Online career training colleges in Canada: Online diploma courses in Ontario, certificate programs online in business, management & accounting. Distance learning Microsoft Office classes, home study for students in Toronto, Ottawa, Mississauga, Vancouver BC, Calgary, Edmonton AB..
Online Certificate Courses: - Applied Criminal Investigative Techniques - Office Technology Administration - Microsoft Office - Leadership Development Series - Geographic Information Systems - Client and Customer Services - Hospital Nursing Unit Clerk - Business Fundamentals - Entrepreneurship - Event Planning - Home Inspection - Legal Office Assistant - Management Studies - Marketing Management - Bookkeeping - Operations Management - Technical Support Analyst
Online Graduate Certificate Courses: - Human Resources Management - Early Childhood Resource Consulting
Online Diploma Courses: - Business – Entrepreneurship and Small Business - Business – Human Resources Management - Business – Accounting - Business – Operations - Business – Marketing - Educational Assistant - Early Childhood Education - Library and Information Technician
• With The Candle Academy, a leading candle making training provider, you can now learn to make beautiful candles from the comfort of your own home or studio in Canada or around the world.
• Taught by Gary Simmons from the UK - one of the top candle designers in the world - our distance learning candle making courses will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby.
• Offered through a combination of HD video demonstration, PDF files, email correspondence, and consultation with your instructor via Skype, our courses are for complete Beginners to Advanced level artists and design professionals.
• Gary Simmons also teaches on-site candle making courses at his school in Koh Samui, Thailand.
• Our unique and intensive distance learning candle making courses follow the same techniques and training methods as our face-to-face programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in person.
• Our comprehensive courses aim to equip you with the creative, technical, and commercial skills you need to make a profit and livelihood from this special profession.
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"It has been a privilege to learn from a master."
- Sam, Israel
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got."
- G. Woodard, USA
"I never imagined that candle making could be so exciting and challenging the course is full of information and helpful tips."
- Y. Tran, Brazil
Thompson Rivers University (TRU) is one of the leading distance education providers in Canada. We provide independent-study programs and courses for students to earn recognized credits and credentials by distance learning through Thompson Rivers University, Open Learning (TRU-OL).
The programs offered through TRU-OL include adult secondary school completion, certificates, and diplomas (including advanced and post-baccalaureate), associate degrees and bachelor's degrees.
There are over 400 courses and nearly 40 programs through distance delivery. TRU-OL provides learning opportunities in a print or web-based format or a blend of the two, with programs tailored to each student's personal needs.
Students completing certificate, diploma, or degree programs by distance education through TRU-OL are awarded Thompson Rivers University credentials. TRU is an accredited public post-secondary institution with membership in the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC).
Based in Nelson, BC, The Canadian Society for Social Development (CSSD), is a federally-accredited organization that offers online website design, programming and marketing certificate courses for entrepreneurs. Whether you want to work as a web designer or build a website for your own business, Internet Business Development for Entrepreneurs (IBDE) will help you succeed. IBDE programs give you what most other programs do not - a solid understanding of web design to help you really drive your business.
We offer two quality Web Design online programs - the IBDE Web Essentials Program, and the IBDE Web Advanced Program (which is divided into four separate courses).
IBDE is accredited by Selkirk College in Castlegar, BC, and the Canadian Society for Social Development coordinates delivery of the IBDE programs. Students completing the six-month IBDE Web Essentials program receive a certificate in Web Design and Optimization, and students completing our IBDE Web Advanced courses receive a certificate in Advanced Web Design and Optimization. Each Web Advanced course is one month in duration.
IBDE Web Essentials Program:
- Introduction to the Internet
- Site Theory and Design
- Introductory Web Graphics
- Advanced Web Graphics
- HTML/XHTML Programming
- Dreamweaver CS5 ~ Site Development
- Website Marketing and Maintenance
- Final Project Website
IBDE Web Advanced Program:
- Introduction to PHP Programming (Part 1 of 2)
- Advanced PHP and MySQL (Part 2 of 2)
- Wordtracker for SEO
- Blogging for Business
International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters
Courses / Programs
Based in Toronto, ON, the International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters (IITCR) is an online court reporter and legal transcriptionist training school. We provide a range of distance learning court reporting / transcription programs and workshops.
We are the only online digital court reporter training institute in the world, and understand that different students learn at different paces. You may take your time at learning new skills or opt for accelerated learning so that you can complete your course sooner.
At IITCR, we believe every student will find our online educational programs exciting and challenging. Our goal is to equip every student with distinct employable skills.
• Acquire the technical skills and knowledge needed to become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist or Digital Legal Monitor from the comfort of your own home or office with online classes from Ministry-approved Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies.
• Based in Toronto, we provide a 14-week Court Transcription certification program and a 4 to 16-week Digital Legal Monitor / Court Reporter course for students living in Canada.
• The Court Transcription course is delivered online by two seasoned ACT professionals who have worked for several years in the education, transcription, and court reporting industries.
• Participants can study from home up until the final exam which takes place in Toronto or Ottawa (depending on your preference). Once graduates start working independently, their work can be done remotely wherever they live within Canada.
• Upon successful completion, you will meet the transcript qualification standards set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario, and will be eligible to register and become an ACT. • The Digital Legal Monitor course examines the role and responsibilities of digital legal monitors within the specific context of pre-trial proceedings.
• Digital Monitors are a type of court reporter that uses audio equipment to record in-court or pre-trial proceedings.
Taught by professional transcriptionists who have worked in the transcription & court reporting industries.
The final exam takes place in-person in Toronto or Ottawa.
Online Digital Legal Monitor Program: - Duration: 4-16 weeks A DLM is a court reporter who uses audio equipment to record in-court proceedings While this course is designed to be taken in 4 weeks, students will have access to the course for 4 months
Students can write the final exam at any time during these 4 months.
Memorial University of Newfoundland is unique among Canadian universities, in that we offer online and distance education, media, design and production capabilities and teaching and learning support.
We provide a range of Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs, as well as Diploma and Certificate level courses in fields including Nursing, Maritime Studies, Technology, and more.
With 40 years experience in distance education delivery and leadership, we can provide you with all the benefits of a residential university, added to the convenience of learning online.
With over 350 online undergraduate and graduate degree-courses, we provide the selection you’re looking for. You can start or complete your degree, go back for that graduate program, or just complete a few courses.
Course Categories include:
- Business Administration
- Law and Society
- Psychology, and many more..