offers programs in both the vocational and higher education sectors. You can study on-campus or online.
We enjoy an excellent reputation within the hospitality and tourism industry for delivering quality courses and producing exceptional graduates who are work ready. William Blue has considerable experience in Higher Education. In 2004, we established a partnership to deliver the final year of the La Trobe Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality) awarded by La Trobe University. We also offer our own Bachelor of Business Degree courses with specialisations in Hospitality Management, Tourism Management and Event Management.
- Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) Degree Course
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism Management) Degree Course
- Bachelor of Business (Event Management) Degree Course
- Bachelor of Business Degree Course
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality) Degree Course
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (Hotel Management Pathway)
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (Commercial Cookery Pathway)
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (Event Management Pathway)
TAFE NSW – Sydney Institute is Australia's largest and oldest school of vocational education and training. Named the 2003 NSW Large Training Provider of the Year, the Institute is owned and operated by the NSW Government. Certified as an ISO 9000:2001 quality training provider, TAFE NSW – Sydney Institute has trained more than two million people in its long history of teaching excellence. Today, students from over 70 countries come to the Institute to take English language training or study accounting, information technology, hospitality and a host of other courses. We also offer a range of flexible training options, from traditional classroom instruction to on-line learning. International students enjoy small and friendly classes. Professional and dedicated teachers work closely with each student to ensure they understand their course work and are able to apply their studies in practical ways. Our teaching excellence is complemented by our modern facilities and hi-tech equipment.
Graduate Certificates (half year), Advanced Diploma (2 to 3 years), Diploma (1 to 2 years) in over 100 vocational courses including Business, Management, Hospitality, Nursing, Engineering, Fine Arts. Also traineeship courses, TAFE PLUS short courses, English language courses, school leavers courses, 3D animation courses.
Australian Institute of Commerce and Language, Sydney
Courses / Programs
Australian Institute of Commerce and Language (AICL) based in Sydney, New South Wales, is a provider of quality international education with a unique approach of learning led by a highly qualified and experienced team of professionals. We offer a range of accredited Commerce and Information Technology courses as well as Service and Hospitality courses like Electronics and Communications and Commercial Cookery, which are sequentially delivered with TAFE NSW Sydney Institute.
The Australian Institute of Commerce and Language is a Registered Training Organization and our courses are accredited and recognized by all relevant government bodies and educational institutions. AICL have won both national and state awards for excellence in delivery and our contribution to industry and the skills shortages in Australia. As we have students from over 50 countries from around the globe, our students are exposed to a vast range of cultures that enrich their life and open up a new network of international contacts that will further their future careers.
Based in Perth, Western Australia, Paramount Training & Development provides business and individual training Australia-wide for airline companies, retail stores, office managers, public relations, media, hospitality, building material suppliers, motor vehicle dealers, telecommunication leaders, mining organisations, transportation, government departments plus many more. Paramount Training and Development provide a wealth of knowledge for increasing potential within people. Our trainers are members of the Customer Service Institute of Australia (CSIA) and The International Customer Service Association (ICSA).
We believe that fun is an important part of the learning process and strive to provide a high performance learning environment in which individuals retain information easier. We cater for all ages with new and interesting methods to impress those with different attention spans. By using Visual, Auditory and Kinaesthetic training materials we can keep everyone awake and ready for action. We customise our courses to suit your industry and company to help your employees learn and use more.
Our courses include:
- Managerial/Admin/HR/Supervisory Skills
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Sales Training
- Marketing and Sales
- Call Centre/Telemarketing training
- Front Office Training
- Computer Training
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Ethics, Etiquette and Diversity
- Conflict Resolution
- Body Language
- Workplace Safety