Chatsworth Hills Academy: Chatsworth Hills Academy (CHA) is an independent, college preparatory school in Chatsworth in the San Fernando Valley in LA County, established in the liberal arts tradition. Committed to selective enrollment in Early Childhood (ages 2 1/2 - 5 years) through to Grade 8, the total number of students shall always permit the involvement of each girl and boy in all CHA programs.
Located in Laguna Niguel, CA, St. Anne School is an independent Catholic school that fosters the intellectual and character development of more than 800 students in grades preschool through eight, providing unparalleled academics and extracurricular activities designed to challenge, educate and nurture the whole child in partnership with parents. We serve preschool, elementary, and middle school students with a range of courses in English, Mathematics, Religion, Science, and Social Science.
In addition to our core educational categories, we also provide a range of special programs including Chinese, Spanish, Creative Writing, Health, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Orchestra, and Athletics among others.
With a robust co-curricular program, St. Anne students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of clubs, classes, and activities that complement classroom study and create a balanced learning environment to develop the whole child.
Our vision is to develop future generations of creative thinkers, innovative problem solvers, effective communicators and emerging leaders, guided by the Catholic faith, to influence our local and global communities for the greater good.
The GeoKids / Menlo Survey Child Development Center is an accredited, nationally recognized, non-profit parent co-operative providing high quality child care for children aged 3 months through to pre-kindergarten (5 years). The center is located on the Menlo Park, CA campus of the United States Geological Survey (USGS) in San Mateo County, and is supported in part by the General Services Administration (GSA) and the USGS.
GeoKids is a developmental play-based program founded on the belief that children are capable, competent, self-motivated learners. Within our program, adults encourage children to participate in everything that concerns them and to do as much as they are capable of doing for themselves.
GeoKids is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach, which encourages children's intellectual development through systematic focus on symbolic representation, as children are encouraged to explore their environment and express themselves through words, movement, drawing, painting, playing, and other natural modes of expression.
- GeoKids is a Reggio inspired, play and project based school for children aged 3 months through to pre-kindergarten (five years old).
- We offer a curriculum that challenges, encourages, and supports children in their quest for knowledge, recognizing the developmental stages of childhood and the unique gifts, talents and abilities of each child.
- We are a place where children can be children, and learn through play.
The Jewish Family Preschool and Parenting Center of Congregation Beth Sholom is located on 14th Avenue (corner of Clement Street) in San Francisco, and offers high-quality, innovative secular and Jewish education for children and their families. We provide excellent teacher to child ratios, experienced, nurturing and highly qualified staff, clergy participation in Shabbat service and other Jewish holiday celebrations, access to resources and programming of Congregation Beth Sholom, child development specialist available for individual consultation and a resource library.
Our child-directed curriculum provides a framework that invites children to observe, make choices and experiment, thus developing a sense of competence and initiative. Although our program is informal and flexible, the curriculum is carefully planned and based on the principle of organized free choices. The classrooms are set up by the teachers to guide children toward specific learning goals. We focus on developing the child's critical and creative thinking skills, not on their memory.
- For children aged 2 - 5, half & full-day program options with extended care.
- 11-month school year (September - July).
- Additional music, art, dance and movement programs throughout the year.
- Parent and Me classes for parents and infants and parents and toddlers.
- Parent education workshops and parenting programs.
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School, West Hills
Courses / Programs
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School is a pre-K to 6th grade private school in West Hills in the West San Fernando Valley Region of Los Angeles. Opened nearly 50 years ago, Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School has a proud history of educating children in a small, nurturing environment with high academic standards. Students go on to some of LA's best secondary programs.
Each year, our 6th grade graduates move on to the region’s top public middle schools - gaining acceptance to prestigious programs for high achievers. Many are also accepted to the area’s most prominent private schools. We admit students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin.
Our curriculum provides children with a sound foundation in all core subject areas. Graduating students are well-prepared for middle school, private / public. We provide an environment in which children develop strong moral character. Children learn the value of helping others and learn to appreciate and value the differences among individuals.
Shepherd of the Valley is fully accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and also by the ELEA (Evangelical Lutheran Education Association).
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Based in La Habra in Orange County, Bach II Rock Academy of Music offers music lessons for kids and teens in Orange County and parts of Los Angeles County. We are proud to provide guitar, piano, voice, drums, violin and bass classes, serving the cities of La Habra Heights, Brea, Fullerton, Buena Park and La Mirada. We also serve the following cities in north-east Los Angeles County: Whittier, Hacienda Heights, La Puente, Norwalk, Walnut, Diamond Bar and Chino Hills.
We specialize in private music lessons, which are customized to each individuals experience and goals. We can create a custom group class for those wanting to take music lessons with friends and family, or you can enroll in one of our preplanned semester classes open to everyone.
Bach II Rock Academy of Music was established to inspire and teach our students the music they love from the present, while learning the fundamentals that were so important in the past. At our academy we believe that taking music lessons in a school setting is extremely beneficial to students. Seeing and interacting with other students on a weekly basis allows students to not only learn from their instructor, but also from their peers.