Worth School, Turners Hill:
Located in Turners Hill, West Sussex, just 50 km from London, Worth School is a Benedictine (Catholic) boarding and day school catering for boys and girls between the ages of 11 and 18. Boarding Programmes are available for boys from Year 7 (age 11) upwards, and for girls as of Year 9 (age 13). Students who come to Worth have the opportunity to grow into young men and women who know what it means to belong and the importance of mutual respect and concern for others.
- The boarding experience at Worth aims to develop the academic, cultural and physical talents of each individual within a community which places the highest possible value on mutual respect and tolerance. Worth School caters for boys and girls aged 11-18. Boys as of year 7 and for girls as of year 9 can choose to board at Worth School.
- There are three boarding Houses for boys in Years 7 to 12: Butler, Rutherford and St Bede's; and one House for Year 13 boys: Gervase. Boarding (from Year 9) and day girls occupy the newly developed St Mary's House.
- Being a boarder enables students to make the most of the school’s facilities, many of which are open in the evenings. Our flexible weekend policy allows students either to go home after classes or sporting fixtures on a Saturday or to remain in school where a number of activities are offered. There is a thriving activity programme in place on Sundays and pupils are able to take part in a variety of pursuits from paintballing to quad-biking.
- Each boarding House has its own unique family atmosphere. In the lower Years, students share dormitories/rooms, whilst students in the Sixth Form have individual study bedrooms. Each House at Worth is run by a Housemaster or Housemistress, with the assistance of a dedicated team of Deputies, Tutors and House Matrons.
- Boarding Programmes for boys (ages 11+) and girls (Ages 13+)
- Day Programmes for boys and girls (ages 11-18)
- Lower School
- Middle School
- Senior School
- Sixth Form
- International Baccalaureate Programme
- Learning Support Classes
- English as an Additional Language (EAL)
Core subjects include mathematics, English, music, art, drama, French, geography, history, ICT, Latin, science and technology
Strong Community Values:
Worth is known for its strong community values, friendly atmosphere and the excellence of its all-round education. As a Benedictine Catholic school we encourage our pupils to develop their own individuality whilst living within a community that inspires learning, worship, friendship and service. If you are looking for a school in which your son or daughter will be able to achieve both academically and in other ways, you have found it in Worth.
There is a diverse and wide-ranging programme of events and activities outside the curriculum for students and Worth, both day and boarding. These opportunities occur throughout the week and at the weekend a social programme is offered, designed to offer a relaxing and reflective environment.
Weekends at Worth are designed to offer relaxation and reflection alongside trips to cultural places and activity centres. The students are also offered the opportunity to socialise with other local boarding schools at discos and formal dinner dances. Worship is central to the weekend schedule either on a Saturday night or a Sunday morning which is then followed by a full cooked brunch every Sunday.
- Tuck Trip to Tesco
- Go Karting
- Quad Biking
- Brands Hatch
- Ice Skating
- Tank Rides
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Turners Hill, Paddockhurst Road, West Sussex, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.