Kwantlen Polytechnic University: Located in Vancouver, Canada, Kwantlen Polytechnic University is situated in Richmond, which is about 30 minutes south of the downtown core Kwantlen is the longest established CELTA centre on the west coast of Canada. Although we do not have a current CELTA offering, we have been running courses regularly since 1997, and we have an established team of Cambridge accredited trainers with substantial experience teaching English and training teachers both abroad and in Canada.
CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is the most widely recognized certification in the world for ESL teacher training. We offer both full-time and part-time CELTA courses.
Kwantlen offers longer CELTA courses that allow trainee teachers more time to develop the knowledge, skills and awareness to begin their careers: choose from 5-week full time courses or 12-week part-time courses. The CELTA course at Kwantlen is unique in offering an online module that gives trainees hands-on experience with an online learning environment.
Features of the CELTA course:
- a highly practical course with a concurrent practicum
- a low trainee/trainer ration (6:1) with each course limited to 12 participants
- a practicum which is guided, observed and assessed by the course trainer
- Cambridge-approved trainers with wide experience teaching both abroad and in Metro Vancouver
- two formats: 5-week (full-time) or 12-week (part-time) courses, both 160 hours plus.
- external moderation: every course inspected by an assessor from the University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate
- the internationally recognized teaching certificate (for successful candidates) from UCLES (University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate)
- graduates are eligible to apply for TESL Canada Professional Certification Standard
The Academy of Languages and Training Canada (ATC) offers internationally-recognized TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification programs in the heart of Vancouver BC. We offer a 4-week TESOL Certificate program and an 8-week TESOL Diploma to Canadian and international students with a high-intermediate to advanced level of English. In addition, we provide a range of online TESOL courses.
The in-class TESOL teacher training programs are intensive and exciting programs that include an integrated practicum (work experience) with a lot of student presentations and practice teaching to prepare students to teach in the real classroom! Our online TESOL courses are ideal for students who are self-motivated and give the students the advantage to work in the comfort of their own home at their own pace.
Our school is centrally located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, just 2 blocks from Granville and Waterfront skytrain stations. We are close to coffee shops, stores, and restaurants.
Situated located in Vancouver, BC, Vancouver Community College (VCC) offers one of the largest TESOL / TESL / TEFL English teacher training programs in Western Canada. VCC is recognized both nationally and internationally as a leader in English language teacher training. We offer a range of different online and on-site Certificate and Diploma programs for teaching English. Our training is accredited by BC TEAL and TESL Canada.
VCC is a recognized leader in instructor training, the choice of the Ministry of Advanced Education for its Provincial Instructor Diploma Program and home of the largest English language teacher training (TESOL) program in Western Canada.
We offer programs, courses and workshops to professional and potential adult educators and trainers, with graduates instructing in colleges, government, industry, non-profit and private sector organizations.
Online & On-site TESOL / TEFL English Teacher Training Courses:
- TEFL Certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- TEFL Young Learners Certificate (TEYL)
- TESOL Certificate (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- TESOL Diploma - Fast Track
- TESOL Diploma - Part-time studies
- TESOL Distance Diploma
- TESOL Elective Courses
- Tutoring ESOL Certificate (English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Based in the Vancouver BC area, MyTefl provides practical, effective & affordable TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) solutions for students interested in starting a career teaching English overseas. Our online TEFL courses aim to provide the knowledge and practical skills and knowledge you need to successfully embark on a career teaching English.
Our comprehensive 120-hour TEFL course covers teaching specific skills including Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening, Classroom Management, how to plan and execute an effective Curriculum, how to implement Multimedia into a classroom and much more.
Our student-friendly courses provide the tools and techniques new teachers need to succeed in an EFL classroom. Our live tutors are always available to help you fully understand, and successfully complete difficult sections of the course.
We offer real post graduate employment assistance. We don't just send you a list of tips; we will send out your CV to our affiliate network and provide you with actual job offers that you can interview for. We will also provide assistance and advice regarding visa applications, contract negotiations and anything else you need to safely and properly start your new career.
Most of our graduates have moved abroad within a few months of completing their TEFL courses with us. Starting at only $169 CAD, our courses are the perfect, affordable solution for teachers who would like to enter the exciting world of TEFL!
VIA Training Centre is in a bright heritage building in the heart of downtown Victoria, BC. The centre has a computer lab, student lounge, and TESL Library. Victoria is a very beautiful, clean, and safe city, and the capital of British Columbia.
The instructor has been teaching this class for several years, and brings a great deal of new ideas and energy to the program, making this a leading TESL program in Canada. Theory taught in the classroom is combined with activities, allowing our graduates to become confident, skilled teachers.
• With two training centres in Toronto, Ontario, StudyCELTA provides quality English language teacher courses to students from Canada and around the world.
• The Eglinton Avenue Campus training centre in the North Toronto area offers both full-time and part-time Cambridge CELTA courses, and part-time Cambridge DELTA courses.
• The University Avenue Campus training centre in downtown Toronto area offers full-time Cambridge CELTA courses.
• Being active globally in the TEFL / TESOL field since 1999, StudyCELTA is highly experienced in facilitating English language teacher certification for students who have made the decision to become a teacher of English as a second language.
• Having experienced work life ourselves as second language teachers and in management roles in language schools globally, we fully understand the importance and process of choosing a quality, accredited TEFL course. We look forward to answering your questions.
• Accommodation can be arranged by the Teacher Training Center for trainees coming from outside of Toronto.
Student Review: "The opportunity to actually teach while learning is an unparalleled experience and the teacher trainers employ the same methodology in their instructions. Having a teacher with a wealth of experience is excellent, but having teachers who care so passionately about teaching is invaluable."
- Michael from Canada
Greystone College is a career training institute with schools in Vancouver BC and Toronto, Ontario in Canada. Our English language teacher training programs are affiliated with top-ranked industry associations that assure our graduates of worldwide recognition. Greystone College has a student centered approach to learning and offers Diploma and Certificate Programs in TESOL - Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages.
Our mission at Greystone College is to offer career enhancing education programs and to deliver premier quality training in a stimulating environment. Greystone College’s statement of purpose is to empower all students with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare them for challenging global career opportunities.