The Kildonan School:
Located in Amenia, Dutchess County NY, The Kildonan School is an accredited, co-educational day and boarding school for children and teenagers with dyslexia and language-based learning differences. Only 90 miles north of New York City, we offer educational programs for elementary, middle and high school students (Grades 2-12). Boarding programs are available for students in grades 7-12, with 5-day & 7-day options available.
Our mission is to empower students with dyslexia by increasing their self-esteem and motivation. Students often come to us from educational experiences where they struggled to find success because that environment did not recognize their potential and/or know how to meet their needs. We want to help them to reach their academic potential and to equip them for future success. Kildonan graduates have a 100% college acceptance record.
Kildonan uses a pure Orton-Gillingham approach, which is an instructional approach intended primarily for use with persons who have difficulty with reading, spelling, and writing of the sort associated with dyslexia. Each student receives daily one-to-one Orton-Gillingham tutoring, which complement an innovative, challenging curriculum that inspires students to love learning while preparing for college and beyond. In addition, Kildonan offers small, college-preparatory classes, extensive artistic opportunities, and competitive sports teams.
- Elementary School (Grades 2-6)
- Middle School (Grades 7-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)
- Daily one-to-one Orton-Gillingham tutoring
- Boarding for Grades 7-12: 5-day & 7-day programs available
Accreditations & Memberships:
- Kildonan is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Kildonan is accredited as an approved nonpublic school by the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
- Kildonan is a member of The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Kildonan is accredited as a school, summer program, and training center by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators - (AOGPE)
- Kildonan is a member of New York Boarding Schools
- Kildonan is a member of the Small Boarding Schools Association (SBSA)
- Kildonan is a member of the International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- Kildonan is a member of the National Association of Private Special Education Centers (NAPSEC)
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 425 Morse Hill Road, Amenia, Dutchess County, New York 12501, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.