Private boarding schools in Ohio & the Midwest United States: Residential schools for boys & girls, coed college preparatory schools Ohio. Christian boarding schools for troubled teens, military schools, specialty boarding schools, therapeutic youth boot camps for difficult teenager, kids near Columbus, close to Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron..
Located in historic Hudson OH, just 30 minutes from Cleveland, Western Reserve Academy is a mid-sized, co-educational boarding and day school serving students in Grades 9-12.
Our students, drawn from 25 states and 17 countries, have chosen Reserve for its fine academic, art, and athletic programs, and for the school's commitment to a set of fundamental values: excellence, integrity, compassion.
Nearly a century ago, alumnus and benefactor James Ellsworth boldly stated WRA's goal: "If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well. Western Reserve Academy should aim to be the best institution for learning in the world."
Imbued with the spirit of Ellsworth's idealism, WRA's students, faculty, and staff work together in a residential setting to realize our mission: A Western Reserve Academy education offers a transformational experience where students strive for excellence, live with integrity, and act with compassion.
Situated on a 150-acre campus in Austinburg, north-east Ohio (one hour east of Cleveland, Ohio), Grand River Academy is a college preparatory, all-boys boarding school for students in Grades 9-12 (with a post grad year option).
Founded in 1831, we provide a college preparatory curriculum for students who have demonstrated intellectual ability, yet have not reached their full potential. The Academy is proud of our 100% college acceptance rate and works hard to place our students in the best universities possible.
The college counseling department creates comprehensive, individualized plans for each student, beginning in sophomore year. Our English Language Program prepares international students for academic success in America.
Our Residential Life Program focuses on community building, forging friendships and teaching our young men how to navigate adolescence. Students are admitted anytime throughout the year.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Ohio, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Ohio and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Andrews Osborne Academy (AOA), located on 300 acres of land in Willoughby (30 minutes from Cleveland), Ohio, is a private, co-educational boarding & day school offering Grades 7-12 (boarding) and Pre-K - Grade 12 (day) programs.
Students may choose to board 5 days per week (Sunday evening to Friday afternoon) or 7 days per week throughout the academic year.
Residential life is complimented by the diversity of background each student brings to AOA. While day students commute from the many communities surrounding Cleveland, boarders come from Ohio, across the country and around the world.
AOA is chartered by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS). We are a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). AOA is consistently ranked among the best private schools in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio.
Co-educational Day & Boarding School Programs:
- Boarding Program: Grades 7-12
- Day Program: Pre-K through Grade 12
Courses / subjects include:
- English as a Second Language
- Foreign Language
- Physical Education
- Fine Arts
- Equestrian Program
- College Counselling
- Summer Camps
Some of the program inquiries submitted here up to
2017-10-19 were from viewers in:
You are here: School & College Search> Boarding Schools for Girls, Boys in the U.S.> Boarding schools & behavior modification schools in Ohio for children / high school teens in or close to Columbus, Cuyahoga County, Franklin County, Hamilton County..