Find co-ed boarding schools in Utah: Private boarding school for underachievers, struggling students, failing students. College preparatory programs for boys & girls who are academically challenged. Residential education for high school students with ADHD, learning disabilities from Provo, Salt Lake City..
Fieldstone Academy Boarding School: Situated in the city of Gunnison, Central Utah, Fieldstone Academy is a co-ed boarding school for teens that, unlike most schools, takes students who need extra help in the classroom. In many cases, students must have very good grades to qualify for admission to traditional boarding schools, making it very difficult for any student who has a low GPA or who has fallen behind for some reason to be accepted. We specialize in providing College Prep and Academic Catch-up programs to students who are behind in school (many by up to a year or more), or for those who need a break in routine or detrimental habits.
We are fully accredited through The Northwest Accreditation Commission. The Northwest Accreditation Commission is one of the nation’s six acknowledged accreditation agencies.
Why Choose Fieldstone Academy?
- Admission Process Fieldstone Academy is a boarding school that will take those kids who don’t have the academics to make it into the typical boarding school with high admissions requirements. This type of school that is not also a behavioral at-risk youth facility is rare.
- Family-Run Organization We are not a large, impersonal organization, but are instead family based and run.
- More Than An Education Many places offer help for behavior, and many more offer to educate your child. We are the best place for him or her to get structure, discipline, and academics–all at the same time.
- We Teach Students with ADHD/ADD
Students with ADD/ADHD and long term anxiety issues have been shown to be very successful in the campus positive peer environment.
Co-ed Academic Boarding School Programs:
Features include: - Small class sizes (6-7)
- Lots of one-on-one attention
- Positive and Caring Structure
- Respect-driven culture
- Years of extraordinary results
- We start at the basics in math and in reading and then move on to more advanced subjects.
- Once students have mastered or re-mastered the basics, we move on to the subjects they should be studying.
Parent Testimonials: “I hear a different kid on the phone! I don’t hear an “attitude” when I talk to him and he is realizing he must earn privileges such as a cell phone.”
“My son sounds pleased and proud that he is passing his classes. I especially like that he progresses only as he demonstrates competence in the subject.”
“He say’s he really likes going to school there, and actually finds it easy. He loves the one on one time with the teachers and said he is understanding math for the first time in a long time. It’s such a relief to know he is in school, and actually doing the work. This has been such a great blessing in our lives. Thank you so much!”
Sundance Canyon Academy, located in Herriman, southwestern Salt Lake County, Utah, is a therapeutic boarding school for boys between the ages of 13-17 years. Academics is foremost in the interest of many of our students.
It is our mission to assist them in continuation of their educational goals by providing an accredited and useful curriculum which enables them to continue their education and work towards successful graduation with a deep sense of accomplishment.
Two of the most common problems we treat at Sundance are school failure and opposition-defiance. Our typical student has low self-esteem and is struggling with authority. Other common problems we address include drug experimentation, mood disorders, and family discord.
Located in Murray, in the suburbs of Salt Lake City, Utah, La Europa Academy provides individualized residential treatment for girls ages 13-17.
Through a solid integration of therapeutic, academic, and environmental interventions, we help adolescent girls and their families to find their greatness again. At times, troubling and often self-defeating behaviors, as well as serious emotional struggles can overshadow the tremendous qualities in any of us.
For adolescent girls, this can affect every area of their lives, causing sadness, anger, fear, and disappointment for them as well as for their parents and loved ones.
La Europa is child-focused rather than curriculum-focused. A broad enrichment program of art, science, Foreign Language, dance and multi-media give our students opportunities for success that empower them to succeed elsewhere. Most importantly, the program is a place where students feel loved and respected.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Arizona, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in Cedar City, Iron County UT, 250 miles south of Salt Lake City, Mountain Springs Preparatory Academy (MSPA) is a transitional boarding school for boys & girls ages 14-18, who are transitioning from a residential treatment center (RTC) or wilderness program in need of a safe environment to practice the new skills that that they have learned.
MSPA is not a therapeutic boarding school but therapy is available from trained professionals in the community who work with MSPA and understand our unique mission and philosophy. MSPA is focused on helping students acclimate back into society.
MSPA provides many of the components of a traditional boarding school, including a full-range of academic classes, college prep and ACT/SAT test prep, etc. but in addition provides the expertise to work specifically with the niche of students transitioning from higher levels of care.
Transitional Boarding School for Boys & Girls Ages 14-18:
- 1:6 teacher to student ratio
- Fully-accredited academic program
- College-prep curriculum
- Customized education plan
- College level classes
- Specialized teachers
- SAT/ACT preparation and testing
- Career exploration
- Vocational internships
- A comprehensive approach to ADD and ADHD that goes beyond academics
Provo Canyon School has been providing mental health care for boys and girls ages 12-17 for nearly 40 years. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced treatment facilities for youth.
Provo Canyon School’s alumni and friends are its largest source of referrals, and our caring professionals operate in a unique environment which helps make a positive difference in a teenager’s life.
The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (NAAS) has endorsed the school. The National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) is also an associate of the school. We have a 242-bed facility with two different campus sites for boys and girls.
Provo is the location of the boy's campus; the girl's campus is situated at Orem. We provide services to students who are between the ages of 11 and 17 years of age (7th to 12th graders) with a variety of different clinical needs.
The average length of stay for a Provo Canyon School student is 10 months, however this can vary considerably depending on the clinical issues of the student. All of our teachers are special education certified.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Utah and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."