Private secondary schools in Toronto: Independent middle school & high school diploma programs in Ontario. College preparatory school in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) for Canadian & international students.
Metropolitan Preparatory Academy: Located in mid-town Toronto in Southern Ontario, Metropolitan Preparatory Academy (Metro Prep) is an independent, private middle school and high school program that prepares both Canadian and international students for success at university level and beyond. Our school fully supports your child’s potential and will help your child gain entrance and succeed at the university of their choice.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Founded in 1982, Metro Prep Academy knows that educators with the right attitude, providing a supportive yet challenging academic environment, can profoundly impact a student’s life. Students graduating from Metro Prep are poised for success with the rigours of university and beyond.
- Middle school program (Grades 7-8): We provide a nurturing & supportive environment & a structured high school preparation program.
- High school program (Grades 9-12): We provide an excellent all-round academic environment for a young adult to acquire and master the skill sets of an independent learner. Students become confident & analytical.
- In addition to academics, Metro Prep offers a range of school athletics, and a wide range of extracurricular activities.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Freehand School of Art is conveniently located on Yonge Street in Toronto (6 blocks north of Lawrence on the East Side of the city), and offers children and adults art courses and summer art immersion day camps for kids. We provide a focused and informative approach to art instruction which allows students to discover the expressive possibilities of new materials and techniques.
At Freehand School of Art, our aim is to engage our students with the world around them using eye, mind and hand. There is a fundamental drive in all of us to create. Young children naturally express what they see, think and feel though their artwork. Often, this natural process becomes inhibited as they grow up. We are committed to nurturing creativity in young children and re-igniting it in everyone else.
Freehand School of art is owned and operated by Vivian East who brings a high level of expertise in art education gained in more than 30 years of involvement in arts communities in Toronto, and Julia Ramdeholl who brings current perspectives on the arts to the school.
Both partners are qualified teachers, members of the Ontario College of Teachers and the Ontario Society for Education through Art.
* Early Years Art classes:
- Start With Art: Ages 4-6 years
- Start with Art-Picture Books
- Start with Art-Famous Artists
* Elementary Children's Art classes:
- Painting: Ages 7-10 years
- Drawing from Life: Ages 7-10 years
- Mixed Media: Ages 7-10 years
- Printmaking: Ages 8-14 years
- Sculpture Workshop: Ages 8-14 years
- Drawing from Life: Ages 11-14 years
- Drawing on the Imagination: Ages 11-14 years
- Painting: Ages 11-14 years
* High School Students Art classes
* Adults Art classes & more...
Montessori Works in Mississauga in the Greater Toronto Area, Southern ON is a private Montessori school that provides experiential learning for children (2 1/2 - 5 years) to become independent thinkers in a nurturing and stimulating environment which creates an intrinsic joy for learning.
We support the Montessori philosophy to follow the child that emphasizes on educating every individual academically and emotionally to become better citizens of the world. We offer half day and full day programs, as well as before and after school care.
Our strength is to provide the best language enriched curriculum in Mississauga with an integrated peace and culture component. In embracing the respect for nature and universal tolerance, our Montessori school adopts a hands-on curriculum that supports a creative and imaginative approach to learning.
The Montessori curriculum focuses on providing a prepared environment to meet the needs of the children. It is divided into five major areas of interest which are Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture. Each area is enriched with manipulative and self-correcting material to enable the child to learn through his or her interest.
• NSL Mondial is a leading facilitator of admissions to private and public high schools in Ottawa, Ontario for international students from around the world as well for locally-based students.
• Our partner private boarding school in Ottawa (a college preparatory school) offers Grades 9, 10, 11 and Grade 12 courses needed to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
• This really is a true international school - with students from around the world & from within our own local community!
• #1 Ranked high school education system in the world.
• 100% university placement rate to date.
• 60 Student Capacity, with average class size of 10 students.
• Teacher-to-student ratio of 1:8.
• Excellent, safe boarding facilities.
• ESL support classes (for non-native English speakers).
• NSL Mondial is also a highly experienced facilitator of admissions for international students to English language schools and summer camps in Ottawa, Ontario, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal Quebec (French also) as well as across the USA.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa, the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research & cultural institutions, and numerous museums.
• Ease of access: Ottawa is just 4 hours by train from Toronto, and a 1 hour flight. It is served by Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport which is Ontario's second-busiest airport.
International Boarding School programs in Ottawa, Ontario:
Welcoming international students from around the world.
• Secondary School Diploma - Grades 9-12
• Academic Grades 10, 11 & 12 credits go towards the Ontario (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
• University Qualification Year
• 4-week High School Credit Summer Program
English Language Courses for international boarding students:
• ESL Foundation Year Program
• 3 hours of IELTS exam preparation training per week
• ESL Camps throughout the year
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Havergal College is a preeminent girls' school for 900 students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. Our Boarding School is home to 50 Canadian and International students in Grades 9 to 12.
Established in 1894, the school's mission is to prepare young women to make a difference in their chosen pursuits by enabling each student to develop her full intellectual, spiritual and physical potential. At Havergal, students learn how to become effective anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The Havergal Old Girls network is connected with more than 8,000 Old Girls living in more than 50 countries around the world.
Students benefit from the many opportunities to develop their whole self—their full intellectual, creative, spiritual and physical potential. Our research-based approach to curriculum development and delivery draws upon the best contemporary and traditional educational methodologies. A Havergal education prepares students for a lifetime of learning, leadership and limitless possibilities.
- Junior School: Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6
- Middle School: Grades 7 & 8
- Senior School: Grades 9-12
- Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12 for Canadian & international students
- Arts courses such as drama, visual arts, multimedia arts, vocals, band, strings & more
- Curricular and co-curricular athletics programs
- French, Spanish, Latin & Mandarin language courses
- Social sciences courses in Harkness-style classrooms ideal for discussion-based learning
- Advanced Placement courses in the Senior School
Blyth Academy is proud to offer an affordable private school option to Ottawa. Our campus in Westboro Village offers a comprehensive full-time high school program, as well as part-time, private, semi-private, night time and summer school classes.
Our Ottawa campus is a school of 70 students. This allows us to be personally in touch with every individual, yet large enough to offer a broad range of courses.
When combined with first-class care and great teaching, wonderful things happen and our students flourish. Come tour our campus and learn more about our unique programming.
- Full-time School Programs
- Grade 9-10: Foundations Program
- Grade 11-12: University Preparation Program
- Part-time Courses
- Private and Semi-Private Courses
- Repeat Courses
- Blyth Academy Online
- Academics for Athletes
- Summer School
Located in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, Fridge Door Live Theatre Company is a performing arts experience for children and youth. From September to March, Saturday morning theatre programs are offered for children who have an interest in theatre, dance, arts and live performances.
Our programs each end in a full production. In July and August, there are 5-day camps for youth in grade 3-12. Camps are located in London, ON, Strathroy, ON, St. Thomas, ON and Ingersoll, ON.
The aim of our programs is to provide a fun environment and challenging experience for children and youth while also practicing and nourishing teamwork, partnership and community values.