California Christian boarding schools: Private boarding school in Los Angeles area for middle school & high school students. College preparatory programs, residential education in Southern California for US & international students.
Oaks Christian School, Los Angeles County: Based in Westlake Village in Los Angeles County, California, adjacent to the 101 Freeway, and approximately 40 miles north-west of Los Angeles, Oaks Christian School (OCS) is an independent, college preparatory boarding school serving middle and high school-age students in Grades 6-12.
Boarding / Residential School Program for Grades 6-12 - Middle & High School-Age Students
- College-preparatory programs
- AP & Honors courses
- Homestay program for international students.
The Athenian School is a co-educational independent college preparatory school in the San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California. The school is located on a beautiful 75-acre campus at the base of Mt. Diablo, in Danville, Contra Costa County.
We offer a day program for Middle School students (grades 6-8) from the East Bay region and day and boarding programs for Upper School students (grades 9-12) from the US and throughout the world.
Athenian offers a challenging engaging curriculum and outstanding distinctive programs. The school prepares students well for college, as well as for a life of purpose and personal fulfillment.
Boarding students from throughout the world live in two dormitories, housing approximately 20 students each. More than 20 faculty members live on campus, providing extraordinary guidance and support for all students. Today more than 40 students from a dozen countries compose Athenian’s boarding program.
Athenian develops and broadens students’ understanding of themselves and the world. It is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the California Association of Independent Schools.
Co-educational Day & Boarding Programs for students in Grades 6-12:
- Middle School Day Program (Grades 6-8)
- Upper School Day & Boarding Programs (Grades 9-12)
Upper School curriculum includes:
- Foreign Languages
- Physical Education / Athletics
- Studio / Performing Arts
- Special Interest Activities
- Wilderness Experience
- Community Service
Sunset Bay Academy is a co-ed therapeutic boarding school located in San Ysidro, 20 miles south of San Diego, California.
We offer a three-phase therapeutic program dedicated to supporting troubled teens ages 12-17 and their parents in acquiring the needed tools to restore hope and create healthy relationships within their families. Our core focus is working with struggling teenage boys and girls to generate long-term sustainable behavioral change.
Our academic program is designed to maximize student learning by encouraging academic excellence and motivating students to consider college as a viable option. We use a computer based academic program featuring 3-D animation, interactive activities and cutting edge multimedia.
Our curriculum has the flexibility to customize instruction to meet each student’s needs. We offer a range of courses that meet middle and high school requirements and students also participate in our Spanish immersion program. In addition, we offer weekly SAT preparation classes.
Students benefit from group and individual therapy, family workshops and personal growth workshops for parents and students. We also offer an after care program.
Therapeutic programs for troubled teen boys and girls ages 12-17:
- Middle school and high school academic programs
- Weekly SAT preparation classes
- Spanish immersion program
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family workshops
- Personal growth workshops for parents and students
- After care program
- Extracurricular activities
Located 28 miles northeast of Santa Barbara, in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley in southern California, Dunn School is a college preparatory day & boarding school with a focus on developing each student's academic and personal potential.
We serve students from grades 6-12 in Middle & Upper School, specializing in humanities, science, math, languages, and more.
Boarding life at Dunn is truly a unique experience in which students learn to become independent while living and learning among friends. For many students, boarding life is a key part of their Dunn School education and overall growth. Through living on campus, students find their identity, develop talents, and establish friendships for life.
Dunn offers small classes and a unique advisor program. Our students meet with their faculty advisors daily to address academic or personal issues. Our academic curriculum is complimented by our visual and performing arts programs, co-curricular athletics, and outdoor education.
Dunn School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and is one of only seven private independent schools accredited by the Association for Experiential Education.
California Leadership Academy is an affordable and caring secure facility for troubled teens (ages 12-17) located near San Diego, CA.
Our school is a residential, therapeutic academy for boys and girls 12-17 who exhibit defiance, rebellion, failing grades, or emotional issues.
We believe that each teen that walks through our door has a bright future in front of them. Our mission is to help them find that root-cause that is destroying their lives and in many cases their families.
In collaboration with parents, teachers, and the community, students will develop skills to become critical thinkers, problem solvers and leaders in order to reach their highest potential.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Oak Grove School is a progressive, co-educational day and boarding school offering a 7-day boarding program to both American and international high school students in 7th through to 12th grade.
Based in Ojai City, Ventura County, southern California, we are situated approximately 54 miles (86 km) north of Los Angeles. Our graduates are accepted at top colleges and universities worldwide, and our SAT scores surpass national averages among both public and private high schools.
Our family-style boarding facility provides a warm and friendly home for 15 - 20 boarding students. Our dedicated residential staff lives on the premises offering support and guidance.
The average class size is of 12-16 students. The school is fully accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).