Montessori Works, Mississauga:
Montessori Works in Mississauga in the Greater Toronto Area, Southern ON is a private Montessori school that provides experiential learning for children (2 1/2 - 5 years) to become independent thinkers in a nurturing and stimulating environment which creates an intrinsic joy for learning. We support the Montessori philosophy to follow the child that emphasizes on educating every individual academically and emotionally to become better citizens of the world. We offer half day and full day programs, as well as before and after school care.
Montessori School Programs (For ages 2 1/2 years to 5 years):
- Half Day Montessori program: Morning (8:45 am - 11:30 am) & Afternoon (12:45 pm - 3:30 pm)
- Full Day Montessori Program (8:30 am - 4:00 pm) & Lunch (11:30 am)
- Before School Care program (7:30 am to 8:30 am)
- After School Care program (4:00 pm to 6:00 pm)
The Montessori curriculum focuses on providing a prepared environment to meet the needs of the children. It is divided into five major areas of interest which are Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture. Each area is enriched with manipulative and self-correcting material to enable the child to learn through his or her interest.
* Practical Life: This area helps to develop the child's fine motor skills, concentration, independence and sense of order. The activities are designed to create interest and imagination.
* Sensorial: Children in this plane of development learn through their senses. This area is focused on the manipulative material which emphasizes on discrimination of size, colour, touch, taste, and sound.
* Language: The sand paper alphabet and the unique Montessori Method which is focused on phonetic approach help children to have a head start in reading and writing.
* Mathematics: The beautifully crafted materials are designed to give a good understanding of mathematics. Some of the concepts are linear counting, relationship of quantity to the numeral, and the four operations.
* Culture: The heart of the Montessori curriculum is culture, which emphasize on the awareness of the world around us. The sensitivity to nature and the tolerance of all beings is encouraged by incorporating it in the curriculum. We study the continents, land forms, and differences between living and non-living.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 3050 Artesian Drive, L5M 7P5, Mississauga, Ontario , Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.