Northern California Nursing Academy, Daly City:
Northern California Nursing Academy (NCNA) is a health-care career training institution located in Daly City in San Mateo County, California (approximately 8 miles south-west of San Francisco in the Bay Area). We offer a wide range of programs including nursing programs, allied health programs, technicians and specialist programs, as well as CPR and First Aid Certification. Northern California Nursing Academy is formed by experienced educators, who are at the same time, practicing professionals in the healthcare industry. We are an organization that recognizes our vital role in the healthcare system of our nation. We provide the preparation for individuals in becoming well equipped and competent to take on responsibilities related to the Health Care Industry.
Health-Care Career Training Programs:
Classes are held on weekdays, weeknights and weekends.
- Nursing Assistant program: The Nursing Assistant Program prepares students to provide quality care to residents in nursing care facilities. Course instructions are held both in a classroom setting and in clinical facilities. The course requires completion of 150 hours with 16 modules that are focused on various aspects of residents' care, such as Patient Care Skills, Body Mechanics, Medica / Surgical Asepsis and Nutrition.
The program is based on the California Department of Public Health Services (CDPH) guidelines. The theory and clinical hours listed are the minimum hours of study required to meet CDPH's approval. However, we have incorporated additional time to adequately cover the material. Upon completion, students receive a Certificate and will be able to take the Certification Exam conducted by the American Red Cross. After passing the exam, students will be Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Home Health Aide program: The 40-hour Home Health Aide Program prepares students to perform the duties and functions in a home care setting. Courses covered are body mechanics, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, infection control, communication skills, and resident rights. Personal care skills, such as how to help patients bathe, eat, and groom themselves, are also taught.
This program is designed to be added or combined with the Nursing Assistant Program or a stand-alone course for students who have obtained or in the process of obtaining the Nurse Assistant Certificate. Upon completion, students will receive a Certificate and will be called a Certified Home Health Aide.
- Acute Care Nursing program: This is an 80-hour program that prepares Certified Nursing Assistants to function at a competent level in the acute care setting. Courses covered include safe and secure environment care of the surgical patient, gastrointestinal and nutritional care, genitourinary, reproductive, endocrine, cardiovascular, respiratory, orthopedic, neurological care, and death and dying. Upon completion, students will receive a Certificate and will be called Certified Acute Care Nurse Assistant.
- National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) review / preparation program: This Review Class is more than 100 hours that prepares students for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX). This is offered to students who completed Nursing Programs from various institutions. Northern California Nursing Academy boasts the most intensive NCLEX Review Program in the Bay Area. There are 3 phases in the review class, which consists of:
* Phase 1 – Refresher
* Phase 2 – Practice Test
* Phase 3 – Computer Simulation.
Upon completion, students will be prepared to sit on the NCLEX Examination.
Allied Health Programs:
- Medical Assistant program: The Medical Assisting program introduces students to the overall operation of the physician's office. Students are trained to assist the physician in the examination room, to perform routine laboratory procedures, and to handle financial records, correspondence, insurance forms, and other administrative functions.
We recommend a minimum of 200 hours to prepare a versatile Medical Assistant. This time includes courses in medical office management, medical terminology, pharmacology, anatomy and physiology and medical procedures. Additional hours will be needed for the externship experience, which provides students with the necessary skills for practice. Upon completion, students will receive a Certificate and may opt to take the National Certification Exam.
- Medical Office Assistant program: The Medical Office Assistant program is designed to prepare students for front office careers in the medical office. The program primarily provides office administrative skills such as computer literacy, office procedures, medical terminology, medical abbreviations, medical law and ethics, pharmacology, insurance and exposure control. Upon completion, students will receive a Certificate and may opt to take the National Certification Exam.
Technicians & Specialist Programs:
- Hemodialysis / Patient Care Technician program: This is a 280-hour program that provides the theory and clinical knowledge that will allow students to provide hemodialysis to patients. The program teaches students how to work with patients and how to use hemodialysis equipment properly. The program focuses on helping students learn to take vital signs, obtain vascular access, take blood samples and work comfortably with patients and their families.
The program is based on the California Department of Public Health Services (CDPH) guidelines. The theory and clinical hours of 280 are the minimum hours of study required to meet CDPH's approval. Upon completion, students receive a Certificate and will sit on the certifying examination conducted by the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC). Once students pass, they will be a Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician.
- ECG / EKG Technicians program: This is a comprehensive 60- hour program that prepares students to function as ECG/ EKG Technicians and to take the national certification exam. This course will include important practice and background information on anatomy of the heart and physiology, medical disease processes, medical terminology, medical ethics, legal aspects of patient contact, laboratory assisting, electrocardiography and echocardiography.
Additionally, students will practice with equipment and perform hands on labs including introduction to the function and proper use of the EKG machine, the normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement, and basic ECG interpretation. Upon completion, students receive a Certificate and may opt to take the National Certification Exam.
- Insurance and Coding Specialist program: This is a combined 100-hour program that offers the skills needed to solve insurance billing problems, how to manually file claims, complete common insurance forms, trace delinquent claims, and streamline billing procedures. The course covers the following areas: coding, insurance and medical terminology, claims processes, CPT coding and ICD-9-CM and HCPCS Level II Coding. Upon completion, students will receive a Certificate and may opt to take the National Certification Exam.
- Further Education: CPR and First Aid Certification to individuals and groups. Certifications we issue are from the American Heart Association and American Red Cross.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 355 Gellert Blvd Ste 279 Daly City, 94015, San Francisco, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.