Residential therapeutic programs in Massachusetts: Boarding high school in Plymouth County for troubled teens, boarding middle school for boys & girls with behavioral problems, emotional issues. Private college prep school for difficult youth, co-ed residential education in South-East MA.
Chamberlain International School: Chamberlain International School is a co-educational therapeutic boarding and day school in Plymouth County MA, just 40 miles from Boston, and Providence. We provide college preparatory and general education courses to both middle and high school students ages 11-22 from Massachusetts, across the United States, and throughout the world.
Our school is located on 12 picturesque acres in a small New England campus close to the towns of Middleborough and Taunton. We are 40 miles from both Providence, R.I. and Boston, MA. Both cities have major airports and Amtrak train stations. We are located in an area close to a wide variety of colleges.
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
Located in Milton MA, 8 miles south of Boston, Milton Academy is a private, preparatory, co-educational boarding school offering a rigorous Grade 9 - 12 curriculum.
Today, both young people and adults at Milton cite the diversity of the school community as a crucial element of living and learning. Students and faculty who are here, as varied and exciting as they are, attract others who want to learn and to teach in an environment this stimulating.
One of Milton's strengths is that the school offers the benefits of a boarding school and a day school. The full involvement of both of these student populations in the life of the school enhances and broadens the experience of each of the respective groups. Both boarding students and day students lead and participate in all aspects of School life.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Massachusetts, across the U.S., and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located in Haverhill, Grafton County, New Hampshire, the Oliverian School is a private, alternative college-preparatory boarding school. Nestled on a 1,800-acre campus in beautiful Northern New Hampshire, the Oliverian School provides an inspiring, supportive, and challenging educational alternative for students in grades 9-12.
Here in the mountains of New Hampshire, in a unique school environment that combines stewardship, academics, and adventure, students find support, inspiration and success. Dormitories are structured to promote a family-like atmopshere, which in turn interact with the larger Oliverian community.
Oliverian students come from all over the country from a variety of different circumstances and traditions. The school aims to serve students who are academically capable of serious work and aspire to a college education, but who are not succeeding or have not found success in traditionally structured schools.
A student with minimal learning difficulties will find success at Oliverian. Diverse, motivating and thought-provoking offerings at Oliverian afford possibilities for each student to build competency and character in a secure and healthy school setting.
Co-Ed Boarding Programs for Students in Grades 9-12:
- College preparatory curriculum with core areas focusing on science, language arts, mathematics, social studies and foreign languages as well as the areas of stewardship, experiential education, health and physical education and the fine arts
- ACT and SAT Test Preparation
- Electives Weeks to allow students to explore new interests while gaining academic credit
- Personal Growth Adventure Program
- Athletics and Leisure Program
Brewster Academy is a a co-educational boarding and day school for Grades 9-12 that focuses on technology. Located in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire (2 hours north of Boston), we provide students with the academic, personal, and social skills necessary for success in a university or college, and for life.
Our curriculum, delivered using best practice methodologies, aims to maximize retention of skills and content through a collaborative, student-centered, mastery-learning program.
It is recommended that students enroll in the most challenging courses possible and, where appropriate, elect Advanced Placement and accelerated levels. Brewster graduates record more than a 95 percent retention rate from their freshman to sophomore year in college compared to the national average of about 75 percent.
High School Boarding / Day Programs for Stundents in Grades 9-12:
Subjects / courses include:
- Foreign Language
- Fine and Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Academic Support Programs
- Instructional Support (IS) Program
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
Located in Marlborough, Middlesex County MA, 30 miles west of Boston, Hillside School is an independent boarding and day school for boys in Grades 5-9.
For over 100 years, Hillside has provided educational and residential services to boys who need to develop their academic and social skills. Hillside accommodates both traditional learners and boys with learning differences and/or attention problems.
Offering a structured, supportive, and challenging curriculum, Hillside allows students to develop academically, physically, spiritually, morally and socially while building their confidence and maturity.
Hillside's heart is in its boarding program, a core of stability and warmth offering a wealth of opportunities for learning tolerance, responsibility and cooperation.
Most faculty members live on campus, forming a neighborhood where adults, skilled in interacting with young boys, and in tune with their interests and concerns, are a nurturing and watchful presence at all times.
- Full Boarding Programs (including weekend)
- Weekly Boarding Options
- Middle School
- College Preparatory Curriculum with math, science, English, social studies, arts, music, physical education
- Farm Immersion Program where students stay at least one week during the year
- Athletics Program
- Health and Wellness Curriculum
- Summer School Program