Hunter Business School:
Hunter Business School has campuses in Medford, Suffolk County and Levittown, Nassau County. We offer a wide variety of courses to earn your diploma in computer training, medical courses, and business related courses. Over the years, we have placed many students in higher paying positions thanks to Hunter’s programs. The Medford campus is located on Route 112, about two miles north off exit 64 of the Long Island Expressway, NY. Our Levittown campus is easily accessible from the Wantagh Parkway and Route 135.
Programs / Courses:
- Computer Repair With Networking Diploma Program (900 hours): The Computer Repair Technology program is a 30-week day program and a 54-week evening program of instruction. This training is designed to prepare students for entry level positions in the field of electronics, computers and networking. The program covers electrical and electronic theory and its practical applications, installation, maintenance and repair of computer systems, and planning, installing and maintaining local area network systems. Students spend 50% of their time in a lab environment, which emphasizes the material covered in lecture and homework.
- Computerized Accounting Diploma Program (750 hours): Accounting is a rapidly growing career field. Every business and profession requires the services of a trained bookkeeper. Working in accounting, you will be a vital part of a business operation. In addition to automated accounting, this program includes training in the latest word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation graphics software. Students completing this program are well equipped to meet the challenges of the modern office.
- Computerized Career Skills Diploma Program (600 hours): Train for the rapidly growing technology of the 21st Century. Computers have revolutionized communications in business, creating new career opportunities for today and tomorrow. In addition to automated accounting, this program includes training in the latest word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation graphics software. Students completing this program are well equipped to meet the challenges of the modern office.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Diploma Program (20 months): The Program is comprised of extensive coursework in the areas of Abdominal Sonography, OB/Gyn Sonography, Small Parts Sonography (e.g. – thyroid, breast, etc), Neonatal Neurosonography and Cardiac Sonography (Echocardiography). A substantial portion of the Program is devoted to placements at various Clinical Affiliates including hospitals and radiology practices. The diversity of clinical settings will give students the opportunity to develop their scanning skills and to help them fully integrate didactic knowledge with direct “hands-on” clinical experience.
Our graduates will be immediately eligible to apply to sit for the registry exams given by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) upon successful completion of this Program.
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program (900 hours): Hunter’s medical Assistant program prepares students to perform both administrative and clinical tasks under the direction of a physician. As a critical link between the patient and the doctor, medical assistant serve in many capacities: receptionist, secretary, insurance coder, patient educator and clinical assistant. The latter requiring the medical assistant to perform venipuncture, prepare patients for examinations, assist with examinations and special procedures, and perform EKG and various laboratory tests. Students will spend 120 hours externing an actual work environment in order to gain valuable “on-the-job” training.
- Medical Billing Specialist Diploma Program (150 hours): The Medical Biller program prepares students to have the opportunity to obtain entry-level employment as a medical biller and coder, as well as related positions with hospitals, medical insurance companies and physician’s offices specializing in medical billing and coding issues.
This course utilizes The Medical Manager the number one software product in the United States for managing medical practices. Features covered are: accounts receivable, insurance billing statements, invoices, encounter forms, super bills, appointment scheduling, recalls, clinical history, diagnosis history, hospital round record-keeping, and referring doctor information.
- Medical Office Administration Diploma Program (600 hours): The Medical Office Administration program is a 24-week day program and a 43-week evening program of instruction. This program prepares students for a variety of medical related careers. Students will have the opportunity to obtain entry-level employment as a medical biller and coder, medical transcriptionist, medical receptionist, as well as related positions with medical insurance companies and legal offices specializing in medical related issues.
- PC Skills Specialist Diploma Program (450 hours): This comprehensive program is designed for students with basic keyboarding knowledge who wish to develop computer skills in a short period of time.
This Hunter program includes training in the latest word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation graphics software. Students completing this program are well equipped to meet the challenges of today’s automated office.
Additionally: We provide free refresher courses and tutoring for students.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 3247 Route 112, Bldg # 3 Medford, 11763, Long Island, New York , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.