New York Film Academy: The New York Film Academy is a dynamic institution offering intensive, hands-on training in filmmaking, acting for film, digital journalism in affiliation with NBC News, documentary filmmaking, producing, screenwriting, and 3-D animation. The Academy was founded in 1992 at Robert DeNiro‘s Tribeca Film Center on a belief that a top quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. Since that time we have grown into our own facilities in Manhattan‘s Union Square and Soho. We also opened Film Academies at Universal Studios in Los Angeles and London, UK, England.
Our courses balance the study of the craft with practical experience to train students to be the best filmmakers they can be. This is achieved by a rigorous schedule of classroom instruction, hands-on workshops, and immediate experience. INTENSIVE FILMMAKING PROGRAMS • One-Year Film School • One-Year Documentary Film School • One-Year Cinema Studies • One-Year Photography • One-Year Cinematography • Two-Year Conservatory Film School • Master of Fine Arts in Filmmaking (MFA) • Master of Fine Arts in Documentary • Master of Fine Arts in Photography
HANDS-ON INTENSIVE WORKSHOPS • 8 Week Film School • 6 Week Film School • 4 Week Film School • 12 Week Evening Film School • Special Holiday Filmmaking
EVENING FILMMAKING PROGRAMS • One-Year Evening Filmmaking • One-Year Adv. Evening Filmmaking INTENSIVE ACTING PROGRAMS • One-Year Acting for Film • One-Year Musical Theatre • Two-Year Conservatory Acting • Two-Year Musical Theatre • Master of Fine Arts in Acting
HANDS-ON INTENSIVE WORKSHOPS • 8 Week Acting for Film Workshop • 4 Week Acting for Film Workshop • 1 Week Acting for Film Workshop • 12 Week Evening Acting Workshop • Special Holiday Acting Workshop
LIM College in midtown Manhattan, New York, is a college devoted to the business of fashion - offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Fashion Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Marketing & Management, and more. As the nation’s only college devoted to the business of fashion, LIM College offers a unique combination of strong academics and extensive hands-on experience to prepare you for a successful future.
Whichever program you choose, you’ll be immersed in the real-world business of fashion starting on day one. Internships, guest speakers and field trips in the heart of Manhattan are all integral parts of your LIM College education. In the process, you’ll make industry connections that lay the groundwork for a successful career.
At LIM College, you’ll prepare to thrive in the business of fashion. Whether you’re an undergraduate or an MBA student, you’ll learn to think critically, see the big picture and solve problems across disciplines.
The Barrow Group Acting School is located in Manhattan, New York City. We offer training in Scene Study, Script Analysis, Playwriting, Directing, Film and Television Acting Technique, and other Specialty Classes for professional and emerging artists. Work / study and apprentice programs are available for students of merit.
At the heart of The Barrow Group School is the desire to promote clear and concise tools of the trade. These tools have been outlined and published in "An Actor’s Companion - 99 Bits of Craft" by Seth Barrish (TBG’s founder and co-artistic director).
- Scene Study
- Script Analysis
- Directing Class
- Solo Show Class
- 1 & 2 Year Acting Programs
- Musical Theatre Class
- Clown Class
- Alexander Technique Class
- Stage Combat Class
- Monologue Class
London Art Portfolio - Courses in UK & ONLINE Worldwide
Courses / Programs
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London & ONLINE in all areas of fine art and design to students from New York, the U.S. & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• Small class sizes with personal, tailored service year-round.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Christie’s is the only major auction house in the world that directly runs educational programmes at Master’s, Graduate Diploma, and Undergraduate Degree levels. At Christie's Education, at the center of midtown Manhattan in New York, the history of modern and contemporary art is explored through first-hand study of works in many media as well as through the history of the art market, patronage and art institutions.
Christie´s Education is validated by the New York State Board of Regents to offer a Master’s programme in History of Art and the Art Market: Modern And Contemporary Art. Works of art are studied in terms of their unique properties as objects but also in historical, social, economic, and visual contexts.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Founded in 2004 by two artists, the Transart Institute in Manhattan, NYC is an art school that provides a contemporary learning experience without grades or pre-formatted curricula. We offer an international low-residency Master of Fine Arts (MFA) and a practice-based PhD program for working artists in a highly individualized format.
Our students are generally working professionals with wider world experience than students from a serial undergraduate/graduate course of study. The low-residency approach, with intensive residencies, gives our students the opportunity for deeper academic experiences than within a traditional full residency context.
The innovative MFA program consists of three intensive summer residencies with lectures, workshops, critiques, seminars, performances and exhibitions in Europe and two fall residencies in New York. In the four semesters between residencies, students create their own course of study realizing individual art and research projects with the support of faculty and self-chosen artist mentors wherever they work and live.
The MPhil/PhD is a three to four year full time degree program with an average work commitment of 30 hours per week. The Degree is only offered for practice-based research (creative work) accompanied by a written thesis that contextualizes the work.