Kids Into Speaking Spanish Kiss: Kids Into Speaking Spanish (KISS) is a total Spanish immersion program for preschool and kindergarten age children (from 2 to 6 years), with two locations in the East Bay region of San Francisco Bay Area: Walnut Creek (East of Oakland in Contra Costa County) and Montclair, Oakland, CA. The schools are a safe and exciting place for children to grow and learn. We provide a wonderful program designed to prepare your child for academic success. About 95% of the activities are conducted in Spanish. The core of our curriculum consists of activities and participation in cultural experiences such as singing, dancing, art projects, cooking, and games - all done entirely in Spanish.
Our success over the last seven years is a testament to our innovative program. Our students gain proficiency in Spanish much in the same way they learn English or any native language - by integrating it into their lives on a daily basis. At Kids Into Speaking Spanish, all of the instructors we hire are native speakers because the KISS program emphasizes proper pronunciation and exposure to various aspects of Latin culture. We believe that creating an environment where children have fun, while being exposed to the Spanish language paves the way for greater receptivity to learning the language in a more structured setting later.
- Preschool program: We accept children 2 years to 4 years for our preschool program.
- Kindergarten program: We have a developmental kindergarten program and accept children 5 and 6 years old.
- After school program: We accept children from 1st through to 3rd grade.
- Unlimited day care program: This program is for working parents and offers unlimited day care from 7am to 6pm.
* In our Montclair school, we are offering a month's tuition for free to a new 4 year old that enrolls.
St. John's Episcopal School in Chula Vista is a private school offering grades Pre-K through to 8th Grade. We are located just 7 miles from downtown San Diego and the Mexican border in the South Bay Region. St. John’s School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and by the National Association of Episcopal Schools. To earn accreditation, our school maintains high standards with regard to curriculum, school philosophy and the professional qualifications of faculty and administration.
St. John’s School is part of the Episcopal Church and the worldwide Anglican Communion. We observe the liturgical calendar and the Sacraments of Baptism and the Holy Eucharist; and we acknowledge our part in Christ’s, one, holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
We provide an excellent faculty, a diverse and exciting student body and an interested and involved parent community. We continue to strive towards excellence in education, including moral and spiritual education as well as academics, the arts and physical education.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
First School of the Desert provides a successful and well established approach to preschool education. First School offers preschool / childcare programs at three Southern California city locations. Our campuses are conveniently located throughout the Coachella Valley in Cathedral City, Palm Springs and La Quinta in Riverside County. Your child will experience an intimate learning atmosphere unparalleled by any other desert preschool program, in an environment of perfect balance of academic and social instruction.
With high but realistic standards, our program is designed to give your child a solid academic foundation. In a stimulating and creative atmosphere, the small class size will encourage your child to listen, learn and interact, with each class being tailored for your child’s specific age. We maintain a six to one ratio (children / teacher) in our toddler classes (18 months), and a 12 to one ratio in all preschool classrooms, so every child gets the personal and individual attention required.
Your child's health and safety are paramount and that is why all of our staff members are certified in Pediatric C.P.R. and in California Childcare Preventive Health and Safety.
The Fountain Day School is a West Hollywood private preschool in continuous operation for 50 years. FDS offers preschool and early learner classes for children two years old through six years old. We have served the West Hollywood community for over fifty years and are considered one the the top preschools in all of California.
We are the only preschool in the United States that has a year round swim program for our students. Swimming is part of our curriculum and it is included in our tuition.
We provide the latest technology and our lunch program is provided by Whole Foods market. Fiona Whitney author of The Top Private Schools Guide writes, "This gem of a school was inspiring, by the time I completed the tour I wanted to attend the school myself."
Education Programs (Ages 2-6)
- Preschool Program
- Kindergarten Program
- Unlike other preschools, our program features developmentally appropriate classes for specific age groups. We have two 2 year old classes, three 3 year old classes, three 4 year old classes and a Kindergarten class.
- Yoga for Preschoolers
- Spanish for 1st through to 6th grade
- Swimming classes
Villanova Preparatory School in Ojai in Ventura County, CA, is a Roman Catholic secondary co-educational school based on the Augustinian tradition offering a rigorous college preparatory curriculum for grades 9-12, with both a day and resident (boarding) program available. Villanova consistently places students into many of the top colleges in the nation.
Through a balanced program of academic courses, athletics, community service, art and extra-curricular activities, Villanova channels students' curiosity, enthusiasm and energy so they can reach the full potential of their abilities and interests. Villanova provides an outstanding community-based education for its students with a student-teacher ratio of 10:1 and an average class size of 16.
Villanova Preparatory School was founded in 1924 as a Catholic school in the Augustinian tradition. At Villanova, all educational and extra-curricular activities emphasize the Augustinian values of unity, truth and love. Villanova is a member of the Augustinian Secondary Education Association (ASEA) which comprises eight secondary institutions in North America and over 100 schools worldwide.
Children's Day School in San Francisco's Mission District excels as a community of learners who believe in a better kind of learning and possess the passion and skills to shape and continually grow the school. We are an independent, co-educational school for students in preschool through eighth grade. We serve families in San Francisco and surrounding Bay Area communities. Children’s Day School provides children with an education that reveals itself not only in how well children write, think mathematically and investigate questions, but also in how much they love school, their classmates and their environment.
Can such a school maximize academic achievement? Yes. And our students’ standardized test scores and high school placements back up that answer. We are proving that happy children make better learners. At Children’s Day School, academic achievement is only one learning goal. Integrity, love of learning, social competence and commitment to making a difference in the lives of others are equally important. This is our idea of what education is all about. We are accredited by California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).