Boarding schools in Ventura County CA: Private boarding high school in Los Angeles area, close to Santa Barbara. Catholic college preparatory school for boys & girls, residential education for American & international students.
Villanova Preparatory School: Villanova Preparatory School is a Roman Catholic secondary co-educational boarding & day school based on the Augustinian tradition. We are located in Ojai in Ventura County, California, approximately 54 miles north-west of Los Angeles, and offer a rigorous college preparatory curriculum for grades 9-12, with a residental / boarding school program available for both national and international students. Our students are consistently placed into many of the top colleges in the country. Villanova has a student-teacher ratio of 10:1 and an average class size of 16.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
College Preparatory Boarding School Program:
- Residental (boarding) programs available for Grades 9-12
- Day programs available for both national & international students:
- College preparatory curriculum
- English Immersion with Support (EIS) Program
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Excelsior School in Pasadena, Los Angeles County, Southern California, is a WASC accredited, independent boarding high school that offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education for students in Grades 9-12.
Our school has established an excellent record of accomplishment of graduates matriculating at distinguished colleges and universities.
The dormitory of Excelsior School provides accommodations that are clean and economical for students who are attending school. Each room has 2 beds, dresser and desk, telephone and bookcase. There are clothes closets in each room. Bathroom facilities are conveniently located on each floor of the dorm.
We stress small class sizes (an average of 15), and individualized attention, to facilitate mastery in all the courses we offer. In addition to Excelsior’s small class room sizes, there are a number of factors that contribute to an environment of academic excellence.
River View Christian Academy, San Bernardino County
Courses / Programs
The River View Christian Academy (RVCA) is a fully accredited, private Christian residential boarding school for troubled teens ages 13-17, located in the mountains of Northern California.
Our program is aimed at helping troubled teens by providing firm but loving intervention, interactive education and life skills training.
Our boarding school is open to families regardless of race or religion. We have open enrollment and students are in the classroom year-round so your child has the continuous opportunity to experience success in their education.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy, La Cañada Flintridge
Courses / Programs
Located in La Cañada Flintridge, Los Angeles County, CA, Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (FSHA) is a small, private Catholic boarding and day high school for young women in grades 9-12.
We offer our girls an academically challenging program in a caring and supportive environment surrounded by a faith-filled community with active family involvement. We believe this foundation is integral in the education and development of successful students. We know that the young women who graduate from FSHA recognize their own dignity and strengths for life.
Flintridge is home to a truly international population. Our current boarders come from China, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and the United States. Recent years have also seen boarders from Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Guatemala, Nigeria, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam and Spain.
Our boarding halls are made up of 23 rooms, where two girls usually share each room. In order to foster interaction among students from different cultures, the director of boarding students makes a consistent effort to assign students from different countries as roommates.
We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and many others.
Situated just 90 minutes north west of Los Angeles, in Santa Barbara County CA, Cate School, is a co-educational college preparatory day & boarding school of offering Grades 9 - 12.
Founded in 1910, the School delivers a demanding academic program resulting in a breadth and depth of scholarly inquiry. In an intimate setting, students and teachers together pursue high ideals.
Fellow students become friends, teammates, and counselors. Our dorms are also home to Cate faculty and their families, and the bonds between students and teachers are built as much there as they are in the classrooms and on the playing fields.
Taught by faculty members who are passionate about their subjects and dedicated to ensuring that each student reaches his or her full potential, the coursework at Cate is both rigorous and engaging.
Founded in 1924, Southwestern Academy is a private, college preparatory boarding and day school for boys and girls in grades 6 through 12. Our high-quality classes are based on the University of California's a-g entrance standards.
We have students from all around the world who benefit from Southwestern Academy's small classes, active student body and challenging educational program. We offer students the opportunity to study at either of two distinctly different and beautiful campuses.
The San Marino, Southern California, campus is in a historic orange grove area near Pasadena and Los Angeles.
Southwestern Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and is approved by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security for attendance by international students.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from California, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor