Dunn School, Santa Barbara area: Dunn School is located northeast of Santa Barbara, in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, California. We are an accredited college preparatory school serving boys & girls in grades 6-12 with a focus on developing each student's academic and personal potential. We believe that the depth and quality of the relationship between students and teachers is central to the process of education.
Accredited College Preparatory School Programs for students in Grades 6-12: - Day & Boarding Programs
- Middle School
- Upper School
- College Preparatory Curriculum
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Situated just 90 minutes north west of Los Angeles, in Santa Barbara County CA, Cate School, is a co-educational college preparatory day & boarding school of offering Grades 9 - 12.
Founded in 1910, the School delivers a demanding academic program resulting in a breadth and depth of scholarly inquiry. In an intimate setting, students and teachers together pursue high ideals.
Fellow students become friends, teammates, and counselors. Our dorms are also home to Cate faculty and their families, and the bonds between students and teachers are built as much there as they are in the classrooms and on the playing fields.
Taught by faculty members who are passionate about their subjects and dedicated to ensuring that each student reaches his or her full potential, the coursework at Cate is both rigorous and engaging.
The Athenian School is a co-educational independent college preparatory school in the San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California. The school is located on a beautiful 75-acre campus at the base of Mt. Diablo, in Danville, Contra Costa County.
We offer a day program for Middle School students (grades 6-8) from the East Bay region and day and boarding programs for Upper School students (grades 9-12) from the US and throughout the world.
Athenian offers a challenging engaging curriculum and outstanding distinctive programs. The school prepares students well for college, as well as for a life of purpose and personal fulfillment.
Boarding students from throughout the world live in two dormitories, housing approximately 20 students each. More than 20 faculty members live on campus, providing extraordinary guidance and support for all students. Today more than 40 students from a dozen countries compose Athenian’s boarding program.
Athenian develops and broadens students’ understanding of themselves and the world. It is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the California Association of Independent Schools.
Co-educational Day & Boarding Programs for students in Grades 6-12:
- Middle School Day Program (Grades 6-8)
- Upper School Day & Boarding Programs (Grades 9-12)
Upper School curriculum includes:
- Foreign Languages
- Physical Education / Athletics
- Studio / Performing Arts
- Special Interest Activities
- Wilderness Experience
- Community Service
Excelsior School in Pasadena, Los Angeles County, Southern California, is a WASC accredited, independent boarding high school that offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education for students in Grades 9-12.
Our school has established an excellent record of accomplishment of graduates matriculating at distinguished colleges and universities.
The dormitory of Excelsior School provides accommodations that are clean and economical for students who are attending school. Each room has 2 beds, dresser and desk, telephone and bookcase. There are clothes closets in each room. Bathroom facilities are conveniently located on each floor of the dorm.
We stress small class sizes (an average of 15), and individualized attention, to facilitate mastery in all the courses we offer. In addition to Excelsior’s small class room sizes, there are a number of factors that contribute to an environment of academic excellence.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Oaks Christian School (OCS) is an independent, college preparatory boarding school serving middle & high school-age boys and girls in grades 6-12. It is located in Westlake Village in Los Angeles County, California, adjacent to the 101 Freeway, approximately 40 miles north-west of Los Angeles.
Oaks Christian School, founded in 2000, continues to build a reputation of being one of the most respected private Christian high schools in California, and welcomes nationwide and international students to our high school.
Our mission statement reflects a top-notch academic program with an outstanding and competitive athletic department and a visual / performing arts division rivaling the top schools in the United States.
Oaks Christian Homestay is a unique feature of our boarding program. We believe it creates a much better educational environment and provides more social and emotional support than an impersonal boarding dorm.
Our school is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Sunset Bay Academy is a co-ed therapeutic boarding school located in San Ysidro, 20 miles south of San Diego, California.
We offer a three-phase therapeutic program dedicated to supporting troubled teens ages 12-17 and their parents in acquiring the needed tools to restore hope and create healthy relationships within their families. Our core focus is working with struggling teenage boys and girls to generate long-term sustainable behavioral change.
Our academic program is designed to maximize student learning by encouraging academic excellence and motivating students to consider college as a viable option. We use a computer based academic program featuring 3-D animation, interactive activities and cutting edge multimedia.
Our curriculum has the flexibility to customize instruction to meet each student’s needs. We offer a range of courses that meet middle and high school requirements and students also participate in our Spanish immersion program. In addition, we offer weekly SAT preparation classes.
Students benefit from group and individual therapy, family workshops and personal growth workshops for parents and students. We also offer an after care program.
Therapeutic programs for troubled teen boys and girls ages 12-17:
- Middle school and high school academic programs
- Weekly SAT preparation classes
- Spanish immersion program
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family workshops
- Personal growth workshops for parents and students
- After care program
- Extracurricular activities