International schools in Johannesburg: Private high schools in South Africa, international secondary school offering Cambridge IGCSE, O-levels & A-levels, private education for boys & girls in Jo'burg, Gauteng Province.
Charter College, Johannesburg: Charter College is a private Cambridge-registered high school in Roodepoort in Johannesburg, Gauteng, offering Grade 8 to AS-Levels. We are also a registered Cambridge International Examination Centre. We follow the Cambridge curriculum. Students undertake their IGCSE / O-levels in Year 10 / 11 and complete their AS / A-levels in Years 11 and 12. We do not offer a South African NSC (Matric). We provide small classes and high academic standards, as well as a selection of sports and extra-curricular activities. The college offers an international education and selected sports facilities in a peaceful natural environment.
Charter College is situated in Honeydew on Johan Road, only 1.7 km from Beyers Naude Drive and with easy access from main commuter routes.
Charter College is registered as an independent school with the Department of Education. Each class has a maximum of 24 pupils. Charter College follows a three-term calendar similar to that proposed by the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa.
Charter College provides students with a progressive and forward thinking education within a disciplined and structured environment. It is our belief that manners and respect go hand in hand with academic and sporting endeavour.
Our motto is “Ad vitum paramus” meaning “Preparing for life”.
High School Education Programs for Grade 8 to AS-Levels:
- IGCSE / O-levels are completed in Year 10 / 11 and AS / A-levels are completed in Years 11 and 12.
- Charter College offers a broad range of subjects that cover all areas of the National Curriculum.
- Registration as a Cambridge International Examinations Centre has been awarded and selected Cambridge qualifications including Cambridge A5 Levels (Matric) are available to the students.
- All learning areas are comprehensively represented and specialised subject choices are available from Grade 10 onwards.
- Selected sports are offered in association with Panorama Sports Club.
High Academic Standard:
The academic standard is challenging, but not beyond an average student who is prepared to work hard. Please note that this is not an “easy Matric” option, the standard of education is high and requires a significant level of academic and personal maturity from the students. Cambridge A / AS levels are accepted by all international and local universities for enrolment purposes. The exams are set, marked and moderated by Cambridge and all qualifications are awarded by them.
Charter College has a formal uniform policy that includes blazers for all students as well as straw boaters for girls and school caps for boys. The uniform is available from Student School and Sports Wear in Randpark Ridge.
International Pre-University College, Johannesburg
Courses / Programs
Located in Randburg, just 15km North of downtown Johannesburg, The Pre-University College is a University of Cambridge International Examinations Centre (and boarding school) that offers IGCSE, AS and A Level courses to domestic and international students. We admit students from Grade 8 onwards.
We also provide Cambridge International Certificate for Teachers and Trainers (CICTT) and Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers (CIDTT).
We offer a unique educational experience and a packed academic program which provides students with skills, direction and qualifications that allow our students to beat the high university drop-out rate. The focus of the school is to develop learners who have strong academic ability. The College prides itself on excellence while providing an affordable, relevant and rigorous education.
The college is unique as it continues to attract students from many different countries and backgrounds. This has become possible due to the fact that we can provide boarding for students; our homestay program has grown into a unique and up-market facility.
Cambridge International GCSE Courses:
- Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international curriculum for 14-16 year olds, leading to globally recognised and valued Cambridge IGCSE qualifications. It is part of the Cambridge Secondary 2 stage.
Cambridge International AS and A Levels:
- Cambridge International AS and A Levels are internationally benchmarked qualifications providing excellent preparation for university education.
Located in the north of Krugersdorp, just a few kilometers north of Roodepoort, Alma Mater International School is a co-educational private school that offers Pre-Primary, Primary and High-School programs from Early Childhood to A Levels for domestic and international students.The language of instruction is English; with Afrikaans classes available for Grades 0-3. Our curriculum follows the Cambridge International Education (CIE) model, with standardized Cambridge examinations including the IGCSE, and Cambridge International AS and A Level programs.
CIE is part of the Cambridge Assessment Group (formerly known as UCLES) which has developed and promoted qualifications around the world for almost 150 years. CIE is part of the world–renowned University of Cambridge.
Co-educational School from Early Childhood to Grade 13/A Levels:
- Pre-Primary School Program (Early Childhood levels)
- Primary School Program (Grades 1-7)
- High School (Grades 8-12)
- Cambridge International Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- Cambridge International AS & A-level courses
- Sixth Form (Grade 13/A Levels)
Star College located in Pretoria in the north of Gauteng Province, approximately 65 km north of Johannesburg. Star College is a newly established English-speaking primary and secondary school with an international flavour, contributing to our high academic standards. We provide both local and international students with a disciplined, positive learning experience with a personalized academic approach.
We follow the Curriculum of the South African Department of Education, with an in depth focus on mathematics, science and computer technology, providing students with a higher level of academic excellence.
We create a school culture that is built on success, respect, and accountability. The founders of our school recognize that the success of students is dependent upon the school's ability to create a culture that fosters meaningful, sustained relationships between teachers, students, and parents and holds all stakeholders responsible for outcomes.
To further improve the quality and standard of education at our school, Star College has highly qualified foreign teachers for teaching Maths, Science and Computer Technology.
• Hanbridge Mandarin offers summer Chinese language immersion programs in the vibrant city of Shenzhen in Guangdong Province in Southern China.
• Our 10-day summer camp programs are designed for kids, teens, and young adults ages 8-25 and their families. We offer day camp options, Chinese homestay camp options, and more.
• Our camp classes are run by native speakers with excellent bilingual ability. Teachers are patient, loving and excited to teach your kids
• Our aim is to give participants from around the world an authentic experience that will develop their love of learning Chinese.
• We also have a language center in Chengdu, the capital of southwestern China's Sichuan Province, situated 4 and a half hours north-west of Chongqing.
• We also offer general summer Mandarin courses and vacation programs for adults, seniors & travel groups.
Parent Testimonial: "My child is 5 years old, and learned Chinese in Hanbridge Mandarin. She didn't know any Chinese at first, now she can talk about fruit and colors in Chinese. Sometimes she sings Chinese songs to me, I'm so happy to see her progress!" - Jennifer
We are an acclaimed Pre & Primary Private School in Cape Town. Our goal at Synergy Schooling is to create a schooling experience where children, teachers and families feel at home and are welcome partners in an on-going exchange of ideas and dialogue. The school consciously encourages the construction of shared meanings between children, parents and the broader community.
We facilitate environments where culture is not learnt but created. In our South African context, this offers an exciting paradigm for the understanding and growth of an emerging non-racist culture. To achieve that, we place dialogue, communication and relationship skills at the heart of what we do.
Grayston Preparatory is located at Corner North Road and Gillard Street, Sandown, Sandton, Johannesburg in South Africa. The inclusive curriculum at Grayston Preparatory ensures that your child will receive an education of genuine quality. The development of self-confidence and self-esteem is of crucial importance. Problem solving, critical thinking, decision making and life skills are key components of the academic strategies, preparing your child for the road ahead. We offer a preparatory school program for ages 5 - 13 years and provide a child-focused educational package based on the individual needs of the learner. We also offer English support for non-English speaking families. Grayston Preparatory School proudly goes forward, “Holding the Hand that Holds the Future”.