Kisses 'N Makeup, Bay Area: Based in Alameda County in the San Francisco Bay Area, Kisses 'N Makeup offers a 5-day make-up artist training program called "Intro to Makeup Artistry and Basic Techniques". This course takes place at the Hilton Garden Inn in Emeryville (between the cities of Berkeley and Oakland, CA), and is offered five times per year. Our course is designed to prepare the student for working in the TV/ Film, print, advertising, fashion and retail industries and a career as a professional makeup artist.
"Intro to Makeup Artistry and Basic Techniques" - a 5-Day Make-up Artist Training Program:
Day 1 Introduction to Makeup Artistry: - Skin Prep: Skin Typing - Bone Structure - Foundation Applications / Colourings - 3-D skin - Eye Shapes - Eye Brows
Day 2 Enchanting Eyes: - Natural Makeup - Evening Makeup - Eyeliners - Mastering the smokey eye
Day 3 Fashion Makeup: - Beauty - Avant-garde - Runway
Day 4 Era Makeup: - 1920's Period - 1940's Period - 1950's Period
Day 5 Photo shoot: - Photo shoot/ Exam
Course Structure: The makeup workshops are divided into two sessions. The first session of the workshop will be conducted with a lecture and demo of techniques. The second session of the workshop will be a hands-on session for students to apply what they have learned during lecture and demo on a model. Upon successful completion of this course a completion certificate is awarded. For further information on our makeup artist training in the San Francisco Bay Area, please email us via our Contact Page.
Located on Russian Hill overlooking beautiful San Francisco Bay, the San Francisco Art Institute (SFAI) is an accredited art school that offers a wide-range of Certificate, Diploma, and Degree programs in art & design fields that include Animation, Art History, Fine Arts, Photography, and more. We provide a variety of undergraduate and graduate options for students from our fully equipped facilities and state-of-the-art technology resources on campus.
SFAI emphasizes vision, imagination, intellectual development, hands-on experience, and engagement with the world. Our faculty encourage students to be self-motivated and self-directed, and provide guidance and support.
Artistic, personal, and intellectual development is fused so that the process of making work is a life-enriching experience and prepares students for a creative life. As an institution we continue to be innovators in the field of education.
SFAI is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
The Colburn School is a non-profit independent institution located in downtown Los Angeles (across from the Walt Disney Concert Hall), and encompasses the Colburn School of Performing Arts (CSPA) and the Conservatory of Music (CCM). The CCM provides a range of music Certificate, Diploma & Degree programs, while the CSPA provides performing arts classes for children and adults from beginner to advanced levels.
The Conservatory of Music is a highly-selective college offering classical instrumental music training at the baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate levels. Concerts of dance, drama, mime and music performances are offered to the public throughout the year.
The CSPA is a community-based school that provides music, dance and drama training from introductory to advanced levels to students from ages preschool through adult.
• Gain spray tan certification in California or online with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - we offer the longest-running spray tan classes in the world!
• Aviva provides onsite spray tan certification programs in Los Angeles and San Diego in Southern California and San Francisco in the Bay Area.
• In each city, our spray tanning training takes place in a leading hotel.
• We also offer convenient, short and comprehensive online spray tan certification programs to beauty professionals and complete beginners based in California and nationwide.
• On completion of your course, you receive a Certificate.
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our students are those who are looking to add sunless tanning certification to their beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, want to host mobile spray tan parties, or improve the profitability of their current spray tanning business.
• We offer in-class spray tan training in a host of other venues throughout the U.S. & Canada, including Las Vegas & Reno NV, NYC, Boston MA, Houston & Dallas TX.
Student Review: "I had taken several online courses and what set Aviva's apart for me was the in-depth demonstration of spraying technique. It completely changed my game up 100%.
I would recommend Aviva to others because they are amazing at what they do. They are leaders in this business and simply the best."
• Sophia Rocha, Owner, Golden Glow Studio Mobile Spray Tanning Services, Long Beach CA
MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print, Los Angeles
Courses / Programs
Located in Hollywood, just north-west of Downtown Los Angeles, MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is the creation of world-renowned makeup artist and author Margaret Kimura. MKC Academy provides a unique experience for novices, students and professionals who want a makeup school to help them excel in in the beauty makeup industry, in Fashion, Film, Television, Runway and Print.
Known for excellence, MKC Academy, a State of California-approved institution, offers makeup courses in beauty, special FX makeup, fantasy, avante garde and airbrushing. MKC also offers a Hair Styling School with courses in celebrity and print hair styling for fashion, runway and television.
Ideally situated in the heart of the entertainment industry of Hollywood on Seneca Avenue (just off Glendale Boulevard and close to the Golden State Freeway), MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is just a short drive from Universal Studios, Warner Bros., Disney Studios and the world-famous Hollywood sign, and within easy reach of neighborhoods such as West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Oakwood, Burbank, Pasadena and Alhambra.
- The Works-Makeup & Hair program (504 clock hours)
- Master's Makeup Artistry program (343 clock hours)
- Professional Makeup Artistry program (147 clock hours)
- Professional Hairstyling program (140 clock hours)
- Short Makeup Courses
- Short Hair Styling Courses
- Makeup Workshops
- MKC Internship Program
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Situated in Southwestern Sacramento, California, My Beauty & Barber College offer exciting full-time and part-time professional programs in Cosmetology, Barbering, Nail Technology and Esthetics - allowing you to jump-start your career in as little as 2.5 months. Students receive a strong academic foundation combined with "hands-on" practical training on clients of all ages, genders, and hair styles.
Our high faculty-to-student ratio means students receive individual attention as well as group learning demonstrations to develop important skills. Our students graduate with the equivalent skills of a person working in the industry for approximately two years.
Our mission is to be a recognized regional provider of highly-trained, experienced, and innovative professionals by offering exceptional barbering, cosmetology, and esthetician programs to vocational career students.
By combining faculty and student passion, academic excellence, and extensive hands-on laboratory training, we prepare graduating students to become licensed professionals ready for an exciting and successful career in the beauty industry.