Oakdale Academy, New York:
Oakdale Academy is the largest independently owned and operated child educational school on Staten Island, New York. We have two locations offering modern and cosy facilties to serve families throughout Staten Island and Raritan Bay and Bay Terrace communities. Our school serves children from infants, aged one month through children of eleven years. Our programs are designed to foster creativity and independence, promoting academic enrichment through a specifically designed curriculum utilizing challenging, stimulating materials and teaching methods. The programs care for the child as a whole so that there is also emphasis placed on nurturing emotional growth, while sparking excitement and enthusiasm in learning endeavors. We have programs to care for and educate your children at all stages of development and growth.
The program cares for the child as a whole so that there is also emphasis placed on nurturing emotional growth, while sparking excitement and enthusiasm in learning endeavors.
Children work in small groups based upon their abilities rather than arbitrary chronological grouping rules. This ensures each child being able to work at this own pace and reach his own potential through opportunities for critical thinking and problem solving. Small grouping by ability allows us to respond to individual needs.
Statement of Philosophy:
* We adhere to NAEYC's Commitment to children
* We appreciate childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle
* We base our work with children on knowledge of child development
* We appreciate and support the close ties between the child and family
* We recognize that children are best understood in the context of family, culture and society
* We respect the dignity, worth and uniqueness of each individual
* We help children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based upon trust, respect, and positive regard.
At Oakdale Academy we believe that each child is entitled to reach his or her full potential both as an academic learner as well as a well rounded individual. We carefully attend to the academic development while nurturing the emotional growth and self-esteem of the child. Our goals include:
- Successful transition from home to school
- Development of self esteem
- Development of respect for others and the environment
- Development of self-confidence
- Appreciation and love of learning
- Positive feelings toward school
- Critical thinking skills
- Critical evaluation
- Critical observation
- Logical problem
- Analysis and -synthesis
- Ability to work within a group and independently
- Ability to make choices, inquires and observations
- Ability to process information an a variety of modalities
- Ability to recall, retain and utilize information
- Infant Care program
- Preschool program
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary program
- Summer Camp programs
* We have holiday care available year round.
* We also have available door to door bus transportation for one way or round-trip use.
The learning habits a child establishes early in life can also make a difference in how well he does later in school. A good education, such as the one provided by Oakdale Academy fosters such qualities as initiative, concentration, self-discipline, and persistence in completing a task, responsibility, creative self- expression, study habits, research skills, and a love of learning. All these qualities are valuable in forming good study habits. The longer a child is able to reinforce his good habits and learning skills, the higher the probability that he will internalize them and make them a permanent part of his development.
A basic inquiry / discovery approach to learning is utilized in all components of the program. This encourages children to use all their senses while working, and to become keen observers and critical thinkers. It promotes a classroom climate that fosters the full academic potential of each child, permitting them to broaden and expand their repertoire of skills and knowledge. Children enrolled in our elementary program take standardized tests at the state level, and parents receive scores, test interpretations and results.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Oakdale St., Staten Island, New York , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.