Private schools in California: Child care in West Los Angeles, daycare centers, preschools in Bel Air, Christian kindergarten, early childhood education, enrichment programs for preschoolers in LA County
Bel Air Presbyterian Preschool: Bel Air Presbyterian Preschool in Bel Air in Western Los Angeles, CA, provides a primarily full-day, Christian-oriented preschool program (with limited part-time availability) for children aged between 2.5 and 5 years of age. We offer an NAEYC accredited early-childhood developmental program that provides a quality curriculum that fosters the spiritual, social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth of each child in a safe, loving, nurturing environment. It meets the needs of the individual child and allows children to learn through experience and play.
Email:Contact us below
( or request a callback ).
Bel Air Presbyterian Preschool is nestled on Mulholland Drive between the Encino / Sherman Oaks area in the Valley and the Bel Air / Brentwood area on the Westside. It is easily accessible by the 405 freeway and surrounding canyon roads.
- Preschool programs for 2.5 - 5 year olds
- Full time and part-time programs available
- Middle and Transitional Kindergarten programs
- Mommy & Me program
- Early Morning Care program
- Summer Sessions
Bel Air Presbyterian Preschool has eight morning classes and three afternoon classes (Afternoon Enrichment) with two teachers in each classroom.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley
Courses / Programs
Are you searching for a quality private school in the San Fernando Valley area?
Located in Lake View Terrace, in the foothills of the beautiful Angeles National Forest, Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is a coeducational day school providing a preschool through 12th grade program.
We admit students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is one of several schools in the Delphi Schools Network, a group of independent schools sharing uniquely developed curriculum and teaching methods.
All of our teachers have been thoroughly trained in the study and teaching methods practiced at Delphi Academy.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
In addition to rounding out academic studies in literature, mathematics, writing, science, history, and government, our students gain practical understanding and experience in the subjects of leadership, integrity and logic, as well as management and organizational skills.
Student Testimonial: "The thing I really like about Delphi is that they let you feel important. You don’t have to be afraid to be who you are! The teachers are great! Delphi makes learning fun.”
- Middle School Student
Academic Programs for Preschool-Grade 12 Students:
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• High School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)
Live Oak School is an independent, co-educational day school for students in kindergarten through to 8th grade located in Potrero Hill on the east side of San Francisco. Founded by parents and teachers in 1971, Live Oak draws families from Portrero, Central East, Mission District and other communities throughout the Peninsula. Live Oak is a small school where students and families know each other well. We believe that school is both a place to learn and a place to learn how to learn.
We want our students to know themselves and to know how to work with others. We want our students to leave Live Oak with the doors wide open. Our faculty, staff, board and families work together to create a learning environment that is diverse, challenging, nurturing, engaging and inspiring. We believe that the journey is as important as the destination, and at the same time, we are proud that our graduates choose among public, independent and religious high schools.
- Elementary School Programs
- Lower School Programs
- Middle School Programs
Our program is rigorous, intentional and dynamic. Each elementary class has a full-time credentialed teacher and a full-time assistant. Specialists teach math, science, language and literacy, social studies, personal and social skills, art, music, Spanish, drama and physical education.
Montessori Scotts Valley (MSV) provides the highest quality Montessori education from birth on, through our infants, toddlers & primary programs in Scotts Valley in Santa Cruz County. As the only child care facility and school in Santa Cruz County associated with the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), MSV guarantees families throughout the county a true Montessori experience.
Each child at Montessori Scotts Valley is actively supported in the self-directed pursuit of lifelong intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth. Some families appreciate the children's joyful learning, others enjoy the beautiful indoor and outdoor children's environments, and many thrive in our warm community. We serve children using the philosophy and curriculum developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Montessori education provides an education for life.
Montessori Scotts Valley first opened its doors for children in September 2003. Specially trained Head Teachers and Assistant Teachers staff our school. All Head Teachers hold a Bachelor’s degree as well as a teaching diploma from the Association Montessori Internationale, the original overseeing organization established by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Nido (Infants) program: This program serves infants from 6 weeks of age to 18 months.
- Toddlers program: The Puffins, our toddler class, serves children from 18 months through to 3 years.
- Primary programs: At three years, sometimes earlier, children are ready to join one of our two Primary - preschool - environments, the Otters / Dolphins, where they will stay for 3 years and through Kindergarten.
- Summer programs: These are a great way to continue your child's Montessori education.
Adirondack Learning Academy - Accredited Homeschool Online Programs
Courses / Programs
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Yew Chung Education Foundation comprises of schools located all over China and Yew Chung International School in Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. Founded in 1932, we offer biligual (English / Mandarin) education from preschool through High School at our schools in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, and Chongqing. Our mission is to educate the international student to become a 21st Century citizen.
In Yew Chung, our children will excel intellectually, physically, and spiritually. Our children will understand enormous amount of knowledge, absorb the best of Eastern and Western cultures, be open minded, be confident, be sensitive, and most importantly be lifelong learners. This is our Yew Chung's commitment to you.
Day-McKellar Preparatory School in La Mesa in San Diego County, Southern CA, is an accredited private school for children in grades Kindergarten through to 12th. At Day-McKeller, the emphasis is on critical thinking and reasoning skills. Our classrooms are designed to suit each subject and its optimal teaching and learning experience.
Day-McKellar Preparatory School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Day-McKellar Preparatory School is an inspiring educational community where families cultivate integrity, self-awareness and appreciation for all of life's wonders so they can create an inspired life spent realizing their dreams.
- Kindergarten through to 12th grade
- Ideal 1:8 faculty-to-student ratio
- Individualized education for every child
- Constructivist, or experience-based, learning
- Emphasis on critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Expert writing instruction
- Harvard Math Standards
- Classrooms designed to suit each subject