Private schools in Brownsville, TX: High school, private elementary schools, middle schools, preschools Brownsville, child care services, day care centers, after school programs, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools, Christian schools in Cameron County, TX..
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, the Episcopal Day School to provide the highest quality education in a Christian environment. For sixty years our goal has been to provide an enriched and challenging educational experience to children from prekindergarten through 6th grade.
The Episcopal Day School strives to provide each child with a superior academic education. We believe this is best achieved when children have the opportunity to acquire a solid foundation in the core academic subjects of English Language Arts, mathematics, science and social studies with enrichment courses in music, Spanish, and computer.
We provide challenging learning experiences to help our students transfer and apply the knowledge and skills they acquire to new problems and situations they encounter. Our students are encouraged to compete in a number of academic competitions such as spelling bee and science fair. The Episcopal Day School is fully accredited by the Southwest Association of Episcopal Schools (SAES) and the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC,) a division of the Texas Education Agency.
- Programs from kindergarten through 6th grade
- Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Programs
- Elementary School
- Before and After School Programs
- Curriculum with English Language Arts, math, social studies and science
- Enrichment Programs include Spanish, Nature Trail, computer, music, physical education
- Summer Programs
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Saint Joseph Academy is a Roman Catholic co-educational college-preparatory school owned and operated by the Marist Brothers of the Schools and offering programs for students in Grades 7-12. In addition to college prep SAT and ACT, honors and advanced placement courses we provide the Champagnat Learning Center, a program that addresses the needs of those students who have been identified as having learning disabilities, have passed the Saint Joseph Academy entrance exam, and who also have the ability to meet the demands of a rigorous college preparatory education.
Founded in 1865, Saint Joseph Academy is an important part of the southernmost tip of Texas community. Serving the children of the lower Rio Grande Valley, Saint Joseph Academy endeavors to form young men and women who will succeed in university studies. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools as well as the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department, and holds memberships in the National Association for College Admission Counseling and the Texas Association for College Admission Counseling.
- Programs from grade 7 to 12
- Middle School
- Upper School
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, business, computer science, fine arts, mathematics, physical education, religious studies, science, social studies
- Honors and Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Learning Center for talented students with learning disabilities
- Special English Courses for new students with limited English language skills
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Dance Center offers dance classes in pre-ballet, ballet, jazz, jazz combo, teenage ballet and hip-hop to children of three years upwards, teenagers and adults. Dance Center has been serving students of all ages and levels in the lower Rio Grande Valley since 2004. Dance Center was founded by Nancy Houston Filizola, with the goal of building a thriving dance school with a focus on technique, tradition and the love of dance.
Today, Dance Center is well known for its fun, endearing combo classes for the very young, the strong and successful Youth Developmental Dance Program based on Dance Masters of America syllabus, its award winning Competitive Dance Companies, and the world renowned Performance Awards program in affiliation with The American Academy of Ballet. Recreational students as well as students seeking professional careers in dance, receive professional instruction by highly trained instructors, passionate about teaching and dance.
- Dance Classes in pre-ballet, ballet, jazz, jazz combo, teenage ballet and hip-hop for children of three years upwards and teenagers
- Youth Developmental Dance Program based on Dance Masters of America syllabus
- Performance Awards program in affiliation with the American Academy of Ballet
- Dancing competitions
- We also offer programs for adults
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, St. Luke School is a Catholic elementary school serving students in pre-kindergarten through sixth grade. We offer an exciting elementary program with language arts, social studies, math, science, religion, music, technology, library and P.E. The school clearly is unique in that it provides a small school setting with a low teacher student ratio. Our highly qualified and trained teachers provide students an education based on high standards and expectations.
The goal of educating the whole child is realized with opportunities to become critical thinkers, problem solvers and active community members by participating in service and extracurricular activities throughout the year. St. Luke Catholic School is a fully accredited school in accordance to the guidelines of the Texas Catholic Conference Accreditation Commission (TCCED), which is recognized by the Texas Education Agency of the State of Texas.
- Programs from pre-kindergarten through 6th grade
- Elementary School Curriculum with language arts, social studies, math, science, religion
- Enrichment Programs include music, library, technology and P.E
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Kenmont Montessori School is an independent, non-denominational school serving over 300 students 18 months through 6th grade. Kenmont is designed to attract and benefit parents and students who have an interest in the Montessori educational design. Our toddler, primary and elementary programs are based on the Montessori method.
The Montessori child is a motivated doer, rather than empty vessel. The Montessori child learns through self-instigated actions on his environment. The academic curriculum is composed of three components; presentation of concepts, review of basic skills, and research. As part of our programs we also use the MicroSociety model.
Students in grades 4th, 5th and 6th grade participate weekly in this simulated society where learning experiences are authentic and interconnected to the real world. By following the guiding principles of the MicroSociety organization, student are able to find meaning and relevance in their environment. Kenmont Montessori School is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Programs for children from 18 months through 6th grade
- Montessori curriculum including math, reading, literature, grammar, geography, history, science and writing
- MicroSociety Model where learning experiences are authentic and interconnected to the real world
- Toddler Program (18 months - 3 years)
- Primary Program (3 - 6 years)
- Elementary Program (1st - 6th grades)