Boys boarding school in Virginia: Private boarding high school, college prep programs for boys. Residential education for students from Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, Richmond, Alexandria, Newport News, Chesapeake, Roanoke, MD, NC, WV, TN, KY, NY, CA, TX, FL..
Blue Ridge School: Blue Ridge School (BRS) is an all-boys, college preparatory, private boarding school for grades 9 through to 12. We are located 1 mile north-west of Dyke in Greene County in central Virginia in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our school is situated 20 miles north of downtown Charlottesville and approximately a 2.5 hour drive from both Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Virginia.
The Blue Ridge School is located one mile northwest of Dyke, Virginia, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The School is 30 minutes from downtown Charlottesville and about two hours from both Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Virginia.
Nearest Airports: - Charlottesville/Albermarle (15 miles)
- Washington Dulles International (99 miles)
- Richmond International (100 miles)
- Reagan National Airport (110 miles
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2016-11-19 were from:
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
Oakland School is a small co-ed boarding and day school in Keswick, Albemarle County VA (just eleven miles east of Charlottesville) that enables children who have learning disabilities or organizational and study skills difficulties to reach their academic and personal potential.
Thanks to a success-oriented environment and time-tested methods, hundreds of Oakland students have successfully returned to mainstream education since the school's founding in 1950.
The combination of daily one-to-one instruction, an emphasis on basic skills including Oakland’s specialty of teaching reading, a highly-experienced and nurturing staff and a success-oriented environment has enabled scores of children to reach their academic and personal potential.
The school is located on the site of a former plantation in the rolling countryside of central Virginia. Oakland's peaceful country setting and nurturing environment allow for truly remarkable learning to occur.
House of Hope Maryland, located in Silver Spring, MD (just 6 miles north of Washington, D.C.), is a co-ed boarding school for troubled teens aged 13-17.
This 9-18 month program includes Bible-based spiritual counselling, a High School Diploma program, an Accelerated Christian Educational (ACE) program, and other features.
This “safe haven” will serve as an academic and spiritual refuge for teens suffering from the negative influences threatening their lives such as drugs, alcohol, the occult, gangs, as well as sexual, mental and emotional abuse.
Our mission at House of Hope Maryland is to offer hope, healing, and solutions for hurting teens by providing a safe, nurturing environment, structured education, Christian counseling and spiritual guidance.
Co-educational Boarding Program for Troubled Teens (Ages 13-17)
- 9 to 18-month program
- Bible-based, pastoral-style counseling
- High School Diploma program
- Accelerated Christian Educational (ACE) program
- Transferable credits
- Life Skills
- Non-resident Christian counseling and spiritual support
Located in Chatham, Pittsylvania County, southern Virginia, Hargrave Military Academy is a college preparatory secondary boy’s military boarding school for Grades 7-12 and one post graduate year with college prep SAT, ACT and AP courses.
Established in 1909, Hargrave has a long history of providing quality education to our students, not only in the classroom, but in the areas of character development, leadership, socially, spiritually and athletically.
The Academy provides a safe learning and boarding environment with modern dorm facilities, dining and infirmary services. The daily structure provides a higher level of accountability and responsibility that is not present today.
Hargrave maintains no military affiliation with the U.S. Military, U.S. Reserve Officer Training Programs (ROTC), or other military organizations. Hargrave maintains its own independent military program, which permits the Academy to provide leadership training geared toward individual development and academic success.
Hargrave Military Academy is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS).
Military Boarding Programs for boys in Grades 7-12 and Postgraduate Year:
- College Preparatory Curriculum with Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT, ACT
- Enhanced Learning Through Technology Program
- English as a Second Language Program
- International Students are welcome
Oak Hill Academy is a non-military, Baptist-affiliated, co-educational boarding / day high school that provides college preparatory education for Grades 8-12, for both domestic and international students.
Nestled in the centre of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, we are approximately 1.5 miles from the village of Mouth of Wilson, Grayson County, Virginia, 80 minutes drive west of Galax and 45 minutes south of Marion, VA. We are easily accessible from interstate 77.
At Oak Hill, 95% of graduates go on to college, and we are fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools. We accept year-round applications.
Since 1878, we have transformed the lives of hundreds of unmotivated students. Our safe, nurturing environment combines structure with self-reliance, and discipline with discovery. We offer challenging academics, small class sizes and attentive staff.
Our boarding school combines structure with self-reliance, discipline with discovery and a firm hand with a warm heart. Our curriculum challenges the brightest student and encourages those who are unmotivated or experiencing difficulty in their school setting.
St. Anne’s-Belfield School, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is an accredited, independent, day and boarding school offering Grades Pre-School - 12 (day), and Grades 9-12 (boarding).
Five-day and seven-day boarding options are available in Grades 9-12. A weekly chapel service, a competitive sports program, and a fine and performing arts program compliment the academic experience.
We at St. Anne's-Belfield School believe that the transmission of knowledge, the encouragement of curiosity, the development of rational thought, and the cultivation of responsible, honorable behavior are the great ends of education.
St. Anne’s-Belfield School is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS).
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.