Catholic schools in Fort Worth, TX: Private schools in Tarrant County. Independent elementary & middle school in Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area. Preschool & early childhood education programs in the DFW metroplex.
Our Mother of Mercy Catholic School: Our Mother of Mercy is a coed Roman Catholic private school located in south-east Fort Worth, Texas. The school serves families with students in pre-kindergarten through the eighth grade who are committed to a positive attitude toward learning and the practice of the Christian Faith.
Our Mother of Mercy Catholic School serves families with students in pre-kindergarten through to the eighth grade who are committed to a positive attitude toward learning and the practice of the Catholic Faith.
We practice two main concepts in order to provide a true education:
- Educating the Mind: Knowledge is power - it is our belief that education is the foundation for a successful life. Today, our world is a very competitive environment. To succeed in this competitive world Knowledge is Power. It is extremely important that your child’s education provides the essential foundation for their future success in this world.
While your child is at Our Mother of Mercy our objective is to prepare him or her with the skills required to be successful at the high school level. Consequently, we have High Expectations of our teachers, your child and especially you in providing the teamwork that is needed to achieve this objective of preparing your child for being One Step Closer to College and their ultimate success in this world.
- Educating the Soul: Providing a Christ-centered quality education. Religious education and formation are offered to all students on a daily basis. Prayer, Catholic traditions, service to others, and values formation are integrated throughout the curriculum. The students participate in weekly community worship. Respect and service to others in the community is fostered in the students through participation in service projects adopted by each grade.
The Highlands School, located in Irving (15 minutes west of downtown Dallas), Texas, is a fully accredited, private, Catholic, college preparatory, school offering grades PK–12. The rigorous college preparatory program of sciences, history, mathematics, literature, religion, and philosophy prepares students for the college or university of their choice. Students are guided in their study through lectures, small seminars, and laboratory work. The Highlands School embraces personalized attention with dedicated faculty in the Pre-K through twelfth grades.
The Highlands School was founded in 1986 and in 1999 became a fully accredited Catholic School by the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools in 2006 (SACS).
Situated in Pearland in Brazoria County TX, Crossing Borders provides quality Spanish and Mandarin bilingual preschool programs for toddlers and young children (ages 2-5 years). Our Spanish & Mandarin immersion programs run for 2, 3, or 5 days a week. All options are full-day programs.
Children in our preschool programs learn through age-appropriate music, games, and activities. Most importantly, they have fun and love these classes!
Children taking part in our language immersion programs enjoy the best of both worlds: bilingualism and high-quality education. They participate in traditional preschool activities with a teacher who delivers the majority of instruction in the target language with minimal English support.
Your child learns their target language in the natural way, picking up words and phrases as they participate in fun and engaging activities.
We also have learning centers in south-central Houston (Rice Village), Katy (West Houston) and Spring / The Woodlands (North Houston).
Parent Testimonial: “Great teacher very thorough and willing to teach my son. He is very happy to come to her class and he's learning much more than our expectations. We are happy with the results.” - Benny
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Saint Joseph Academy is a Roman Catholic co-educational college-preparatory school owned and operated by the Marist Brothers of the Schools and offering programs for students in Grades 7-12. In addition to college prep SAT and ACT, honors and advanced placement courses we provide the Champagnat Learning Center, a program that addresses the needs of those students who have been identified as having learning disabilities, have passed the Saint Joseph Academy entrance exam, and who also have the ability to meet the demands of a rigorous college preparatory education.
Founded in 1865, Saint Joseph Academy is an important part of the southernmost tip of Texas community. Serving the children of the lower Rio Grande Valley, Saint Joseph Academy endeavors to form young men and women who will succeed in university studies. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools as well as the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department, and holds memberships in the National Association for College Admission Counseling and the Texas Association for College Admission Counseling.
- Programs from grade 7 to 12
- Middle School
- Upper School
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, business, computer science, fine arts, mathematics, physical education, religious studies, science, social studies
- Honors and Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Learning Center for talented students with learning disabilities
- Special English Courses for new students with limited English language skills
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Dance Center offers dance classes in pre-ballet, ballet, jazz, jazz combo, teenage ballet and hip-hop to children of three years upwards, teenagers and adults. Dance Center has been serving students of all ages and levels in the lower Rio Grande Valley since 2004. Dance Center was founded by Nancy Houston Filizola, with the goal of building a thriving dance school with a focus on technique, tradition and the love of dance.
Today, Dance Center is well known for its fun, endearing combo classes for the very young, the strong and successful Youth Developmental Dance Program based on Dance Masters of America syllabus, its award winning Competitive Dance Companies, and the world renowned Performance Awards program in affiliation with The American Academy of Ballet. Recreational students as well as students seeking professional careers in dance, receive professional instruction by highly trained instructors, passionate about teaching and dance.
- Dance Classes in pre-ballet, ballet, jazz, jazz combo, teenage ballet and hip-hop for children of three years upwards and teenagers
- Youth Developmental Dance Program based on Dance Masters of America syllabus
- Performance Awards program in affiliation with the American Academy of Ballet
- Dancing competitions
- We also offer programs for adults
Give your child the best possible start in swimming by enrolling him or her in one of Emler Swim School's award-winning classes. Situated in North Dallas TX, Emler Swim School - Dallas provides a range of swimming courses for children ages 0 and up. We also provide adult lessons.
Because we know you expect the best for your child, we hold our swim teachers to the highest standards.
We keep classes small, and this ensures that our teachers give each child individual attention, and allow adequate time to gain an understanding of each child’s skills, personality, and learning style.
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Kenmont Montessori School is an independent, non-denominational school serving over 300 students 18 months through 6th grade. Kenmont is designed to attract and benefit parents and students who have an interest in the Montessori educational design. Our toddler, primary and elementary programs are based on the Montessori method.
The Montessori child is a motivated doer, rather than empty vessel. The Montessori child learns through self-instigated actions on his environment. The academic curriculum is composed of three components; presentation of concepts, review of basic skills, and research. As part of our programs we also use the MicroSociety model.
Students in grades 4th, 5th and 6th grade participate weekly in this simulated society where learning experiences are authentic and interconnected to the real world. By following the guiding principles of the MicroSociety organization, student are able to find meaning and relevance in their environment. Kenmont Montessori School is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Programs for children from 18 months through 6th grade
- Montessori curriculum including math, reading, literature, grammar, geography, history, science and writing
- MicroSociety Model where learning experiences are authentic and interconnected to the real world
- Toddler Program (18 months - 3 years)
- Primary Program (3 - 6 years)
- Elementary Program (1st - 6th grades)