Prep schools in San Diego County, CA: Private elementary & middle school in La Mesa, college preparatory school, programs for kids with learning difficulties / special needs. Kindergarten, early childhood education, before-school & after-school child care.
Mt. Helix Academy, La Mesa: Mt. Helix Academy is a private preparatory school in La Mesa, San Diego County in Southern California. We offer quality academic programs for kindergarten through Grade 8 as well as a range of programs for students with mild to moderate learning difficulties / special needs. We are a positive, safe, and nurturing school. Our highly skilled teachers use evidence-based methods with the result that our students love learning and our graduates excel in high school and college.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Quality K-8 Education: Mt. Helix Academy received the highest level of accreditation that is ever awarded by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). It is in the family of schools operated by The Institute for Effective Education. TIEE is nationally recognized and is a leader in the San Diego area for the use of evidence-based teaching methods and materials.
Programs for K-8 Students: Kindergarten; Elementary School; Middle School; AIM HIGH Programs for Students with Special Needs; Foreign Languages; Visual Arts; Music & Performing Arts; Physical Education; Before-school & After-school Child Care; Year-round Academic Tutoring; Summer Camp Programs & more...
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian day school offering a preschool through high school program on one campus.
The campus is located in the foothills of the Angeles National Forest in the equestrian community of Lake View Terrace in the San Fernando Valley region.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
The Delphi program includes a fully rounded curriculum available for all age levels. Even the very youngest students are exposed to basic concepts of science, history, and the various humanities.
A rigorous mastery of the basics forms the core of the curriculum, with the complete program developing a wide spectrum of skills and knowledge in cultural, scientific and social subjects.
In addition to traditional academic subjects, students get training in practical areas such as communication, manners, computers, nutrition and organization.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Parent Testimonial: "I am so grateful that a school like Delphi exists. The academic program is challenging and it makes the study of vital subjects (like reading and math) absolutely fun and rewarding.”
- Elementary School Parent
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• Upper School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Trinity School, established in 1961, is a co-educational, independent Episcopal day school offering preschool through to elementary school programs, with two campus locations in Menlo Park in San Mateo County in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Early Childhood Program (ECP 3 & 4) is located at our lower campus at 330 Ravenswood Road, Menlo Park, and ECP for JK through to Grade 5 is located at our upper campus at 2650 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA.
Trinity School embodies and brings to life the highest standards for developing critical thinking in children. Our faculty ushers the child's intellectual and spiritual growth through a rigorous curriculum carefully crafted to empower students to think, believe, and act.
The small size of the school, one class per grade, means that each child in the community is well known and has an important role that grows over time. As an Episcopal school, Trinity School is rooted in a tradition that values cultivation of the mind, spiritual inquiry, diversity, and service. The legacy of a Trinity education is a curious mind and a discerning heart. We are very proud as our graduates embark on their middle school experience in the area's best schools.
- Early Childhood program for ages 3-4 years
- ECP Junior Kindergarten program
- Kindergarten to Grade 5 program
- Elementary School program
- Extended Care program
* We provide a rigorous curriculum that reinforces our students' intrinsic desires to learn.
* Our innovative program features specialist teachers for science / garden, library, advanced math, Spanish, music, art, physical education, and religious studies.
Glen Park Montessori is a premier pre school located in San Francisco, CA, off Van Ness Avenue 101, one block from BART and within walking distance of Glen Park Canyon. We provide a Montessori curriculum and ecology studies patterned in the Montessori framework.
Through our Ecology Studies, we invite children to become acquainted with our natural world through activities and field trips designed to connect them with the love of and appreciation for nature, an understanding of the interconnectedness of all life, thereby planting the seeds of sustainability.
First School of the Desert is located in La Quinta in the Coachella Valley in Riverside County, Southern CA. We offer an intimate learning atmosphere unparalleled by any other desert preschool program by providing a successful and well established approach to preschool education. First School also offers preschool / childcare programs at 2 other city locations in the Coachella Valley, Riverside County - Cathedral City and Palm Springs. At First School, we provide a perfect balance of academic and social instruction.
At First School of the Desert, your child's health and safety is paramount and that is why all of our staff members are certified in Pediatric C.P.R. and in California Childcare Preventive Health and Safety.
Our childcare programs are designed to give your child a solid academic foundation. In a stimulating environment, the small class size will encourage your child to learn and interact. Each class is tailored for your child’s specific age. We maintain a six to one ratio (children / teacher) in our toddler classes (18 months), and a 12 to one ratio in all preschool classrooms. This enables each child to get the personal and individual attention they need to succeed.
The Jewish Family Preschool and Parenting Center of Congregation Beth Sholom is located on 14th Avenue (corner of Clement Street) in San Francisco, and offers high-quality, innovative secular and Jewish education for children and their families. We provide excellent teacher to child ratios, experienced, nurturing and highly qualified staff, clergy participation in Shabbat service and other Jewish holiday celebrations, access to resources and programming of Congregation Beth Sholom, child development specialist available for individual consultation and a resource library.
Our child-directed curriculum provides a framework that invites children to observe, make choices and experiment, thus developing a sense of competence and initiative. Although our program is informal and flexible, the curriculum is carefully planned and based on the principle of organized free choices. The classrooms are set up by the teachers to guide children toward specific learning goals. We focus on developing the child's critical and creative thinking skills, not on their memory.
- For children aged 2 - 5, half & full-day program options with extended care.
- 11-month school year (September - July).
- Additional music, art, dance and movement programs throughout the year.
- Parent and Me classes for parents and infants and parents and toddlers.
- Parent education workshops and parenting programs.