EduKick Manchester – Football & Education Courses:
EduKick Manchester – Football & Education Courses offers academic year-long and half-academic year soccer boarding programs in Manchester, North West England. Available to competitive soccer players (boys and girls) ages 13 years and older, our programs combine high-quality daily football coaching with academic studies.
EduKick Manchester – Football & Education Courses:
Academic Year-long Football Studies Program:
The EduKick Manchester Year-long Football Studies program is 35 weeks of accommodation, football training and academic study consisting of three academic terms with two vacation breaks.
Short-term Soccer Boarding Programs:
* 1/2 Academic Year Football Program
* Monthly Football Camp
* Weekly Football Camp
* English as a Second Language (ESL) included in all programs
Professional Soccer Training:
At EduKick Manchester, our professional soccer coaches work with players on every aspect of their training. The daily training sessions take place each afternoon at the EduKick Manchester training facility.
We aim to ensure that each player develops the physical, technical, tactical and mental foundation required for optimum performance during trial opportunities and matches in front of professional club scouts and coaches.
This is accomplished through training in advanced strength and conditioning techniques, uniquely integrated with mental, nutritional and sports medical principles, all enhanced by the environment and high tech facilities.
Features of the EduKick Manchester Year-Long Course include:
- Personal Fitness Programme: Each student, after initial assessment in week one, will be set a Personal Fitness Programme to develop their aerobic fitness and stamina along with strength and endurance.
Each week, students will receive a personal fitness tutorial, individually shaped to fit personal needs, setting weekly and monthly targets to develop the players’ fitness. These sessions will be conducted with the course leader. Throughout the week students will have several opportunities to work on their personal fitness plan.
- Weekly Competitive Friendly Matches: These fixtures allow the players the opportunity to put into practice the work they have done in training sessions, and are followed up with squad meetings to review performance and progression.
Students will play against professional and semi-professional club youth academy or development squads, or against local North West College teams whose coaches are also scouts for professional and semi-professional clubs.
- Professional Club Guest Coaching Sessions: EduKick Manchester has affiliations with many professional clubs in the North West of England, including Blackburn Rovers FC, Wigan Athletic FC, Burnley FC and Blackpool FC among others.
Each month the EduKick Manchester squad will receive two guest coaching sessions from professional club coaches. One session will take place at the EduKick Manchester Training complex and the second follow up session will take place at the facilities of the professional club.
- Open Trials: All EduKick Manchester participants are entered into open trial events that take place in the North West during the Winter, Spring and fall (Autumn) seasons.
We have carefully selected and partnered with a well-respected and ethically minded UK national scouting/trials organisation to give our participants the maximum opportunity to expose their talents in front of the invited professional & semi-professional club scouts & coaches.
- Fitness Training / Speed, Agility, Quickness: Sessions will include footwork and developing quick feet without the ball, co-ordination and awareness, anaerobic speed burst movements of the game and general aerobic fitness. During these sessions students will be taught the safe practices of training to assist in injury prevention.
- Football Coaching (Technical): Each week, the students will be coached not only in the complexities of the game but also the simple elements of the game to ensure individual improvement and performance. Practice makes perfect with every individual player.
- Football Coaching (Tactical): Each week, participants will work on the tactical side of their game together, looking at set plays, shape, movement, defending and attacking as a team and phase of play, using examples from games they have been involved in and the professional game in England.
- Stamina & Endurance Coaching: During these sessions and linking to the personal training plan, the students should develop fitness and strength to allow them to compete and increase their physical presence of the field.
- Individual Tutorials: Each student will meet with a senior EduKick staff member a minimum of twice per term. This procedure will ensure a happy stay and continued improvement in all aspects of the course and provides the perfect opportunity to obtain the specific and individual feedback necessary to ensure the welfare, safety and satisfaction off all EduKick students.
Sport/Football-Specific Add-on Qualifications:
Throughout the duration of the course, the students will have the opportunity to gain extra qualifications in sport and football.
These qualifications will include: FA Refereeing; FA Level 1 Football Coaching; First Aid; Child Protection Certificate.
Each student will be supported through these qualifications and guided as to the relevant level of qualification correct for them.
Academic Study Options:
EduKick Manchester students participating in the year-long or half-year programs are taught each morning (Monday to Friday from 9.00am – 1.00pm) at our own private school located in the centre of Manchester. There are four study options available:
- English language classes
- K12 - USA (grade 9-12)
- IGCSE courses
- BTEC Level 3 Sub Diploma in Sport (performance & exercise)
- English as a Second Language Program:
This course is suitable for all levels except beginners. Balanced lessons will be prepared for students, so they can take on one of the following examinations, dependent on level and personal objectives.
The personal course objectives of each student will be carefully defined on arrival and will be dependent on their initial level of English in all four language skills; speaking, listening, reading & writing.
- English Language Exams include:
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- Cambridge Preliminary English Test (PET)
- Cambridge Key English Test (KET)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) - an internationally-recognized system for testing English language skills in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) - an internationally-recognized qualification in English language proficiency for non-native speakers.
"Jye has had the most wonderful 6 months of his life and a very special thank you to all of the Edukick Madrid staff for caring and looking after our son so well.
This has given him the opportunity to embrace another culture whilst playing a sport he has loved from a very early age."
- Dyan & Steve - Parents of Jye (age 16), Australia
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.