Therapeutic boarding schools in California for troubled teens: Boarding school in San Diego for at-risk boys & girls with behavioral problems/ emotional issues. Private high school & middle school programs for difficult youth, residential treatment center in Southern CA.
Sunset Bay Academy, San Diego: Situated in San Ysidro, 20 miles south of San Diego, California, Sunset Bay Academy is a co-ed therapeutic boarding school offering a three-phase therapeutic program dedicated to supporting troubled teens aged 12 - 17. We assist the teens and their parents in acquiring the needed tools to restore hope and create healthy relationships within their families.
Therapeutic programs for troubled teen boys and girls ages 12-17:
- Middle school and high school academic programs
- Weekly SAT preparation classes
- Spanish immersion program
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family workshops
- Personal growth workshops for parents and students
- After care program
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
River View Christian Academy, San Bernardino County
Courses / Programs
The River View Christian Academy (RVCA) is a fully accredited, private Christian residential boarding school for troubled teens ages 13-17, located in the mountains of Northern California.
Our program is aimed at helping troubled teens by providing firm but loving intervention, interactive education and life skills training.
Our boarding school is open to families regardless of race or religion. We have open enrollment and students are in the classroom year-round so your child has the continuous opportunity to experience success in their education.
Excelsior School in Pasadena, Los Angeles County, Southern California, is a WASC accredited, independent boarding high school that offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education for students in Grades 9-12.
Our school has established an excellent record of accomplishment of graduates matriculating at distinguished colleges and universities.
The dormitory of Excelsior School provides accommodations that are clean and economical for students who are attending school. Each room has 2 beds, dresser and desk, telephone and bookcase. There are clothes closets in each room. Bathroom facilities are conveniently located on each floor of the dorm.
We stress small class sizes (an average of 15), and individualized attention, to facilitate mastery in all the courses we offer. In addition to Excelsior’s small class room sizes, there are a number of factors that contribute to an environment of academic excellence.
Educating Tomorrow's Leaders: Young Men, Grades 7-12
Located on the coast in San Diego, California, Army and Navy Academy is truly unique. Our college preparatory curriculum is catered to the ways that boys learn best. Interactive lessons, small class sizes, personal attention, and formal leadership training motivate each Cadet to reach his full potential.
This combination - leadership education, a college-prep curriculum, and the commitment to teaching in the ways that boys learn best - all adds up to create The Warrior Experience.
As a private military school with a JROTC program, Cadets are educated to a set of core values that shape all aspects of life here. Honesty, integrity, respect, responsibility, and compassion are the cornerstones.
While military is the format, most boys do not go into the military upon graduation; over 97% go on to college and are accepted by top universities.
Excellence is promoted in all areas of life. Boys learn self-discipline, teamwork, and accountability while receiving a top education and enjoying a beautiful ocean side campus.
College Preparatory Day & Boarding Programs for Boys in Grades 7-12:
- Day Program
- Boarding Program
- Middle School (Grades 7-8)
- Upper School (Grades 9-12)
- University of California A-G Curriculum
- JROTC Leadership Program
- Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
- Athletics Program
- ESL Program
The Thacher School is a co-educational boarding high school for grades 9-12 located in Ojai, 85 miles northwest of Los Angeles in Ventura County, CA.
The school serves academically talented students who will benefit from a rigorous college preparatory experience with ACT, SAT and AP courses. The faculty and students live and work closely together in a community in which cooperation, trust, honesty, and respect are the cornerstones of school life.
Together, we commit to the belief that demands in the academic classroom, when combined with those of mountains and horses, of sports and the arts, produce independent minds, strong bodies, and powerful character.
Dormitory life is a rich blend of studying, relaxing, sleeping, and enjoying with friends and prefects. In each dorm, senior prefects help administer rules and serve as role models for other students. Faculty members are also an integral part of dorm life, as most live in apartments attached to the dormitories.
We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Boarding Programs for boys and girls in Grades 9-12:
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Study Abroad Program
- Outdoor Program
- Horseriding Program
- International Students welcome
Rigorous College Preparatory Curriculum:
- Fine Arts
- Modern Languages
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy, La Cañada Flintridge
Courses / Programs
Located in La Cañada Flintridge, Los Angeles County, CA, Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (FSHA) is a small, private Catholic boarding and day high school for young women in grades 9-12.
We offer our girls an academically challenging program in a caring and supportive environment surrounded by a faith-filled community with active family involvement. We believe this foundation is integral in the education and development of successful students. We know that the young women who graduate from FSHA recognize their own dignity and strengths for life.
Flintridge is home to a truly international population. Our current boarders come from China, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and the United States. Recent years have also seen boarders from Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Guatemala, Nigeria, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam and Spain.
Our boarding halls are made up of 23 rooms, where two girls usually share each room. In order to foster interaction among students from different cultures, the director of boarding students makes a consistent effort to assign students from different countries as roommates.
We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and many others.