Boys boarding school in Virginia: Private boarding high school, college prep programs for boys. Residential education for students from Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, Richmond, Alexandria, Newport News, Chesapeake, Roanoke, MD, NC, WV, TN, KY, NY, CA, TX, FL..
Blue Ridge School: Blue Ridge School (BRS) is an all-boys, college preparatory, private boarding school for grades 9 through to 12. We are located 1 mile north-west of Dyke in Greene County in central Virginia in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our school is situated 20 miles north of downtown Charlottesville and approximately a 2.5 hour drive from both Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Virginia.
The Blue Ridge School is located one mile northwest of Dyke, Virginia, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The School is 30 minutes from downtown Charlottesville and about two hours from both Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Virginia.
Nearest Airports: - Charlottesville/Albermarle (15 miles)
- Washington Dulles International (99 miles)
- Richmond International (100 miles)
- Reagan National Airport (110 miles
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2016-11-19 were from:
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
Oak Hill Academy is a non-military, Baptist-affiliated, co-educational boarding / day high school that provides college preparatory education for Grades 8-12, for both domestic and international students.
Nestled in the centre of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, we are approximately 1.5 miles from the village of Mouth of Wilson, Grayson County, Virginia, 80 minutes drive west of Galax and 45 minutes south of Marion, VA. We are easily accessible from interstate 77.
At Oak Hill, 95% of graduates go on to college, and we are fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools. We accept year-round applications.
Since 1878, we have transformed the lives of hundreds of unmotivated students. Our safe, nurturing environment combines structure with self-reliance, and discipline with discovery. We offer challenging academics, small class sizes and attentive staff.
Our boarding school combines structure with self-reliance, discipline with discovery and a firm hand with a warm heart. Our curriculum challenges the brightest student and encourages those who are unmotivated or experiencing difficulty in their school setting.
The Madeira School is a girls' boarding school and day school, Grades 9–12, located 12 miles outside Washington, D.C. in McLean, Fairfax County, northern Virginia.
Designed for girls who are bright, curious, and independent, Madeira is committed to providing an exemplary college prepatory school education with with prep courses for PSAT, SAT and SAT II, summer and community programs as well as a global emphasis and a unique co-curriculum program offering off-campus internship opportunities for every student.
The six dormitories at Madeira accommodate girls from all over the world. Over half of our girls are boarders, and boarding life forms a vital and vibrant portion of life at Madeira.
Most boarders have roommates, and many continue to live with that roommate each year. Faculty and girls bring with them diverse ethnic, racial, religious, socio-economic, and cultural perspectives and share them in both academic and social settings.
Imagine the fun you will have getting to know girls from Bhutan, Mexico, Korea, Taiwan, Russia, Nigeria, and across the United States? Your character, interests, and culture are considered valuable assets that improve and enhance the overall community.
Founded in 1916, Virginia Episcopal School (VES) is a college preparatory, coeducational, independent boarding and day school for students in Grades 9-12 located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Lynchburg, Virginia and consisting of an intimate academic community of 200 students.
At VES, your friends will be from all over the country as well as the world! Our students represent eleven different states and eight foreign countries.
Our small student body allows us to maintain a tight-knit community of familiar faces. We maintain an average class size of 10-12 students, and the overall student-to-teacher ratio is 5:1. More than two-thirds of our students live on campus.
We are accredited by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS), Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE), National Association for Principles of Schools for Girls (NAPSG), and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS).
Boarding and Day Programs for boys and girls Grade 9-12:
- College preparatory curriculum with seven honors courses and seventeen advanced placement courses including English, science, mathematics, fine arts, foreign languages, history, computer science and religion
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Virginia and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located in Chatham, Pittsylvania County, southern Virginia, Hargrave Military Academy is a college preparatory secondary boy’s military boarding school for Grades 7-12 and one post graduate year with college prep SAT, ACT and AP courses.
Established in 1909, Hargrave has a long history of providing quality education to our students, not only in the classroom, but in the areas of character development, leadership, socially, spiritually and athletically.
The Academy provides a safe learning and boarding environment with modern dorm facilities, dining and infirmary services. The daily structure provides a higher level of accountability and responsibility that is not present today.
Hargrave maintains no military affiliation with the U.S. Military, U.S. Reserve Officer Training Programs (ROTC), or other military organizations. Hargrave maintains its own independent military program, which permits the Academy to provide leadership training geared toward individual development and academic success.
Hargrave Military Academy is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS).
Military Boarding Programs for boys in Grades 7-12 and Postgraduate Year:
- College Preparatory Curriculum with Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT, ACT
- Enhanced Learning Through Technology Program
- English as a Second Language Program
- International Students are welcome