Kwantlen Polytechnic University: Located in Vancouver, Canada, Kwantlen Polytechnic University is situated in Richmond, which is about 30 minutes south of the downtown core Kwantlen is the longest established CELTA centre on the west coast of Canada. Although we do not have a current CELTA offering, we have been running courses regularly since 1997, and we have an established team of Cambridge accredited trainers with substantial experience teaching English and training teachers both abroad and in Canada.
CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is the most widely recognized certification in the world for ESL teacher training. We offer both full-time and part-time CELTA courses.
Kwantlen offers longer CELTA courses that allow trainee teachers more time to develop the knowledge, skills and awareness to begin their careers: choose from 5-week full time courses or 12-week part-time courses. The CELTA course at Kwantlen is unique in offering an online module that gives trainees hands-on experience with an online learning environment.
Features of the CELTA course:
- a highly practical course with a concurrent practicum
- a low trainee/trainer ration (6:1) with each course limited to 12 participants
- a practicum which is guided, observed and assessed by the course trainer
- Cambridge-approved trainers with wide experience teaching both abroad and in Metro Vancouver
- two formats: 5-week (full-time) or 12-week (part-time) courses, both 160 hours plus.
- external moderation: every course inspected by an assessor from the University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate
- the internationally recognized teaching certificate (for successful candidates) from UCLES (University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate)
- graduates are eligible to apply for TESL Canada Professional Certification Standard
The International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC) is an accredited English language school and TESOL teacher training school with campuses in the centers of Toronto, Ontario and Vancouver, BC.
Our four-week International TESOL certificate program is offered to international students who want to go back to their country to teach or want an additional English achievement for their resume. This course includes 100 hours of instruction plus a mandatory 10-hour teaching practice (practicum).
Our four-week TESOL Diploma program is offered to native English speakers and non-native speakers who want to become language teachers in Canada and overseas. It includes 100 hours of instruction plus a mandatory 20-hour teaching practice (practicum).
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate & Diploma Programs:
- 4-week International TESOL Certificate Program
- 4-week TESOL Diploma Program
The hands-on experience you gain through our practice sessions will give you the confidence you need to win over a real classroom and create an environment that is nurturing, real and fulfilling, not only for your students, but for you, as teacher.
Conveniently located in Vancouver, BC, International House Career College is a leader in TESL, TEFL, TESOL and CELTA training.
We offer English language teacher training programs that are run by competent and creative TESL teacher training teams.
With over 50 years ELT experience, you are guaranteed instruction by the most highly qualified, experienced and dedicated professional TESL teacher trainers in Vancouver.
Our TESL trainees are provided with an excellent learning environment and individual, personal attention that will make your learning experience wonderful and unforgettable.
Our English language teacher training courses include teaching qualifications in TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language), TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), and CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults).
We also provide a practical online initial teacher training program, the first online course that meets the IH stamp of approval.
Centrally located in downtown Victoria BC, Inlingua Victoria provides an intensive 120-hour TESL / TEFL Teacher Training Diploma Program for students looking to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) at home or abroad. The program includes 100 hours of intensive and comprehensive ESL methodologies, lesson planning, resources and job search skills. Student teachers also complete 20-hours of hands on teaching with ESL students from around the world who are attending our English Language Programs in Victoria.
We invite you to become a part of a very special college. Flexible, dynamic, and lively learning to challenge and engage, we prepare our students for an ever changing, exciting world. With a long, proud history of innovation and excellence in language training, it is our pleasure to introduce you inlingua. We search the world for excellence in language training, facilities and teachers, bringing world class courses to our college.
Intensive 120-hour TEFL / TESL Teacher Training Diploma Program
- Theories and Methods – Overview of TESL
- Communicating effectively – Teaching Grammar
- Pronunciation to conversation – Teaching Listening & Speaking
- Literature and life – Teaching Reading
- Communicating creatively – Teaching Writing
- Designing an ESL curriculum
- Testing in ESL
- Making the classroom work – Class dynamics
- Finding your first ESL job
- Tutoring in ESL/EFL
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in Canada, USA, UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from Canada, USA, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counselling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more.
Earn an internationally-recognized and accredited TESOL / TEFL qualification online and teach English to speakers of other languages in your home country or abroad!
TEFL Training College offers online TESOL / TEFL certification programs to students in Canada, USA, UK, Australia and worldwide.
Studying online is an affordable and convenient way to achieve your TEFL / TESOL qualification to teach English abroad. You don't need to attend any classes and you can start your course whenever suits you - if you enrol today you can start today!
As a global leader in online TEFL / TESOL education, you can be confident that all of our tutors are fully-qualified and have extensive experience in teaching English to adults and young learners. As our online courses are assignment-based, you don't have to sit any exams.
TEFL Training College offers our online TEFL / TESOL programs through up-to-date, technologically advanced interactive training media which enhance and promote the learning experience.
You will be assigned a tutor who will be available to assist you with your studies and guide you every step of the way.
Student Testimonial: "Thanks to TEFL for a great opportunity in getting me one step closer to achieving my dreams of working and travelling the world.
The TEFL course provided me with easy access to course material I required for assignments, quick correspondence between myself and the institute, as well as detailed feedback on assignments."
- Abby, South Africa
Sol Schools Toronto is an international language school and teacher training center located in downtown Toronto, Ontario in Canada. The ESL teacher training programs offered by Sol Schools Toronto include a TEFL certificate, a part-time CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course and a TESL diploma course which teaches you everything you need to teach English in Canada or overseas. The TESL diploma is offered full-time (4 weeks) or part-time (10 weeks). Full job assistance is also provided.
Our TESL Diploma Program is recognized by TESL Canada, and also offers on site observations and practicum classes. The TESL Diploma is recognized by all Canadian associations and accreditation bodies as a requirement for teaching ESL in Canada including the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Sol Schools Toronto belongs to the Canadian Association of Private Language Schools (CAPLS), and we are a member of the Canadian Education Centre Network (CECN) and the Language Industry Association (AILIA).