Private Schools in Texas: Montessori schools in Brownsville, preschools in Cameron County, private elementary school, child care center, daycare service for toddlers, early childhood education, kindergarten
Kenmont Montessori School: Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Kenmont Montessori School is an independent, non- denominational school serving over 300 students 18 months through 6th grade. Kenmont is designed to attract and benefit parents and students who have an interest in the Montessori educational design. Our toddler, primary and elementary programs are based on the Montessori method. The Montessori child is a motivated doer, rather than empty vessel. The Montessori child learns through self-instigated actions on his environment. The academic curriculum is composed of three components; presentation of concepts, review of basic skills, and research.
As part of our programs we also use the MicroSociety model. Students in grades 4th, 5th and 6th grade participate weekly in this simulated society were learning experiences are authentic and interconnected to the real world. By following the guiding principles of the MicroSociety organization, student are able to find meaning and relevance in their environment. At Kenmont, students learn about people different from themselves and about equity and fairness in their classrooms. These are the lessons that stay with them into adulthood.
Brownsville is the principal city of the Brownsville–Harlingen Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is part of the larger Brownsville–Harlingen–Raymondville Combined Statistical Area.
San Antonio Academy is a non-profit, non-denominational, tax-exempt elementary school for boys in pre-kindergarten through to grade eight in San Antonio, Bexar County, TX. Established in 1886, San Antonio Academy is one of only 16 all-boys independent elementary schools in the nation, and the only one of its kind in Texas. We admit students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
San Antonio Academy is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS), and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
We offer small classes with an average of 16-17 boys per academic section, and an enrolment of 340 boys. We have a 10:1 student - teacher ratio. Our highly committed, hard-working faculty and staff take pride in offering a challenging curriculum and in providing individual attention to all students.
San Antonio Academy offers an exceptional academic program for Pre-K - Grade 8 that features a quality learning environment, a family-like atmosphere, the development of a positive self-image and a foundation for life, based upon the love of God and country, integrity and respect for each other.
• Conveniently situated in the Rice Village area of south-central Houston TX, close to Downtown, Crossing Borders provides quality bilingual preschool programs for toddlers up to kindergarten age children (18 months - 5 years).
• Spanish & English classes are available for kids ages 1-5, while French and Chinese classes are available for potty-trained children ages 3-5.
• We offer full immersion preschool programs for non-native speakers as well as native speakers. Children as young as 18-months-old are immersed in our language programs where they learn in a nurturing environment.
• Our curriculum is designed to immerse children in a different language in an organic way using games, songs, activities, to help them participate, understand, and speak the new language.
• Our academic curriculum is advanced, and challenges our students to learn subjects (Math, Science, Art, etc.) in a second language, becoming bilingual.
• All of our teachers are native speakers who are devoted into developing their students to become independent so they are prepared for their future. Our curriculum is flexible, offering parents full-time and part-time school times (2 ,3 & 5 days) as well as before and after care.
Parent Review: "Simply said, we love Crossing Borders. Started with 2 days a week, for my almost 2 year old son, and immediately noticed tremendous growth in both Spanish language comprehension and other skills. Ms Joselyn is a wonderful teacher. We are changing to 5 days a week. - Stephanie
Bilingual Preschool Programs for toddlers to kindergarten kids ages 18 months - 5 years:
• Spanish Immersion Preschool (ages 1-5)
• Spanish Kindergarten Program for 5 year olds
• Mandarin Chinese Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• French Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• English Immersion (18-months to 5 years)
• English for Toddlers
• English Preschool (for kids ages 2-3)
• After-School Child Care / Enrichment Program
• Spanish Summer Camps
• English Summer Camps
Parents can choose to send their child for 2, 3, or 5 days a week.
Located in McKinney, Collin County, Texas, McKinney Christian Academy is a Christian, interdenominational, college preparatory, coeducational, independent, nonproft PreK-4 through grade 12 school. It is the only one of its kind in McKinney and draws students from numerous North Texas communities. MCA was founded to work in concert with Christian families but also to ensure that students receive a rigorous, college preparatory curriculum that will prepare them for the college or university of their choice.
We offer prekindergarten, kindergarten, lower and upper school programs with college prep courses PSAT, PLAN, SAT and ACT, honors and advanced placement courses. We also offer an extensive fine arts and athletics programs. McKinney Christian Academy is committed to a biblically-based philosophy of education which integrates Christian principles and scriptural truths into the academic, athletic, and social programs of every student. MCA is accredited through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Programs from PreK-4 through 12th grade
- Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Program
- Lower School
- Upper School
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English & Literature, math, science, social studies, foreign languages, fine arts, athletics and a wide range of electives
- College Preparation Courses PSAT, PLAN, SAT and ACT
- Honors and Advanced Placement Courses
Little Angels Playhouse Child Development Centers / Day Care, Houston
Courses / Programs
Since 1994, the founder of Little Angels Playhouse has been providing excellence in educational early childhood development and has created one of the leading daycare centers in The Woodlands / Spring / 1488 Magnolia Texas areas, about 20 miles north of Houston, TX. At Little Angels Playhouse, we offer full-time and part-time programs, drop in care, mom's day out programs, Spanish immersion programs, dance classes and little picassos classes. There is also after hours care available at our centers.
In our three centers in Spring, Woodlands and 1488 Magnolia, Ms. Morales and her staff encourage the children's mental and emotional development as well as meeting their physical needs. With her devotion and passion to training and development of staff, Mrs. Morales has created an exceptional haven where children and families can feel safe and welcome.
Located in north-west Houston TX, just 10 minutes from the city center, The Journey School of Houston provides inclusive education to meet the needs of the whole child.
We offer therapeutic programs to students from age 5 through to 8th Grade. Our personalized curriculum supports individual growth in order for each child to succeed and live with intention.
Many of the students we serve are gifted, talented, twice-exceptional with anxiety, ADHD, ADD, OCD, Asperger's, social-emotional delays or have been through a trauma which interferes in life and school.
We offer a therapeutic setting in which students can develop adaptive social practices and unique problem solving approaches, students can discover their true potential and joy.
Silicon Drive Family Center (SDFC) is an early childhood education / day care center for infants through to preschoolers in San Antonio, Bexar County, TX. Silicon Drive Family Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Our accreditation by NAEYC shows that our program meets the 10 NAEYC early childhood program standards.
Our center provides excellent teacher / child ratios (Infants, 1:4; Toddler I, 1:4; Toddler II, 1:6 & Preschool, 1:10). Our curriculum results in a collaborative relationship between teacher & family to promote emotional, social, physical, and cognitive development.
It is our mission to provide the highest quality early childhood education for each child. Our goal is to be distinguished as a quality early childhood program. We strive to maintain developmentally appropriate practices in each classroom and ensure that each child’s physical and emotional needs are met.
We believe that families and our early childhood professionals are partners in promoting a child’s growth and development. We place a very high value on our teachers and encourage the promotion of their professional development and growth.