Albany Preschool is a parent co-operative preschool located at Masonic and Solano in Albany. We admit children from age 2 years and 9 months through kindergarten age. We are licensed to have 24 children in the classroom at one time. The morning participation program runs Monday through Friday from 9am-noon. The afternoon preschool program runs Monday through Friday from noon to 3pm. Extended care is offered from 3pm to 5pm Monday through Friday. The summer program may differ.
Albany Preschool Programs:
Albany Preschool is a two-year program for children who are age three by December 2nd, toilet trained and ready to participate in the program. We offer a Morning Program, Afternoon Program, and a Summer Program. Our programs are run by a Morning Director, an Afternoon Director, a Head Teacher and a Teacher. All are certified in early childhood education and most of them have been teaching at the preschool for ten years or more.
The morning program runs from 9:00 to 12:00, five days a week. The program is run by the A.M. Director, Head Teacher, and 4 or 5 participating parents. Parents whose children attend the morning program five days a week must participate once a week. Parents whose children attend school three days a week participate every other week.
In the morning program, children play and participate in various activities — including music, plays, games, dress ups, cooking, art projects, sand play, bikes, and stories.
A typical morning schedule:
- 8:40: Planning meeting for participating parents
- 9:00: Good morning, greeting circle
- 9:15: Inside / outside choice of activities
- 11:00: Clean Up
- 11:15: Circle time, music, plays, movement games
- 11:30: Lunch
- 11:50: Outside play and get ready to go home
- 12:00: Time to go home
The afternoon program runs from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm. This is also a full preschool program offering a variety of activities similar to the morning but without parent participation. The program is run by the P.M. Director, Head Teacher, Teacher, and a Teachers Aid.
A typical afternoon schedule:
- 12:00: Children and parents arrive. Teachers greet children. For children from the Morning Program who are staying, this is a time for a half hour of stories and rest
- 12:15: Lunch inside with afternoon children
- 12:30: Inside and outside play with blocks, music, sand, bikes, etc
- 2:00: Snack is available from 2:00 to 2:45. Once a week at this time there is a cooking project. Special art activity and South Yard is open for play
- 2:40: Clean up, children help
- 2:45: Circle time, music, movement games
- 3:00: 3 o'clock preschoolers go home. 3-5 extended care begins
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 850 Masonic Ave., Albany, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.