Find boarding high schools in Utah: Co-ed boarding school for underachievers, struggling students, failing students, college preparatory programs for boys & girls who are academically challenged. Private residential education for high school students with ADHD, learning disabilities from Provo, Salt Lake City..
Fieldstone Academy Boarding School: Situated in the city of Gunnison, Central Utah, Fieldstone Academy is a co-ed boarding school for teens that, unlike most schools, takes students who need extra help in the classroom. In many cases, students must have very good grades to qualify for admission to traditional boarding schools, making it very difficult for any student who has a low GPA or who has fallen behind for some reason to be accepted. We specialize in providing College Prep and Academic Catch-up programs to students who are behind in school (many by up to a year or more), or for those who need a break in routine or detrimental habits. Concurrent enrollment is available, as is help for ADD, ADHD, and high-anxiety students. Life and college coaching, life skills, and hard work are all included!
Features include: - Small class sizes (6-7) - Lots of one-on-one attention - Positive and Caring Structure - Respect-driven culture - Years of extraordinary results
Typical Daily Schedule:
- 7:30-8:40 a.m. Student Prefects wake all students, lead morning exercise, and supervise cleaning of dorms; all students shower and go to breakfast. - 8:40 a.m. Dorm inspections by Prefects - 8:45 a.m. Student meeting - 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. Morning classes. Our decision to start at 9 a.m. is driven by both industry research and our own experience. We believe our success with morning classes supports our decision!
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Lunch time and remedial dorm cleaning as needed - 1:00-3:00 p.m. Afternoon classes. - 3:00-3:30 p.m. Chores completed by students supervised by student leaders - 3:30-5:00 p.m. First Elective Block. Students will participate in any of our extracurricular activities. If a student needs extra help, an elective block may also be used as a private tutoring session or to meet with personal advisors. - 5:00-6:00 p.m. Second Elective Block. Depending on the student’s choice, the two Elective Blocks may be used for one activity.
- 6:00-6:30 p.m. Dinner - 6:30-9:00 p.m. Study hall and internet time - 9:00-10:00 p.m. Quiet time. Students may play board games or watch movies in their dorms - 10:00-10:30 p.m. Prepare for bed, lights out at 10:30 p.m.
Wasatch Academy is a nurturing, independent boarding school for Grade 8-12 students from Utah, throughout the U.S. and around the globe. Our school is located in Mt. Pleasant UT, one hour south of Provo.
Teachers use a variety of classroom strategies and commit to a wide range of activities that allows every student to find their own pathway to success.
Our pledge to nurture a diverse community of learners is essential to the fulfillment of our mission. We channel our resources to attract students from many different backgrounds, welcoming students from nearly 40 countries around the world, to prepare students for success in the 21st century.
Academic subjects include:
- Social Studies
- Foreign Language
- Fine Arts
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Competitive Sports
- Visual Arts
Located in Oakley, just 45 miles east of Salt Lake City in Summit County, Utah, Oakley School is a leading college preparatory therapeutic boarding school for boys and girls in Grades 9-12.
Oakley is accredited as a Therapeutic School by the Utah Department of Human Services and the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.
We provide treatment and student development support programs consisting of our Off-Form Program, Intensive Clinical Services, Trails (an outdoor experience program) as well as recovery programs with individualized strategic counseling, family therapy and group therapy.
The Oakley School provides a college preparation program with honors and advanced placement courses. A strong and positive student community sets the Oakley School apart from other schools.
We are committed to academic excellence, yet we maintain a parallel concern for habits of being that yield moral stature. Each student is part of a "house" -- a kind of family group that shares home base.
Boarding Programs for Boys & Girls in Grades 9-12:
- Treatment and Student Development Support Programs consisting of Off-Form Program, Intensive Clinical Services, Trails (an outdoor experience program)
- Recovery Programs including recovery group, individualized strategic counseling, family therapy, group therapy
- Academic Curriculum including college preparatory courses, honors courses and Advanced Placement courses
- Fine Arts Program
- College Counseling
- Study Skills and Learning Specialist
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from New Mexico and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Provo Canyon School has been providing mental health care for boys and girls ages 12-17 for nearly 40 years. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced treatment facilities for youth.
Provo Canyon School’s alumni and friends are its largest source of referrals, and our caring professionals operate in a unique environment which helps make a positive difference in a teenager’s life.
The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (NAAS) has endorsed the school. The National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) is also an associate of the school. We have a 242-bed facility with two different campus sites for boys and girls.
Provo is the location of the boy's campus; the girl's campus is situated at Orem. We provide services to students who are between the ages of 11 and 17 years of age (7th to 12th graders) with a variety of different clinical needs.
The average length of stay for a Provo Canyon School student is 10 months, however this can vary considerably depending on the clinical issues of the student. All of our teachers are special education certified.
Sundance Canyon Academy, located in Herriman, southwestern Salt Lake County, Utah, is a therapeutic boarding school for boys between the ages of 13-17 years. Academics is foremost in the interest of many of our students.
It is our mission to assist them in continuation of their educational goals by providing an accredited and useful curriculum which enables them to continue their education and work towards successful graduation with a deep sense of accomplishment.
Two of the most common problems we treat at Sundance are school failure and opposition-defiance. Our typical student has low self-esteem and is struggling with authority. Other common problems we address include drug experimentation, mood disorders, and family discord.