Oaks Christian School, Los Angeles County:
Oaks Christian School (OCS) is an independent, college preparatory boarding school serving middle and high school-age students in grades 6-12. Our school is located in Westlake Village in Los Angeles County, California, adjacent to the 101 Freeway, and approximately 40 miles north-west of Los Angeles.
Co-educational Boarding / Residential School Program for Grades 6-12:
- Middle & High School-Age Students
- All courses are college-preparatory. AP & honors courses in all disciplines allow students to be challenged to their fullest academic potential.
- Small classes allow for meaningful interactions & foster the concepts of unity and teamwork.
- Learning is often discussion-based.
- Teachers encourage students to analyze, and explore critical thought, in order to develop a qualified point of view.
- Students pursue a rigorous academic curriculum in the academy tradition while having the freedom to pursue their own academic passions.
- Oaks has a comprehensive media center, eight science labs, and a visual arts wing.
- Seventy classrooms are fully networked for the most advanced technological tools to enhance learning.
Homestay Program for International Students:
Oaks Christian Homestay is a unique feature of our boarding program. We believe that international students living with American families creates a much better educational environment and provides more social and emotional support than an impersonal boarding dorm.
Host families are carefully chosen by Oaks Christian School after a background and reference check and personal interviews. Orientation and ongoing support is provided for both host families and international students.
Advanced Placement Courses:
- Offer scope and depth of college courses.
- AP test mandatory 17 AP courses available.
- Offer more in-depth study of subjects.
- Proceed at a faster pace for students.
- Expand opportunities for independent work.
College Preparatory Courses:
Our college preparatory courses provide students with the skills and knowledge imperative for college success. All major courses not otherwise designated are college preparatory.
Broad elective offerings inspire students to explore their interests and discover new passions.
We offer a state-of-the-art facility for performing and visual arts. Performing arts facilities include-500-seat theater, dance studios, orchestra and choir rooms, and a TV broadcast studio. The visual arts facility features 2- and 3-dimensional art rooms, a ceramic kiln, a 20-station photography lab with dark room, and a graphic design studio.
The athletic facilities at Oaks Christian School are among the finest in the nation: a 1200-seat gymnasium, a world-class outdoor Olympic-size swimming pool, Astro-Play baseball and softball fields, a soccer field, and complete training and locker room facilities.
Oaks Christian School graduated its first class in 2002. Since then, our graduates have reached significant and noteworthy destinations for higher education. 92% of the class of 2009 are attending 4-year universities including Harvard, Yale, Brown, Stanford, Duke University, USC, UCLA and the United States Military Academy. The other 8% are attending a community college with plans to transfer.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 31749 La Tienda Dr., 91362, Westlake Village, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.