Portobello Institute Ireland:
Portobello Institute is a private college located in Dublin, Ireland, that offers intensive post-leaving certificate training to students of all ages. Our courses include the ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage which is an internationally recognised qualification in Alternative and Complementary Therapies. This course will give you all of the classical massage movements whilst also giving you the underpinning knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology. It will also teach you to have a holistic approach when dealing with clients that you will use throughout your career as a complementary therapist.Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).Course structure:
Students have a choice of three study options:
- part-time - over 32 weeks, one evening each week
- weekend - 8 weekends, approx 1 per month
- day release -16 full days, 2 days each week
During this course you will learn about:
- The concept & history of massage.
- You will find out about the physiological & psychological effects of massage whilst learning how to select the correct medium and treatment plan for a client. - You will learn to master through guidance & practice the 10 classical massage movements that include effleurage, petrissage, kneading & frictions, hacking, cupping, beating, pounding, tapotement & vibrations.
- The Anatomy & Physiology section of this course gives you the underpinning knowledge for all further learning in the various therapies and includes the four major & four minor systems of the body.
If you are interested in becoming an Alternative or Complementary Therapist, we recommend that you commence with this course as it is often used as a pre-requisite for many of the other complementary therapies such as aromatherapy, stone therapy & sports massage.