St. Stanislaus College Preparatory:
St. Stanislaus College Preparatory, founded in 1854, is a private Catholic school located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast 50 miles east of New Orleans, Louisiana. Operated by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, the school specializes in building character and helping young men in grades 7-12 develop to their full potential and become happy, self-confident, well-educated adults. St. Stanislaus is one of the largest Catholic resident high schools for boys in the United States. Over the years, students from 52 countries and 42 states have profited from the rich education and character building offered by St. Stanislaus.
The mission of St. Stanislaus College Preparatory, a Catholic resident and day school for young men in Grades 7 - 12, is to teach Gospel values and to nurture the total development of each and every student according to the charism of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart.
The school fosters character formation and integrates faith development within a curriculum that is primarily college preparatory.
As an integral part of its mission, St. Stanislaus maintains a resident program that offers students opportunities for educational success and personal growth within a disciplined and structured environment.
We are confident that based on their experiences as students in a Brothers of the Sacred Heart school, we hope our graduates are well-rounded young people who:
1) Are aware of their own gifts, talents and limitations;
2) Recognize the need to continue their own spiritual, psychological, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical growth;
3) Respond to God's call to be balanced, compassionate adults.
Because of our efforts at firm and friendly discipline, we hope that our graduates:
1) Have developed self-discipline that guides their actions;
2) Are sensitive and respond with compassion to the limitations of others;
3) Have respect for authority and for persons for whom they are responsible;
4) Approach relationships with fairness, mutual trust, and cooperation.
As a result of our commitment to academic excellence, we hope that our graduates:
1) Are intellectually curious;
2) Are prepared to meet the academic demands of college;
3) Strive to reach their intellectual potential;
4) Use their intellectual gifts to serve others more effectively and generously.
Accreditation: Mississippi State Department of Education, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Mississippi High School Activities Association, Catholic Boarding Schools Association, National Catholic Education Association, and the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- St. Stanislaus College conducts a junior high program (7th - 8th grades) and a four-year high school program (9th - 12th grades). Students must complete four years of high school studies in order to graduate.
- The curriculum is primarily college preparatory. Because of the wide variety of interests, needs and abilities found among students, the curriculum is regularly evaluated and revised. We offer Math, Science, English, Religion, Social Studies, Foreign Language, ESL, Computer Education, Business and Fine Arts.
- In order to encourage each student to work to his fullest potential, to use his talents more effectively, and to give himself a broader education, we provide honors and advanced placement courses.
- Besides our full-time ESL Program, we offer a 4 week ESL Camp which includes morning ESL classes, afternoon cultural activities, and weekend cultural field trips.
St. Stanislaus is proud to challenge an academically qualified student with the honors and advanced placement courses in English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. Upon successful completion, each specified course merits 0.04 additional quality points added to cumulative grade point averages.
In order to encourage each student to work to his fullest potential, to use his talents more effectively, and to give himself a broader educations, St. Stanislaus provides an honors program for students in grades 10 through 12. Upon successful completion of the honors curriculum, the student receives an honors diploma at graduation.
The program of interscholastic athletics at St. Stanislaus is an extension of the educational program. The objectives of the athletic program are:
- To develop in a student the ability to think both as an individual and as a member of a group
- To improve his motor skills, general health and physical fitness
- To instill in him the desire to excel and succeed
- To give him an appreciation of wholesome recreation and entertainment
- To challenge him to live out high moral and ethical standards
- To teach a student self-discipline and emotional maturity
- To teach him respect for the rights of others and for authority
- To challenge him to live the high ideals of fairness in all human relationships
- To help him develop high standards of school loyalty and wholesome school spirit
St. Stanislaus considers clubs and organizations an important part of the life of the student and the life of the school. A student involved in an extracurricular activity is required to attend the scheduled events of the organization.
Our Extracurricular Clubs are:
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Gaming Club
- International Club
- Key Club
- Literary magazine
- Magic Club
- Math Club / Mu Alpha Theta
- National Honor Society
- Outdoors Club
- Radio Club
- Robotics Club
- SCUBA Club
- Speech Debate and Mock Trial
- Student Council
- Varsity Quiz Bowl
- Writing Lab
- Youth Legislature and Junior Assembly
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 304 South Beach Boulevard, Hancock County, Mississippi , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.