La Mesa CA private schools: Independent elementary & middle school in San Diego County, college prep school, summer programs for kids with learning difficulties/ special needs. Kindergarten, early childhood education, before-school & after-school child care.
Mt. Helix Academy, La Mesa: Conveniently located in La Mesa in San Diego County CA, Mt. Helix Academy is a private preparatory school offering quality academic programs for kindergarten through Grade 8 as well as our AIM HIGH programs for for students with mild to moderate learning difficulties / special needs. We are a positive, safe, and nurturing school. Our highly skilled teachers use evidence-based methods with the result that our students love learning and our graduates excel in high school and college.
Programs for K-8 Students: - Kindergarten - Elementary School - Middle School - Foreign Languages - Visual Arts - Music & Performing Arts - Physical Education - AIM HIGH Programs for Students with Special Needs - Before-school & After-school Child Care - Year-round Academic Tutoring - Summer Camp Programs & more...
Carefully-designed Curriculum: Mt. Helix Academy’s curriculum, which meets or exceeds California State standards, systematically builds new skills and knowledge on those already taught. It is designed so that all students learn the important critical thinking strategies they will need and use in high school, in college, and in life. Students at all levels are specifically taught important comprehension skills that allow them to answer both literal and increasingly difficult inferential questions with ease. These comprehension skills enable students to think critically in all areas of the curriculum.
Mt. Helix Academy is also unique in that its students are placed into each basic skills strand of the curriculum according to their skill level in that strand. This ensures that students will be highly successful, yet always challenged in their academic studies; it ensures that they are continuously challenged to think critically. AIM HIGH Programs for Students with Special Needs: - AIM HIGH’s Pull-Out Program is for Mt. Helix Academy students who require more intensive instruction in just one or two basic skills (e.g reading, maths or spelling) than they can be given in their regular classes.
- AIM HIGH’s Full-Day Program provides individualized instruction in all subject areas for primary, elementary, and middle school students who have gotten significantly behind in academics.
- The AIM HIGH program is fully certified by the California State Department of Education to serve students with special needs on contract with local school districts. It is appropriate for elementary and middle school students who have learning disabilities and/or social interaction difficulties, possibly associated with ADD/ADHD, Asperger Syndrome, or another underlying problem in the mild/moderate range.
- The AIM HIGH summer program allows 2nd to 6th graders in the San Diego community who are struggling in school to catch up by building fluency in fundamental academic skills. Two 5-week, half-day sessions are conducted each summer.
Academic Tutoring Program: If your child does not need the intensive instruction provided by AIM HIGH but still need help to maintain adequate progress in their regularly scheduled classes, they can obtain needed supplemental instruction in one or more subjects through our academic tutoring program. Tutoring is provided on a one-to-one basis by highly qualified Mt. Helix Academy teachers (as well as teachers from other schools in the TIEE family of schools), to students enrolled in Mt. Helix Academy or in neighborhood schools. Tutoring sessions are 60 minutes in duration and are billed in advance in sets of 10. Student progress is carefully monitored and communicated to parents on a regular basis.
Bonita Country Day School in Chula Vista in San Diego County, Southern CA, is a private, independent, non-denominational elementary school and preschool offering grades Pre-Kindergarten through to 5th Grade. Bonita Country Day School provides students with a superior education in a culturally diverse, family-oriented environment. The strong academic curriculum is enhanced with a wide-range of opportunities to explore music, art, and foreign language and to pursue interests in many extra-curricular activities.
One of the fundamental obligations of Bonita Country Day School is to assist students in the development of those character traits that will give them a sense of their own self-worth. Each student is given guidance in social development as well as academic growth.
California Music Studios offers musical instrument & voice lessons for kids and adults in Southern California in San Diego County, Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County. Our most popular music lessons are piano lessons, voice lessons, and guitar lessons but we have teachers available for all instruments including violin, flute, and drums.
Highly qualified independent teachers provide custom designed, one on one, private music lessons in your home, or in one of over 300 independently established teachers' studios. Our teachers continue to meet all types of musical needs - from traditional instruction to the latest in the use of electronic and computer equipment.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Welcome to Drew, a school community of experienced, dedicated and passionate faculty and engaged, committed students and parents. Drew is a co-educational college preparatory school that serves grades 9 through to 12. Located at California and Broderick, a residential neighborhood between Pacific Heights and Presidio Heights in San Fransisco, Drew recognizes students must be prepared for life, through citizenship, self-knowledge and independent decision-making. Drew gives students from Pacific Heights, Presidio Heights, Cow Hollow, Marina District, Polk Gulch and throughout the Richmond District an education for life.
While pursuing a rigorous college preparatory curriculum Drew students take part in integrative, hands-on, and experiential learning to connect what happens in the classroom with the world beyond our doors. All students are encouraged to follow their passions beyond the classroom through unique programs like annual DEALL (Drew Education for Active Lifelong Learning) Days.
Drew is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- High School Programs for Grades 9-12
- Advanced Placement Courses
* Through the unique DEALL (Drew Education for Active Lifelong Learning) program, students spend a week pursuing academic interests in the real world, through trips, community service, career exploration and more.
* Core subjects include English, math, science, socíal science, art, music, drama, athletics and languages including French, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese and Sign Language.
Carousel School is a non-public school in Southwest LA providing preschool, elementary school through high school programs for children with special needs or disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s syndrome, Down syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and communication disorders. We also provide an Adult Day Program (ADP) for adults 18-55.
Carousel School is located at 7899 La Tijera Blvd. in Southwest LA, just off the Interstate 405 (San Diego Freeway), close to Ladera Heights, Inglewood and Los Angeles International Airport.
Carousel is certified by the California State Department of Education, and meets or exceeds all state program requirements. Carousel is open year-round, offering an After-School Socialization Program during the summer, winter, and spring breaks. Saturday Camp is also available.
Year-round Programs for Kids / Teens with Special Needs or Disabilities:
- Early Intervention (EI) Program
- Preschool & Infant Center
- After-School Program
- Specialized Day Classes
- Junior High and High School Classes
- Behavioral Program
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Program
- Informative Pointing Method Program
- Movement to Performance Program
We also provide an Adult Day Program (ADP) for adults 18-55.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian day school offering a preschool through high school program on one campus.
The campus is located in the foothills of the Angeles National Forest in the equestrian community of Lake View Terrace in the San Fernando Valley region.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
The Delphi program includes a fully rounded curriculum available for all age levels. Even the very youngest students are exposed to basic concepts of science, history, and the various humanities.
A rigorous mastery of the basics forms the core of the curriculum, with the complete program developing a wide spectrum of skills and knowledge in cultural, scientific and social subjects.
In addition to traditional academic subjects, students get training in practical areas such as communication, manners, computers, nutrition and organization.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Parent Testimonial: "I am so grateful that a school like Delphi exists. The academic program is challenging and it makes the study of vital subjects (like reading and math) absolutely fun and rewarding.”
- Elementary School Parent
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• Upper School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)