Find makeup artist training in Bay Area CA: Makeup classes in San Jose for beginners & beauty industry professionals. Airbrush makeup courses & beauty industry training in Los Gatos, Santa Clara County.
The Academy of Cosmetic Arts: Situated in San Jose, Santa Clara County in Northern California, The Academy of Cosmetic Arts Professional Makeup Artist School offers specialized make-up artist Certificate programs. Our training program is the first and only program of its kind in the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern CA. The Academy of Cosmetic Arts provides students with the knowledge and advanced skills required for the transition from cosmetic or college level programs to professional organizations and careers.
8-Week Cosmetic Arts Certificate Program: The Academy certificate program offers 8 workshops on a once-a-week basis. Workshops are approximately three hours long and normally run in the evening. Scheduling may vary depending on the instructor's needs. The curriculum is designed to give an intense study of each area of the profession, providing a range of makeup and fashion styling artistry from which to choose special areas of interest.
Each class is limited to six students who in turn become the 'Academy of Cosmetic Arts Make-up Crew' as advertised in the Reel Directory and Film Commission. Production companies provide intern-ships which are non-paying and are offered only upon availability through the Academy of Cosmetic Arts. Participation in internship activities is highly encouraged but not required.
Our curriculum includes: - Make-up Design Workshop: Creation and design of 'In' styles and up-to-date make-up looks for eyes and lips. A great how-to class.
- Airbrush Make-up Workshop: Special training in the field of make-up for high fashion and commercial photography. This workshop also covers brides and formal occasion looks.
- Fashion Show Makeup Workshop: Internship prep class. An exciting class with emphasis on make-up for stage and ramp models. - Corporate Styling Workshop: Marketing the total look for business executives. - Television and Film Techniques Workshop: Learn the many techniques for hi-def redcam, 3-d, and an intense study of special effects for film.
- Internships: - Internships on independent & feature films offered upon availability with master classes in on-location work. Individual Goal: Developing 'hands on' experience and a professional portfolio for presentation to prospective clients.
Certification: A certificate or proof of training is granted to each student, signed by the instructor, upon completion of the program. This is not a cosmetology license. Please note: the Academy is not responsible for the employment for its graduates and is not a job placement agency.
Situated just 10 minutes north of Downtown L.A., Shepherd University's School of Digital Arts provides two comprehensive Degree programs in Digital Arts (Bachelor), and Information Technology (Masters), with concentrations including VFX (Visual Effects) & Animation, and Game Art & Design. With a special concentration on producing digital entertainment content, our School of Digital Arts focuses on producing qualified and talented professionals to meet industrial needs.
The mission of the School of Digital Arts is to provide students with opportunities to develop in-depth knowledge and experience in Digital Contents and Graphics fields to contribute to the economic vitality of our region and beyond and to launch the careers of first-rate, 21st century professionals and leaders who are ready to make immediate, positive contributions to society through Christian spirituality.
Our school is located right next to Hollywood, where the global industries of filmmaking and digital content are concentrated.
Online Candle Making Classes for California, U.S. & global students
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio in California with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in California, nationwide or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified." Alex English, NBA Allstar, USA
Located in Beverly Hills, Bosso Intensive Makeup School Los Angeles is one of the most sought-after makeup training facilities in the world.
Taught by celebrity make-up artist, Kimberley Bosso, our unique make-up training programs are offered to novices, aspiring make up artists and professionals.
We provide affordable 6-day and 4-day Intensive Make-up Training Courses with a professional certificate awarded on completion, which will prepare you for a successful career in the make-up industry.
There are ONLY a maximum of 4 students per course to ensure the utmost meticulous attention and makeup education.
We also offer a 1-day intensive course for the novice or professional makeup artist wanting to learn basic to advanced techniques, or wanting to refresh their existing makeup skills. Students come from all over the U.S. as well as from as far as Australia and Dubai.
An industry established make-up artist since 1997, Kimberley Bosso trained and received her professional makeup artist certificate in Los Angeles, and took her training and research further, studying in Paris learning airbrush and working throughout Europe backstage with top designers for runway shows, as well as visionary photographers on ad campaigns.
Student Testimonial: "Thank you so much for sharing with me your knowledge...you will always have my respect and appreciation. You are an amazing and inspiring professional. I'm glad that I have met you and attended your awesome makeup course!"
- Izabela Cruz, Dubai
4-Day & 6-Day Intensive Professional Make-up Artist Certification Programs:
- Traditional and Airbrush Make-up
- Techniques include: Smokey Eyes; Contouring; Bridal Makeup; Men's Grooming; High Fashion; Business & Marketing; Product & Brush Knowledge; Hygiene & more
- 6-Day program also includes Red Carpet Makeup and Fashion Week with extensive airbrushing
1-Day Intensive Make-up Artist Course:
For beginners or those looking to sharpen existent makeup skills.
Situated in Ontario, San Bernadino County CA, EFX Artistry offers a comprehensive, hands-on education in professional make-up. Our quality courses include Basic Beauty Lessons, Corrective Beauty, Special FX1, and a Portfolio course. This is your opportunity to get one-on-one lessons with top make-up professionals.All of our classes and workshops are designed to meet your skill level.
Dedicated to small classes with individual attention to artistic detail, EFX gives students the necessary training in the techniques, hands-on training, historical perspective, and modern approach for the new professional makeup artists that designers, directors, and producers are eager to work with. Students also receive a full professional makeup kit and brushes.
Our objective is to provide students with the essential skills to become beauty make-up artists, by combining basic principles and theories of make-up artistry. Student's will begin learn make-up techniques for fashion, print, film and television.
CMC School, Yucatan - Color Reading / Chromatology Workshop
Courses / Programs
Psychic ability practitioners, medical professionals & color therapy healing enthusiasts living in California may be interested in this unique short program in Mexico:
• Develop your psychic ability with Divination through color in the abundantly colorful and spectacularly scenic state of Yucatan in Mexico!
• Chromatology or Chromatics is the study of color, and at CMC School in Yucatan, we offer an exciting and highly educational chromatology, divination & color reading workshop (taught entirely in English) to develop your psychic ability and enable you to make color readings.
• Today, color therapy (also known as chromotherapy) is used extensively by interior designers, fashion designers, beauty therapists, holistic and healing therapists, doctors, mediums, and artists to enhance the power of color and color combinations.
• CMC School is owned by U.S. citizens from Texas, and we are excited to welcome tourists and alternative adventure travelers to our new destination workshop in Progreso Beach, a tranquil & picturesque location just 30 minutes north of the city of Merida (renowned in many articles for its safety, architecture, food and voted the #1 place to retire in Forbes Magazine!).
• Our programs appeal to professionals, therapists, vacation seekers & travelers from the neighboring border states of CA, TX, AZ and NM, from across the U.S., local students from Mexico, as well as international students from Europe, Latin America, The Caribbean, and around the globe.
San Jose State University School of Art and Design, CA, offers some of the nation’s highest quality and yet most affordable and accessible programs in art and design fields. With over 1900 students and nearly one hundred faculty and staff members, the School of Art and Design provides programs at Bachelor & Masters degree levels in fields that include animation/illustration, digital media art, industrial, interior, and graphic design, photography, spatial and pictorial art, as well as art education and art history.
We offer high-quality, hands-on programs in the arts that prepare students to be lifelong learners and skilled critical thinkers. Active in their respective fields, our faculty bring extensive knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm to the classroom.
SJSU provides internship and employment opportunities for graduates with many of the nation’s leading entertainment and artistic technology companies. Works by student and recent graduates have recently won awards the National Housewares Competition as well as film and animation festivals internationally. They have been included in the Whitney Biennial and other fine arts invitationals.