Private boarding schools in Minnesota: Christian boarding school for boys & girls, college prep for middle school & high school students. IB diploma program for international students, residential education in Central Minnesota, Midwest USA.
Saint John's Preparatory School: Located 10 minutes west of St. Cloud within the 2,700 acres of woods and lakes in Collegeville, central Minnesota, Saint John's Preparatory School is a Benedictine, co-educational, boarding and day college preparatory school for students in Grades 6-12, with boarding options beginning in the 9th Grade.
Email:Contact us below
Co-ed Day & Boarding Programs 6-12th Grade Students:
We offer a US middle & high school curriculum, including the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, advanced placement courses, PSAT, SAT, ACT prep courses as well as a study abroad program in Austria, and English for international students.
- Day Programs for Grades 6-12
- Boarding Programs for boys and girls in Grades 9-12
- Challenging Curriculum with Middle and High School Programs
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses for PSAT, ACT and SAT
- Study Abroad Program in Austria
- ESL Program
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Minnesota and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Shattuck-St Mary's (SSM) is a co-educational Episcopal Church-affiliated boarding & day school offering Grades 6-12 in Faribault MN, 50 miles south of Minneapolis.
Founded in 1858, the same year that Minnesota became a state, Shattuck-St. Mary’s School has built its reputation for excellence on a foundation of history, tradition and exceptional academics.
Our 417 students in grades 6-12 come from 34 states and 22 countries to pursue a rigorous college preparatory curriculum and focused development in athletics and the arts.
Through this opportunity, which we call the “Experience,” students at SSM learn, grow, thrive and often find the unexpected in themselves. Our school is known for its Centers of Excellence hockey, soccer and figure skating programs, and we also provide ESL programs for international students.
Co-educational Day & Boarding Program for Students in Grades 6-12
Core Curriculum Subjects include:
- World Languages
- Computer Science
- Fine Arts
- Advanced Placement courses
- ESL Courses for international students
- Summer Camps...
Located in Cedar County in southeast Iowa, Scattergood Friends School is a co-educational Quaker boarding and day school founded in 1890. We provide a college preparatory education with AP courses, SAT and ACT to students in Grades 9-12 from around the world.
Unique in our approach, we emphasize living in community and are devoted to fostering the growth of the whole person. As part of our program, we also offer an independent study program where students choose topics of interest, a laptop program, and month long trips.
Scattergood is accredited by the Iowa Department of Public Instruction as well as the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS).
Scattergood’s unique status as a boarding school allows a students to gain experience in many areas. Students share dorms in groups of 25, hang out in the dorm or student lounge, and spend time with their roommates.
Our students come from many states and foreign countries, and from a wide variety of socio-economic backgrounds. Scattergood students have in common the desire for a quality high school education in a good community.
Boarding and Day Programs for Boys & Girls (Grades 9-12)
- Five Day and Full (including weekends) Boarding Options
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, math, science, social studies, fine arts, foreign languages and athletics
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses ACT and SAT
- Independent Study Program providng opportunities for students to study topics of interest
- Laptop Program
- Month-Long Trips
- International Students welcome
Located in West St. Paul, MN, St. Croix Lutheran High School is a private, college preparatory day & boarding school for grades 9-12.
International students and students from Twin Cities metro area, southern Minnesota, and western Wisconsin enjoy a complete education at St. Croix. Our international program has about 60 students from 10 different countries, with on-site housing & boarding for International and long-distance American students.
The full range of academic courses and wide array of co-curricular activities accentuate the community environment at St. Croix where ninth through twelfth grade students develop in all aspects of life. Student / teacher ratio of 1:15.
Students consistently score at or above Minnesota average on ACT and SAT. 90% of students continue on to post-secondary studies. Accredited by Minnesota Non-public School Accreditation Association (MNSAA).
Cotter High School is a Catholic boarding and day college preparatory school for Grades 7-12 located in Winona MN, just 1 hour east of Rochester.
Our boarding program caters for students in Grades 9-12. Our diverse school community includes students with a wide range of nationalities, talents and interests. Students receive an excellent education with AP and college prep courses with close attention given to their individual needs.
Cotter provides students with a challenging and supportive school environment with teachers who are passionate about teaching and assisting students. This care and enthusiasm inspires students to strive for success.
The Cotter Residence Center provides boarding for students in Grades 9-12. Our alumni include students from throughout the US, Japan, Germany, Russia, South America, France, South Africa, Czech Republic, Taiwan, Korea and China all here with one purpose: to learn in a rigorous academic environment.
Our single dorm rooms are modern, fully furnished with a sink and ample closet space. Internet support and telephone service are also available in each room. We are accredited by the the Association of Boarding Schools (TABS) and National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA).
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.