Find makeup artist training in Bay Area CA: Makeup classes in San Jose for beginners & beauty industry professionals. Airbrush makeup courses & beauty industry training in Los Gatos, Santa Clara County.
The Academy of Cosmetic Arts: Situated in San Jose, Santa Clara County in Northern California, The Academy of Cosmetic Arts Professional Makeup Artist School offers specialized make-up artist Certificate programs. Our training program is the first and only program of its kind in the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern CA. The Academy of Cosmetic Arts provides students with the knowledge and advanced skills required for the transition from cosmetic or college level programs to professional organizations and careers.
8-Week Cosmetic Arts Certificate Program: The Academy certificate program offers 8 workshops on a once-a-week basis. Workshops are approximately three hours long and normally run in the evening. Scheduling may vary depending on the instructor's needs. The curriculum is designed to give an intense study of each area of the profession, providing a range of makeup and fashion styling artistry from which to choose special areas of interest.
Each class is limited to six students who in turn become the 'Academy of Cosmetic Arts Make-up Crew' as advertised in the Reel Directory and Film Commission. Production companies provide intern-ships which are non-paying and are offered only upon availability through the Academy of Cosmetic Arts. Participation in internship activities is highly encouraged but not required.
Our curriculum includes: - Make-up Design Workshop: Creation and design of 'In' styles and up-to-date make-up looks for eyes and lips. A great how-to class.
- Airbrush Make-up Workshop: Special training in the field of make-up for high fashion and commercial photography. This workshop also covers brides and formal occasion looks.
- Fashion Show Makeup Workshop: Internship prep class. An exciting class with emphasis on make-up for stage and ramp models. - Corporate Styling Workshop: Marketing the total look for business executives. - Television and Film Techniques Workshop: Learn the many techniques for hi-def redcam, 3-d, and an intense study of special effects for film.
- Internships: - Internships on independent & feature films offered upon availability with master classes in on-location work. Individual Goal: Developing 'hands on' experience and a professional portfolio for presentation to prospective clients.
Certification: A certificate or proof of training is granted to each student, signed by the instructor, upon completion of the program. This is not a cosmetology license. Please note: the Academy is not responsible for the employment for its graduates and is not a job placement agency.
• Gain spray tan certification in California or online with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - we offer the longest-running spray tan classes in the world!
• Aviva provides onsite spray tan certification programs in Los Angeles and San Diego in Southern California and San Francisco in the Bay Area.
• In each city, our spray tanning training takes place in a leading hotel.
• We also offer convenient, short and comprehensive online spray tan certification programs to beauty professionals and complete beginners based in California and nationwide.
• On completion of your course, you receive a Certificate.
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our students are those who are looking to add sunless tanning certification to their beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, want to host mobile spray tan parties, or improve the profitability of their current spray tanning business.
• We offer in-class spray tan training in a host of other venues throughout the U.S. & Canada, including Las Vegas & Reno NV, NYC, Boston MA, Houston & Dallas TX.
Student Review: "I had taken several online courses and what set Aviva's apart for me was the in-depth demonstration of spraying technique. It completely changed my game up 100%.
I would recommend Aviva to others because they are amazing at what they do. They are leaders in this business and simply the best."
• Sophia Rocha, Owner, Golden Glow Studio Mobile Spray Tanning Services, Long Beach CA
Located in Culver City, just 10 minutes south of Downtown Los Angeles CA, the All About FACE Academy is a leader in hands-on Professional Makeup Training.
Makeup artists are in demand like never before. The All About FACE Academy is a private makeup school that specializes in precise and extensive training in the areas of Professional Makeup Design, with Beginner & Master courses including Beauty Makeup, Makeup Tools, Teen Beauty, and more.
Our students gain the education & skill that it takes to become a successful Makeup Artist for Film/TV (Including HD), Bridal, Runway, Editorial & Commercial Print. Students learn specific techniques & proper makeup application for every skin type & for every ethnicity.
Students also learn Wardrobe Styling and Hair Styling. We focus on teaching techniques that are sure to take our students to great heights.
We’re proud to develop true artists with great skills & magnificent craftsmanship. Here at AAF Academy, we are committed to each & every student as we give personal attention while providing hands-on training. We take extreme pride in our educational program.
Professional Makeup Artist Training Certification Programs:
- Advanced Blush Application
- Advanced Bridal Beauty
- Beauty Business 101
- Beauty Makeup
- Eyeliner Techniques
- Foundation Matching, Highlighting/Contouring
- Hair Styling 101
- Lash Application (Strips & Lash Tabs)
- Lash Extension Course
- Makeup for Fashion
- Makeup for Photography, Film & TV including Hi-Def
- Portfolio Development
- Proper Lip Application for Day & Evening
- Pro Smokey Eyes
- Red Carpet Glam
- The Art of Special Effects Makeup
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print, Los Angeles
Courses / Programs
Located in Hollywood, just north-west of Downtown Los Angeles, MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is the creation of world-renowned makeup artist and author Margaret Kimura. MKC Academy provides a unique experience for novices, students and professionals who want a makeup school to help them excel in in the beauty makeup industry, in Fashion, Film, Television, Runway and Print.
Known for excellence, MKC Academy, a State of California-approved institution, offers makeup courses in beauty, special FX makeup, fantasy, avante garde and airbrushing. MKC also offers a Hair Styling School with courses in celebrity and print hair styling for fashion, runway and television.
Ideally situated in the heart of the entertainment industry of Hollywood on Seneca Avenue (just off Glendale Boulevard and close to the Golden State Freeway), MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is just a short drive from Universal Studios, Warner Bros., Disney Studios and the world-famous Hollywood sign, and within easy reach of neighborhoods such as West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Oakwood, Burbank, Pasadena and Alhambra.
- The Works-Makeup & Hair program (504 clock hours)
- Master's Makeup Artistry program (343 clock hours)
- Professional Makeup Artistry program (147 clock hours)
- Professional Hairstyling program (140 clock hours)
- Short Makeup Courses
- Short Hair Styling Courses
- Makeup Workshops
- MKC Internship Program
CMC School, Yucatan - Color Reading / Chromatology Workshop
Courses / Programs
Psychic ability practitioners, medical professionals & color therapy healing enthusiasts living in California may be interested in this unique short program in Mexico:
• Develop your psychic ability with Divination through color in the abundantly colorful and spectacularly scenic state of Yucatan in Mexico!
• Chromatology or Chromatics is the study of color, and at CMC School in Yucatan, we offer an exciting and highly educational chromatology, divination & color reading workshop (taught entirely in English) to develop your psychic ability and enable you to make color readings.
• Today, color therapy (also known as chromotherapy) is used extensively by interior designers, fashion designers, beauty therapists, holistic and healing therapists, doctors, mediums, and artists to enhance the power of color and color combinations.
• CMC School is owned by U.S. citizens from Texas, and we are excited to welcome tourists and alternative adventure travelers to our new destination workshop in Progreso Beach, a tranquil & picturesque location just 30 minutes north of the city of Merida (renowned in many articles for its safety, architecture, food and voted the #1 place to retire in Forbes Magazine!).
• Our programs appeal to professionals, therapists, vacation seekers & travelers from the neighboring border states of CA, TX, AZ and NM, from across the U.S., local students from Mexico, as well as international students from Europe, Latin America, The Caribbean, and around the globe.
Elisa Eliot is an acting coach and industry coach in Santa Monica, Los Angeles and Palo Alto in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. I offer private acting lessons, group acting classes, industry consultation and on-set coaching, to beginners, professionals, children and adults. In addition to giving you the tools and techniques to become a better actor, I will also apply my experience in the industry to help you market yourself, network successfully, and book the roles you want.
My one-on-one coaching sessions are great if you are just starting out, preparing for an audition, or just want to fine-tune your skills. My acting classes are always small and give you an intimate opportunity to work with and learn from other talented actors while still benefiting from my one-on-one coaching. My goal is to give you the personal attention, acting techniques and career guidance that you need to reach your full potential as an actor.