Based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Yorkville University is a private, online institution of higher learning. We offer three quality distance education degree programs to students across Canada, North Americ,a and from around the world. Our Degree programs include Counselling Psychology, Adult Education, and Business Administration. The Yorkville online learning environment provides the perfect learning platform for adults who have full-time careers or family obligations but still wish to earn a university degree.
Online / Distance Learning Undergraduate & Graduate Degree Programs:
Online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Yorkville University’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program is not just “business as usual”. The program’s innovative design, accessible delivery model and socially conscious treatment of business principles make Yorkville University’s BBA stand out as an exceptional pathway for modern working adults looking to advance their careers or launch their businesses.
Yorkville University recognizes BBA students’ prior education.Yorkville University’s BBA is designed for students who have graduated from a two or three year diploma or a degree in any discipline.
- Macroeconomics in Global Context
- Business Decisions Analysis
- Business Law
- Organizational Behaviour and Management
- International ness Environment
- Business Ethics
- Introduction to Marketing
- Management Information Systems
- Managerial Accounting
- Introduction to Managerial Finance
- Human Resource Management and Development
- Production/Operations Management
- Business Strategy
- Organization Theory and Design
- Entrepreneurship and Small ness Management
Online Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology Degree:
This program is offered using an online/blended delivery model. The term “blended” refers to the fifth term of study, which is the practicum portion of the program. The Director of Clinical Training works closely with students to help them find a practicum placement in their home community. The program is comprised of five full-time terms of study and takes approximately 20 months to complete depending on the length of the practicum. Students attending part-time will take longer to complete the program.
- Biological, Developmental and Scientific Basis of Behaviour
- Theories of Personality
- Psychological Assessment
- Counselling Methodologies – Humanistic and Psychodynamic Modalities
- Counselling Methodologies – Behavioural and Cognitive Modalities
- Cultural Differences in Counselling
- Marriage and Family Systems
- Ethical Standards for Mental Health Service Providers
- Research Methodology
- Group Counselling
- Master’s Case Presentation
Online Master of Education in Adult Education Degree Program:
This program provides students with courses and activities intended to prepare them professionally for the specialized field of adult education. Those already involved in the field will be able to extend their practical knowledge and skills. It is designed for students holding a bachelor’s or first professional degree from varied academic backgrounds.
The major focus of the adult education specialization is to prepare students for professional practice in a variety of instructional and administrative roles in the private and public post-secondary (higher) education sector, including: Universities; Colleges; Polytechnics; Vocational schools; Adult and second language schools. The program also applies to those who are seeking positions within training departments in corporate, public safety, non-profit, health care and government sectors.
The entire program is completed online; no residency component is required which means students do not have to travel to New Brunswick in order to complete the program. Students must complete ten courses and a major capstone project, which can be a major academic report or a practicum. Students may complete the entire program within six academic terms or 24 months of consecutive study.
- Core Courses:
- Foundations of Adult Education
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Adult Learning
- Program Development and Planning
- Diversifying Adult Education
- Evaluation in Adult Education
- Contemporary Issues in Adult Education
- Major Academic Report
- Practicum in Adult Education
- Teaching at the Adult Level
- History of Adult Education
- Philosophy of Adult Education
- Community-based Education
- Proposal Writing in Education
For further information on our online graduate degree programs, please email us via our Contact Page.