High schools in Toronto: Private secondary school, credit courses for high school students. University preparation, study for Ontario secondary school diploma certificate, part-time high school, evening / night classes in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Wisdom Academy, Toronto: Wisdom Academy is an independently-operated private high school located in Toronto, Southern Ontario. Wisdom Academy offers high school education and credit programs for students who wish to obtain the Ontario Secondary School Diploma Certificate. We are a semestered school and our part-time and full-time programs are offered year-round. At Wisdom Academy, all our high school education programs are based on the Ontario Secondary School curriculum. Students will be able to select the best program that suits their requirements among our day programs, evening programs, night programs and summer programs. We also offer a fast track program for students who can not attend the regular programs and want to complete the program faster.
Our high school credit programs are offered year-round (For the Ontario Secondary School Diploma Certificate based on the Ontario Secondary School curriculum). We run regular full-time day classes and fast track programs five days a week. Students in regular full-time program can complete up to 8 credits in one academic year. Our fast track full-time option allows students to complete up to three credits in two months.
Wisdom Academy maintains a small class size in order to maintain quality of programs and enhance the student’s achievement through individualized attention and communication. All courses run at Wisdom Academy in Toronto meet for a minimum of 110 hours as specified by the Ministry of Education.
- Part-time / full-time programs
- Day / evening / night programs
- Summer programs / summer school during July & August: Wisdom Academy runs special summer programs for elementary and secondary students. These programs often involve a lot more hands-on learning than your child experiences in regular classes.
- Fast Track programs Wisdom Academy offers the following courses in Grade 9 to Grade 12:
- English - English as a Second Language and English Literacy Development - Mathematics - Business Studies - The Arts - Canadian and World Studies - Science - Social Sciences and Humanities - Computer Studies - Technological Education - French as a Second Language - Classical Studies and International Languages
Our academic guidance councilor will assist students and parents in selecting courses to lead students on the right path of their post-secondary education.
Additional Education Programs: - University preparation programs - One-on-one / group tutoring: Our tutors are highly qualified in various disciplines and have years of work experience. - ESL / English language programs - IELTS / TOEFL preparation programs - Free workshops
Wisdom Academy welcomes prospective and new students to our campus. ThepPrincipal and staff at Wisdom Academy maintain an open door policy where students and parents can freely walk into the office and meet up with the staff. Students are welcome to discuss about their academic goals and the principal, academic and administrative staff can assist students to plan their future education.
Metropolitan Preparatory Academy (Metro Prep) is an independent, private middle school and high school program located in mid-town Toronto in Southern Ontario that prepares both Canadian and international students for success at university level and beyond. Our school fully supports your child’s potential and will help your child gain entrance and succeed at the university of their choice.
Founded in 1982, Metro Prep Academy provides a supportive yet challenging academic environment. The school was started with the belief that educators possessing the right attitude can have a profound impact on a student’s life. Our strength lies in developing the whole individual, through the personal relationships established with students and their families.
Metropolitan Preparatory Academy is committed to fostering the intellectual, physical, social and creative potential of university-oriented students through a supportive yet challenging academic environment. Students graduating from Metro Prep are poised for success with the rigours of university and beyond.
- Middle school program (Grades 7-8): We provide a nurturing & supportive environment & a structured high school preparation program.
- High school program (Grades 9-12): We provide an excellent all-round academic environment for a young adult to acquire and master the skill sets of an independent learner. Students become confident & analytical.
- In addition to academics, Metro Prep offers a range of school athletics, and a wide range of extracurricular activities.
• Keystone Toronto International High School in downtown Toronto was established by Keystone International Schools group (founded in Istanbul, Turkey) with the aim of providing the children of expats in Canada as well as international students studying abroad with the wonderful opportunity of high school studies (grades 9-12) in Ontario, in preparation for a smooth transition into post-secondary education in North America.
• At Keystone Toronto, students follow the Ontario curriculum, while learning key self-management skills needed for later success in higher education. Apart from the core curriculum subjects, students choose their electives based on their interests and potential career choices (with the aid of their parents, or guardians, teachers and guidance counselor).
• In preparation for college & university, Keystone Toronto International High School teaches students to think about what they learn, to understand, analyze, investigate, formulate, and propose logical solutions to non-routine problems. Students are taught to be resourceful, to connect their learning to real-life issues, to organize tasks, and manage their time to meet deadlines.
• International students are placed in carefully selected homestays with a local family, with our student coordinator maintaining daily contact with the students and weekly contact with the families. Keystone students are immersed in the Canadian culture, customs and values, therefore easing their adaptation period.
Musical instruction for all ages in a private lesson setting from university-trained teachers in Toronto, Ontario, on most common instruments. Since 2004 hundreds of students have taken music lessons at our central location. We started as a small school, but have grown with the strength of our teachers and programs. We constantly renovate and improve our facilities and provide ongoing training to our staff to ensure we meet the changing needs of our students, and the latest trends in education.
Discovery Academy is a private, co-educational, accredited university preparatory school located in Thornhill (immediately south of Richmond Hill) in the northern Greater Toronto Area of Southern Ontario. We provide education programs for grades K-12, and also offer a program for international students wishing to earn credits and / or a high school diploma. Our credits are recognized by universities, colleges and other high schools in Ontario and worldwide.
At Discovery, we prepare young people to make a difference in their future pursuits and improve the world we live in by equipping each student with the skills and knowledge necessary to recognize and achieve their full physical, creative, and academic potential. We have been shaping students careers since 2005.
At Discovery, our unique approach to education has earned us a strong reputation in the community and amongst universities throughout Canada. Discovery Academy claims 100% of their graduates are accepted to the postsecondary school of their choice. Our teachers not only connect with students, but also exploit their hidden talents and abilities.
- Preschool program (Saturday / Sunday)
- Day school program
- International students program with homestay
- Summer camp program
- Tutoring and advanced programs
- After school programs
- Sunday program in French
- TOEFL English language program
- Night school programs
B.G. Music Academy is a music school in the Etobicoke area of Toronto, Ontario offering music classes to children and teenagers of all abilities. We provide a balance of contemporary and classical teaching methods, which continue to produce proficient, well-rounded musicians. We offer lessons in Jazz and Classical Piano; Blues and Classical Guitar; Voice training; Digital recording classes and more.
Our unique teaching style adapts to the specific needs of individual students of all ages. A variety of styles including jazz, rock, classical and other forms of popular music are utilized to further enhance our method and sustain interest among our students. The B.G. Music Academy provides an excellent curriculum, bringing students from simple melodies right through to the level of a concert performer.
B.G Music Academy Teachers have outstanding credentials and years of diverse performing and teaching experience to offer the best in musical training for classical, rock, and jazz enthusiasts.
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Havergal College is a preeminent girls' school for 900 students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. Our Boarding School is home to 50 Canadian and International students in Grades 9 to 12.
Established in 1894, the school's mission is to prepare young women to make a difference in their chosen pursuits by enabling each student to develop her full intellectual, spiritual and physical potential. At Havergal, students learn how to become effective anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The Havergal Old Girls network is connected with more than 8,000 Old Girls living in more than 50 countries around the world.
Students benefit from the many opportunities to develop their whole self—their full intellectual, creative, spiritual and physical potential. Our research-based approach to curriculum development and delivery draws upon the best contemporary and traditional educational methodologies. A Havergal education prepares students for a lifetime of learning, leadership and limitless possibilities.
- Junior School: Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6
- Middle School: Grades 7 & 8
- Senior School: Grades 9-12
- Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12 for Canadian & international students
- Arts courses such as drama, visual arts, multimedia arts, vocals, band, strings & more
- Curricular and co-curricular athletics programs
- French, Spanish, Latin & Mandarin language courses
- Social sciences courses in Harkness-style classrooms ideal for discussion-based learning
- Advanced Placement courses in the Senior School