Troubled teens boarding schools in California: Therapeutic high school in San Diego for difficult boys & girls with behavioral problems/ emotional issues. Residential treatment center in Southern California for at-risk adolescents (middle school & high school students).
California Leadership Academy: California Leadership Academy is an affordable and caring secure facility for troubled teens (ages 12-17) located near San Diego, CA. Our school is a residential, therapeutic academy for boys and girls 12-17 who exhibit defiance, rebellion, failing grades, or emotional issues.
Therapeutic Boarding School for Troubled Teens ages 12-17:
- We work with Advantages School International in order to provide your child with the best possible educational services, technology, and curriculum.
- We are dedicated to the success of all students by fostering academic excellence and high achievement.
- Most of our students arrive with an average GPA of 1.92 and leave with an average GPA of 3.50
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from California, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Excelsior School in Pasadena, Los Angeles County, Southern California, is a WASC accredited, independent boarding high school that offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education for students in Grades 9-12.
Our school has established an excellent record of accomplishment of graduates matriculating at distinguished colleges and universities.
The dormitory of Excelsior School provides accommodations that are clean and economical for students who are attending school. Each room has 2 beds, dresser and desk, telephone and bookcase. There are clothes closets in each room. Bathroom facilities are conveniently located on each floor of the dorm.
We stress small class sizes (an average of 15), and individualized attention, to facilitate mastery in all the courses we offer. In addition to Excelsior’s small class room sizes, there are a number of factors that contribute to an environment of academic excellence.
River View Christian Academy, San Bernardino County
Courses / Programs
The River View Christian Academy (RVCA) is a fully accredited, private Christian residential boarding school for troubled teens ages 13-17, located in the mountains of Northern California.
Our program is aimed at helping troubled teens by providing firm but loving intervention, interactive education and life skills training.
Our boarding school is open to families regardless of race or religion. We have open enrollment and students are in the classroom year-round so your child has the continuous opportunity to experience success in their education.
Oaks Christian School (OCS) is an independent, college preparatory boarding school serving middle & high school-age boys and girls in grades 6-12. It is located in Westlake Village in Los Angeles County, California, adjacent to the 101 Freeway, approximately 40 miles north-west of Los Angeles.
Oaks Christian School, founded in 2000, continues to build a reputation of being one of the most respected private Christian high schools in California, and welcomes nationwide and international students to our high school.
Our mission statement reflects a top-notch academic program with an outstanding and competitive athletic department and a visual / performing arts division rivaling the top schools in the United States.
Oaks Christian Homestay is a unique feature of our boarding program. We believe it creates a much better educational environment and provides more social and emotional support than an impersonal boarding dorm.
Our school is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from California, across the United States, & students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located 28 miles northeast of Santa Barbara, in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley in southern California, Dunn School is a college preparatory day & boarding school with a focus on developing each student's academic and personal potential.
We serve students from grades 6-12 in Middle & Upper School, specializing in humanities, science, math, languages, and more.
Boarding life at Dunn is truly a unique experience in which students learn to become independent while living and learning among friends. For many students, boarding life is a key part of their Dunn School education and overall growth. Through living on campus, students find their identity, develop talents, and establish friendships for life.
Dunn offers small classes and a unique advisor program. Our students meet with their faculty advisors daily to address academic or personal issues. Our academic curriculum is complimented by our visual and performing arts programs, co-curricular athletics, and outdoor education.
Dunn School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and is one of only seven private independent schools accredited by the Association for Experiential Education.