Located in Front Royal, VA, Randolph-Macon Academy (R-MA) is a college-prep boarding school with an Air Force JROTC program. R-MA is one of the premier military schools in the nation, and the only Virginia military school offering Air Force JROTC. Our focus is on college-prep. 100% of our students are accepted to college. Students in grades 6-12 discover their potential and develop better academic and organizational skills. Students receive personal attention in the classroom and in the dorm.
College Prep Curriculum for Grades 6-12:
Upper School Academic Programs
For a successful educational program, all aspects of the program must work together. At Randolph-Macon Academy, graduation requirements are rigorous, college courses are demanding, and our upper school courses provide an excellent foundation for higher education. Exemplary teaching unites all academic programs. All courses are college preparatory.
Middle School Academic Programs:
We are a “college prep” Middle School. The middle school years are the proper time to begin the road to college acceptance. Randolph Macon Academy Middle School has the advantage of being its own small community of 75-100 students, but is close enough to the Upper School to take advantage of many of the sports and academic offerings, particularly for advanced students.
- Hybrid schedule, with the 8-period day on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, and 90 minute blocks on Wednesday and Thursday
- All 6th and 7th grade students have room in their schedules for two electives per semester. For 6th graders, one choice must be a performing arts elective.
- 8th graders take the first year of a foreign language (choosing from Latin, Spanish, French or German)
- All 8th graders participate in the Power English Program (PEP), in which they receive 90 minutes of instruction in English daily. This allows for greater depth of mastery in composition, poetry, literature, grammar, vocabulary, organizational skills, and the rudiments of MLA research.
- Curriculum follows the Virginia Standards of Learning.
- Academic program is accredited through the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 200 Academy Drive, Front Royal, Virginia , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.