Study abroad in Auckland: New Zealand college for international students. Accredited certificate & diploma courses in graphic design, multimedia, business & early childhood education. Study abroad programs in New Zealand for Americans/ international students, undergraduate education.
Raffles College of Design & Commerce, Auckland: Earn an internationally-recognised qualification while experiencing life in New Zealand! At Raffles College of Design and Commerce in Auckland, we provide high-quality certificate and diploma courses in the fields of design, business and early childhood education. We welcome students from NZ and international students from around the world. All of our programmes are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). Our college is part of the Raffles Education Corporation, which is a premier creative design and business education provider in Asia Pacific.
We offer certificate & diploma courses in the following subjects:
- Design: Graphic Design; Multimedia Design
- Business: Business
- Science and Technology: Early Childhood Education
Natcoll Design Technology provides creative digital technology courses and related resources and is at the forefront of digital design education and training in New Zealand. Established in 1997, we have campuses in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch which offer intensive NZQA-approved vocationally-based certificate and diploma courses. Whether your passion lies in animation or graphic design, web design or digital production, interactive media or video post production, we will teach you the essential skills you need to succeed in the creative digital design industries.
Our courses can lead to entry straight into the workforce, or provide opportunities for further study. Natcoll currently has a number of formal degree pathways in place with a number of institutions in Australia & NZ which provide Natcoll graduates with the opportunity to cross credit into degree programmes.
• Animation and Digital Video - Level 5
• Computer Graphic Design - Level 6
• Interactive Design - Level 6
• Web Development - Level 6
• Animation (Advanced) - Level 6
• Video Post Production (Advanced)-Level 6
• Digital Media (Advanced) - Level 7
• Advanced 3D Graphics – Level 7
Foundation certificate course:
• iCreate Foundation course in Digital Design – Level 3
Massey University College of Creative Arts, Wellington
Courses / Programs
The College of Creative Arts at Massey University is a world-class art and design school based in Wellington, New Zealand.
The College is:
*ranked 11th by RED DOT, the international design awards agency, which gives Massey a distinctive seal of quality for its design programmes
*the first art and design school outside North America to be awarded “substantial equivalency” by the US accreditation body NASAD – the most comprehensive international benchmark for art and design education in the world
*number one in New Zealand for design and visual art research, according to the 2013 New Zealand government Performance Based Research Funding round.
The College provides a thriving, well-resourced and inspiring learning environment that fosters research, scholarship and creative practice. From selected entry to completion of their degree, students are equipped with a knowledge base and skill set that enables them to flourish in the creative industries, win awards, represent New Zealand and hold key positions that define creative thinking in businesses around the world.
Wellington is a thriving city of art, theatre, music, cinema production, multi-media and manufacturing industries.
The College delivers undergrad & postgrad programmes:
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Design (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Design
- Graduate Diploma in Fine Arts
- Diploma in Photography
- Certificate in Visual Arts and Diploma in Visual Arts
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (visual & material culture)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Design
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Design
- Master of Art/Master of Philosophy in visual & material culture
- Doctor of Philosophy
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Singapore & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Design & Arts College of New Zealand, Christchurch
Courses / Programs
The Design and Arts College of New Zealand (D&A) in Christchurch, New Zealand is the South Island’s only tertiary institute dedicated to design and arts education. We offer certificate and diploma courses in fields including Art; Interior Design; Photography; Fashion Design; Makeup Design among others. We also offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design.
The aim of D&A is to bring students from all over the world together with industry professionals to create a community of people passionate about design and arts. We are New Zealand government funded (TEC) and registered (NZQA).
D&A courses are designed and taught by industry professionals, to ensure student success in the creative industries. As student time is valuable, all D&A courses have an accelerated pathway to work or higher education that ensures what you learn is relevant and moves you into industry in a fast and efficient way. Thousands of D&A graduates are now working as professionals in their field in New Zealand and around the world.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design)
- Diploma of Art (Advanced)
- Diploma of Contemporary Photography
- Diploma of Communication Arts and Design
- Diploma of Architectural Design and Technology
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Diploma of Fashion Design (Advanced)
- Certificate in Makeup Design and Production
- Certificate in Design and Arts (Foundation)
Palmerston North School of Design is a private design school located in central Palmerston North, the main city of the Manawatu-Wanganui region of the North Island of New Zealand. We provide courses for students who have creative talent and ability but lack the necessary skills and qualifications to go onto tertiary design training or gain employment in the design industry.
We have three courses for school leavers and mature students wanting to enter higher university study or employment. The courses are designed for students who have not gained the university entrance criteria at high school or who would like to focus on design full time.
After completion of the courses, students have expertise in drawing, the design process, graphic / fashion design and computer graphics. The courses combine nationally recognised qualifications with a professional portfolio for entry to the best degree and diploma design courses in New Zealand and around the world.
The courses do not simply prepare students for entry to higher level training or employment, but give them the opportunity to excel. Palmerston North School of Design has the highest quality rating from NZQA.
Media Design School is New Zealand’s most-awarded tertiary institute for digital and creative technology qualifications.
Specialising in the teaching of industry-standard skills and knowledge, Media Design School provides a vibrant and energetic creative culture for students from around the globe.
Our media design programmes have been developed by industry professionals and educators, cater for a range of experience levels, and are both highly relevant and production-oriented.
Media Design School’s graduates go on to work in the world’s leading design, game development, film and animation studios and have contributed to blockbuster films including Avatar, King Kong and films from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Bachelor of Art and Design (3D & VFX)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming)
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Media Design
- Diploma of Digital Creativity (Foundation)
- Diploma of Creative Advertising
- Graduate Certificate of Creative Technologies
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Technologies