St. John's School:
Set atop 15 acres of cliffline overlooking the beautiful Tumon Bay on the island of Guam, a United States territory, St. John's School (SJS) is a private, independent K3 to 12th college preparatory school with a boarding option. SJS offers a first-class academic program and a comprehensive menu of sporting, cultural and performing arts activities. Since its foundation over forty years ago, SJS has matured into a large, sophisticated institution occupying our beautiful campus. Our students consistently achieve outstanding results in the International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement courses and examinations.Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).Courses / Programs:
Lower School & Upper School curriculum with main subjects being English, Fine Arts, Modern Language, Philosophy, Religion, Physical Education, Theory of Knowledge, Natural Science, Social Science, Mathematics. International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Program is a rigorous pre-university course of study, leading to examinations, which meets the needs of highly motivated high school students between 16 and 19 years of age. The program consists of the following major components:
- Liberal Arts Curriculum: Students are encouraged to study in a variety of subjects which have the breadth of structure to encompass ideas from the humanities and the sciences.
- Creativity, Action, Service: Known as CAS, this element of the IB requires participation in the areas of arts, athletics and service.
- Theory of Knowledge: An interdisciplinary course intended to stimulate critical reflection upon the knowledge and experience gained inside and outside the classroom.
- International Outlook: Students are encouraged to view the world through an international perspective and seek international solutions to international problems.
- University Recognition: The IB is recognized by colleges and universities throughout the world as an advanced course of studies and is used for both admissions and advance placement standing of student applicants.