Private secondary schools in Toronto: University preparatory schools in Ontario, independent school for boys & girls. Private middle & high school diploma programs in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) for Canadian & international students.
Metropolitan Preparatory Academy: Metropolitan Preparatory Academy (Metro Prep) is an independent, co-educational private middle school and high school program located in mid-town Toronto in Southern Ontario that prepares students for success at university level and beyond. Our school fully supports your child’s potential and will help your child gain entrance and succeed at the university of their choice.
• Keystone Toronto International High School in downtown Toronto was established by Keystone International Schools group (founded in Istanbul, Turkey) with the aim of providing the children of expats in Canada as well as international students studying abroad with the wonderful opportunity of high school studies (grades 9-12) in Ontario, in preparation for a smooth transition into post-secondary education in North America.
• At Keystone Toronto, students follow the Ontario curriculum, while learning key self-management skills needed for later success in higher education. Apart from the core curriculum subjects, students choose their electives based on their interests and potential career choices (with the aid of their parents, or guardians, teachers and guidance counselor).
• In preparation for college & university, Keystone Toronto International High School teaches students to think about what they learn, to understand, analyze, investigate, formulate, and propose logical solutions to non-routine problems. Students are taught to be resourceful, to connect their learning to real-life issues, to organize tasks, and manage their time to meet deadlines.
• International students are placed in carefully selected homestays with a local family, with our student coordinator maintaining daily contact with the students and weekly contact with the families. Keystone students are immersed in the Canadian culture, customs and values, therefore easing their adaptation period.
Situated in Ottawa ON, the Académie de la Capitale is an independent, bilingual, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School authorized for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students ages 3 to Grade 6. We also provide an intermediate secondary school programme, with Grade 9 - 12 courses leading to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Founded in 1988, the Académie was the first authorized IB PYP school in the Ottawa/Outaouais region, and is now the only school offering the PYP in a French/bilingual co-educational setting. We are currently working towards obtaining the authorization for the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP), for students in Grade 7 to 10.
Our mission is to create a village where consideration and respect for others are valued; and where inquiry, interaction, and innovation are the ingredients for academic achievement, through experiential learning.
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students ages 3 to Grade 6:
- Disciplines include Language, Math, Science &Technology, Social Studies, and the Arts
- Intermediate secondary school programme
- Grades 9-12 (Secondary School Diploma)
- Bilingual preschool programme for toddlers 18-36 months
- 12 month programme for students ages 3-5
- French-language day camp during the summer months
- English with intensive French option for the PYP, for ages 3-6
Located in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, Fridge Door Live Theatre Company is a performing arts experience for children and youth. From September to March, Saturday morning theatre programs are offered for children who have an interest in theatre, dance, arts and live performances.
Our programs each end in a full production. In July and August, there are 5-day camps for youth in grade 3-12. Camps are located in London, ON, Strathroy, ON, St. Thomas, ON and Ingersoll, ON.
The aim of our programs is to provide a fun environment and challenging experience for children and youth while also practicing and nourishing teamwork, partnership and community values.
The World of Fairy Tales is an international school of speech, arts and drama conveniently located in Vancouver, BC offering year-round programs for all ages, and a summer camp program. Our acting school provides a variety of programs for different age groups.
Our very little kids (5-6 years old) are learning Artistic Development Skills, then they can continue with the Speech Arts and Drama group (6-8 years old) and follow all the programs until the age of 18. We are very proud of our students who can get an extra 4 credits towards their High School Diploma for the “Speech Arts and Drama” course.
Our mission is to find, create and develop any potential talent in your child for his / her future acknowledgement. You will be satisfied and happy with your child's education in our acting school. Our teachers / instructors possess university degrees from all over the world which are well recognized in Europe, Asia and Canada.
We also create performances, exhibitions and concerts for the open public. Our students and teachers participate in festivals, city events, national competitions and examinations.
J. Addison School, located in the picturesque town of Markham (30 minutes north of Toronto), Ontario, Canada, is a private school offering Montessori programs at the pre-school and elementary levels, and an outstanding accredited secondary school program. Many people spend a lifetime striving to actualize their true potential. Their success in life is highly dependent on how they manage the associated challenges. Parents have an inherent duty to help their children in this effort. In fact, the dramatic growth of the tutoring industry is the result of the parents’ recognition that tutoring programs are specifically designed to help each child meet the challenge of developing their individual skill sets. Our program combines the best that tutoring centers have to offer: individualized, strategic, and accountable programming within a fully equipped and accredited school setting.
- Montessori pre-school & elementary programs
- Instruction of children in 3-year age groups
Accredited Secondary Program:
- Registered with the Ontario Ministry of Education
- Unique teaching and learning and support program
- French-as-a-Second Language
- Canadian History
- Canadian Geography
- Summer Camp & more ...
e2-e4! Chess for Kids is a private company located in Vancouver, BC, whose purpose is teaching chess to children and to all who wish to comprehend the secrets of the world's most popular intellectual game. Our chess lessons can be taught through English and / or Russian. We have various locations throughout the Metro Vancouver Area in Richmond, Burnaby and Vancouver. We offer group and individual chess lessons with teachers who have years of experience teaching.
Chess is a board game and mental sport for two players. It is played on a square board of 8 rows and 8 columns, giving 64 squares of alternating colour, light and dark.
There are many benefits of learning chess. A child learns to think independently and make decisions. Even the simplest solution (which figure to make a move), teach the children independence and responsibility. While studying chess, the child learns to focus on one process. It produces perseverance. The child develops spatial imagination and creativity skills.