Boarding schools in Los Angeles area: Private boarding school in Southern California, close to Santa Barbara. Independent middle & high school for boys & girls in Ventura County, residential education for American & international students.
Oak Grove School: Founded by J. Krishnamurti, Oak Grove School is a progressive co-educational day and boarding school in California offering a 7-day boarding program to both American and international high school students in 7th through to 12th grade. We are located in Ojai city in Ventura County, southern California, (approximately 54 miles north of Los Angeles, CA).
Boarding School Program: The school provides a well-rounded and challenging academic experience balanced with a rich extracurricular program in fine, performing and practical arts, physical fitness, environmental and outdoor education, community service and travel.
- 7-day boarding program available high school students in Grades 7-12
- ESL Immersion Program for international students
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
River View Christian Academy, San Bernardino County
Courses / Programs
The River View Christian Academy (RVCA) is a fully accredited, private Christian residential boarding school for troubled teens ages 13-17, located in the mountains of Northern California.
Our program is aimed at helping troubled teens by providing firm but loving intervention, interactive education and life skills training.
Our boarding school is open to families regardless of race or religion. We have open enrollment and students are in the classroom year-round so your child has the continuous opportunity to experience success in their education.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Educating Tomorrow's Leaders: Young Men, Grades 7-12
Located on the coast in San Diego, California, Army and Navy Academy is truly unique. Our college preparatory curriculum is catered to the ways that boys learn best. Interactive lessons, small class sizes, personal attention, and formal leadership training motivate each Cadet to reach his full potential.
This combination - leadership education, a college-prep curriculum, and the commitment to teaching in the ways that boys learn best - all adds up to create The Warrior Experience.
As a private military school with a JROTC program, Cadets are educated to a set of core values that shape all aspects of life here. Honesty, integrity, respect, responsibility, and compassion are the cornerstones.
While military is the format, most boys do not go into the military upon graduation; over 97% go on to college and are accepted by top universities.
Excellence is promoted in all areas of life. Boys learn self-discipline, teamwork, and accountability while receiving a top education and enjoying a beautiful ocean side campus.
College Preparatory Day & Boarding Programs for Boys in Grades 7-12:
- Day Program
- Boarding Program
- Middle School (Grades 7-8)
- Upper School (Grades 9-12)
- University of California A-G Curriculum
- JROTC Leadership Program
- Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
- Athletics Program
- ESL Program
Squaw Valley Academy (SVA) is located in the pristine mountain community known as Olympic Valley, just minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe, in California. SVA is a co-ed, college-preparatory international boarding school for children in grades 9-12, with Day programs available from grades 6-12.
Founded in 1978, Squaw Valley Academy is the oldest private school at Lake Tahoe, and the individual needs of each student remain an integral part of campus life at SVA.
Boarding students live on-campus in one of the three, adult-supervised dormitories and most students share their room with up to three other students. International students enhance the community of Squaw Valley Academy.
Squaw Valley Academy meets the California state standards for high school students and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We offer Advanced Placement courses, SAT Prep, ESL and Rolling Enrollment.
Boarding and Day Programs for boys and girls in grades 6-12:
- Day Programs for Grades 6-12
- Boarding Programs in Grades 9-12
- Rigorous College-Preparatory Curriculum approved by University of California
- High School Program
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Beginner to advanced levels of ESL
- College Preparation Courses SAT, ACT
- Outdoor Education and Adventure Program
- Summer School
Located 28 miles northeast of Santa Barbara, in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley in southern California, Dunn School is a college preparatory day & boarding school with a focus on developing each student's academic and personal potential.
We serve students from grades 6-12 in Middle & Upper School, specializing in humanities, science, math, languages, and more.
Boarding life at Dunn is truly a unique experience in which students learn to become independent while living and learning among friends. For many students, boarding life is a key part of their Dunn School education and overall growth. Through living on campus, students find their identity, develop talents, and establish friendships for life.
Dunn offers small classes and a unique advisor program. Our students meet with their faculty advisors daily to address academic or personal issues. Our academic curriculum is complimented by our visual and performing arts programs, co-curricular athletics, and outdoor education.
Dunn School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and is one of only seven private independent schools accredited by the Association for Experiential Education.
Located in the San Jacinto Mountains in Riverside County, California, Idyllwild Arts Academy is a co-educational day & boarding arts school that offers a disciplined college preparatory program for grades 9-12 and post-graduates.
We provide world-class training in creative writing, dance, film & video, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, and visual art. The mission of the Idyllwild Arts Foundation is to promote and advance artistic and cultural development through education in a beautiful, natural environment conducive to positive personal growth.
The Idyllwild Arts Academy provides pre-professional training in the arts and a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum to a diverse student body of gifted young artists from all over the world.
All rooms are double-occupancy. Students are assigned roommates at the beginning of the year, with student requests for roommates given careful consideration. English-speaking students may voluntarily assist newly arriving international students with their English language skills by choosing to be their roommates.
Co-educational day & boarding arts school programs for students in Grades 9-12:
- Day Programs
- Boarding Programs
- Post-graduate Options
Curriculum subjects include:
- Creative Writing
- Interdisciplinary Arts
- Moving Pictures
- Visual Art
- Foreign Language
- Science, and more...